Author Topic: Donations ?  (Read 1634 times)

Rangerick

Donations ?
« on: January 07, 2022, 09:38:04 AM »
Where did the RTMM "Donations" link go ?

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Donations ?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 11:07:33 AM »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Rangerick

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 11:56:54 AM »
Thanks Jeff !

"Donation" sent.

You folks do amazing work and I have been enjoying it since the original Misty Moorings.

'Kudos" to everyone at RTMM and have a Safe and Happy 2022 !

Dan

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2022, 01:16:57 AM »
I'm catching up on the forums and I'm sorry I missed this, Rangerick.      Yes, with Doug's redesign of the site, the donations link doesn't seem to be on the home page any more.        (edit:  the "donation" button is apparently on some pages in the form of a small wolf head now, not sure of the symbolic meaning but there you have it!)

We've never prominently pushed for donations because in all honesty we have pretty much broken even on hosting, registration, and upgrade/security costs for the site over the years.     Sometimes we have gotten some larger donations which filled the coffer with more than we needed for website costs, and I passed that overflow along to my father, Doug.  He's worked his ass off for this site so he deserves the very occasional $25 amazon gift card.  ;)

Monetization was never a goal of RTMM, we've always been about being FREEware but thank you so much to everyone that has donated along the way.    I've always wanted to, at the very least, make some sort of forum recognition for people that have supported RTMM, that's on me and I need to look into it again.  Maybe a title of some sort.

Rangerick, thanks for your many donations over the years, it's greatly appreciated.    Thank you for helping to keep the lights on at Misty's Place.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 11:53:24 PM by Dan »

Simicro

• France
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2022, 11:25:05 AM »
Dan,

As I understand, over the years donations/incomes have ended covering the costs. That's good. Regarding the  very occasional $25 Amazon gift card for Doug, you did quite well and right for the reasons you mentioned.

Regarding 'some sort of forum recognition for people that have supported RTMM', I believe that the vast majority of donators (if not all) do not expect anything in return, apart maybe that RTMM continues to be online. If you still want to do something, I suggest that you keep it simple and don't spend too much time on it. A donator 'rank' (similar to 'Misty Moorings Team') using the custom field feature of the forum should do the job. Or a discreet little badge / mini-banner that donators would place manually in their signature.

Me too, I was wondering about the symbolic meaning of the wolf head. If there is a meaning, maybe it suggests a call to act in the interest of the community. Additionally wolves live in the Bush...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 02:02:15 PM by Simicro »
- TONY -

FSX-MS l Tongass Fjords X l FlyTampa Grenadines & StMaarten l RealAir Scout & SF-260 l ChasePlane l FSUIPC l FSTramp l FS Force l Win 10 l i5 4670K 4.3 Ghz l RAM 32 Gb l GTX 1080 l CH Fighterstick modded with a MS FF2 base l VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV

Dan

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2022, 01:55:16 PM »
Thanks for the feedback Simicro, and your donation!  I still haven't figured out any sort forum recognition, but it's still something I'd like to do in the future.  It's just a little lower on the to-do list and I'm instead focusing on fending off the spam-bot registrations (over 100 today for some reason!) and preparing for the next forum update.   :D

Simicro

• France
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2022, 03:37:24 PM »
Good luck Dan for the forum update. I know it's some work (especially if there is some manual file editing) to make it happen flawlessly.
- TONY -

FSX-MS l Tongass Fjords X l FlyTampa Grenadines & StMaarten l RealAir Scout & SF-260 l ChasePlane l FSUIPC l FSTramp l FS Force l Win 10 l i5 4670K 4.3 Ghz l RAM 32 Gb l GTX 1080 l CH Fighterstick modded with a MS FF2 base l VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV