Author Topic: It's About Time we had a Helicopter  (Read 2582 times)

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
It's About Time we had a Helicopter
« on: November 14, 2021, 02:12:07 PM »
Sooo...

All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: It's About Time we had a Helicopter
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2021, 08:28:17 PM »
Beautiful Rendition ... shoot me the files when you are ready and I'll post it for you.

For the helicopter people, we have helipads going into every Lighthouse location we are building. Rod has "hard-surfaced" several object models that we are using. There are now 35 locations you can safely visit by helicopter. Adding this repaint to the fleet will be a plus for many people.

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2021, 02:40:12 PM »
Delayed. Not by much, but the PK and the Blender model are a tad limited, so finding skid, main rotor blades and other odds and ends is taking time. Also feeling a bit under the weather (old age joints and stuff like that  >:( ) so I am tending to binge watch the TV more.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 02:42:04 PM by One-Eye »
All the best,

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2021, 04:53:13 AM »
OK, we're trating ourselves to the luxury version, so this one needs to be kept clean. OK? Maybe we can afford a "military" surplus version at a later date for all those deep in the bush jobs...

(Previews only - still a fair bit of work needed to find the right bits for the rest of the skids, the correct comp files - the one used atm is for the black masked cockpit, and a few other bits and bobs...
All the best,

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2021, 09:35:21 AM »
Nice work Chris. You have a good one-eye for this work. Really nice job sir!
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2021, 04:50:28 AM »
Right then! Fundamentals sorted, now let me get down to the details. Time to take the exterior over to PAKT for a blow dry.

All the best,

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2021, 07:47:04 AM »
Man that looks so nice Chris.. nice work.
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2021, 10:00:14 AM »
Great job, Chris!

Rod

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2021, 10:01:09 AM »
 8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2021, 04:12:53 PM »
I hate "Mandatory Update" days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Move the community, clear content.xml, clear data download memory, re-locate community folder, test the main addons...

Just the data download install has been on the go for 4 hours.

Can't use the PC for correcting the paint errors outstanding.

The H145 is looking rather pretty though, and i (did) have a working package. But tonight is binge TV night, so more patience needed.
All the best,

Doug

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2021, 07:41:28 PM »
It blew away what I was doing.  The SDK wouldn't let me make a parking dock,  the slew stopped working when in Dev mode and the instruments on screen when flying outside are gone.  Why can't they upgrade just one [expletive]  time without screwing up things that were already working.  Darned frustrating.   

Stanel

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2021, 07:58:46 AM »
One-Eye... I think there's no need to move Community folder. I always simply rename it and create the new one. After successful update I delete the new and return to the previous.
Stan

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2021, 08:27:16 AM »
It blew away what I was doing.  The SDK wouldn't let me make a parking dock,  the slew stopped working when in Dev mode and the instruments on screen when flying outside are gone.  Why can't they upgrade just one [expletive]  time without screwing up things that were already working.  Darned frustrating.

Hi Doug,

Asobo reset the assistance options since they changed how the options display and work a bit.  You need to reset them to your preference.  That should let you set the instruments to display when flying outside the plane....I think.

Rod

Doug

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2021, 09:00:05 AM »
Thank you Rod, found it.  FAI (for anybody's interest), I am now subscribed to "Overkill Simulations" channel on YouTube. This guy does a great job explaining things. He has a new vid up this morning about Update 7 showing a lot of these hidden things and how to find them.

So I've got my instruments back. The second problem I had was when I tried to create a dock or a parking space, I got the error "parking not linked to the main graph" ... huh? Try and figure out what they mean by that!?!?  Kev tipped me off this this is another "ASOBO Improvement" that takes us to steps back instead of forward. We do many REMOTE parking locations in RTMM. Now I have to link each of those to a taxiway and link the taxiway to the runway. I've made over 600 parking spaces and didn't have to do this. How can this be "better?""  But at least I now know what the problem is.

There is a bug, and Kev has reported it. In the Dev mode, the slew doesn't work. This is a critical bug for me because that's how I position the plane to set up the runway directions and positions.  I also use it to quickly slew away from a location and quickly slew back so the terrain adjustments happen (rather than waiting for them to reload which can take, literally, minutes). So that is a bug.

What is so frustrating, they don't put a lot of this stuff in the release notes. So for me, I'll be heading for Overkill Simulations on YouTube the next time an update comes out rather than beating my head against the computer screen for a full day.

Doug

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2021, 02:49:29 PM »
Paint bug found! The paintkit albedo textures for the door rail and front runner covers are mirror mapped on the LUX variant but the CIV variant seems to be OK. Just waiting for Hype to verify this and I will then be able to finish the paint off.

When you compare the albedo and the comp textures you can see what I mean. The obvious fix is to cut/paste a section from my master texture. We shall see.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 02:51:15 PM by One-Eye »
All the best,