Author Topic: Trouble Installing the RTMM Master File  (Read 2058 times)

jstanbro

Trouble Installing the RTMM Master File
« on: October 21, 2021, 03:32:26 PM »
I'm reinstalling FSX-SE (Win 10) again.  I've installed the RTMM Master File before, but this time I've hit a snag.
I downloaded a fresh copy of the RTMM Master File and tried to follow the instructions in "Readme Quick Setup.txt." (Last time I downloaded it there were pdf instructions, but that's not the problem.)
Looking for the scenery.cfg file, I found it in "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX" where the directions say "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft Flight Simulator".  I can't find a "\Microsoft Flight Simulator" folder.
I got the new RTMM locations pasted into the scenery.cfg and updated their location. All's well so far...
The problem is that the computer won't let me save the file to over-write the old scenery.cfg.  I believe (or once believed...) that I have full administrative rights on my computer, but evidence says otherwise. I didn't have this problem the first time I installed the Master File, but I don't remember why.  I tried a couple of things I found on Google, but no joy.  I have attached a screen shot of the error message I got.  I know I am doing something really, really stupid, since no one else seems to have had this issue.
Any ideas?
"The hardest thing about flying is the ground." - Charles Kingford-Smith

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Trouble Installing the RTMM Master File
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 05:04:29 PM »
Scenery.cfg for FSX-SE - C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE

Or do a search for Scenery.cfg and make a shortcut for that location on your desktop so it is handy.

If your scenery can't be saved, right click on the file and make sure hidden and read only are unchecked- the OK.

Barring that,  save the file as scenery.txt. (then rename the old scenery.cfg to scenery.cfg.bak then
rename scenery.txt > scenery.cfg.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 05:07:23 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

jstanbro

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 10:50:55 AM »
Thanks Norm!  I've got it.
Jerry
"The hardest thing about flying is the ground." - Charles Kingford-Smith

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2021, 12:22:34 PM »
Thanks Norm!  I've got it.
Jerry

:) Right on, good show!
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^