Author Topic: Something Slightly Different...  (Read 2987 times)

archangel1

Something Slightly Different...
« on: April 16, 2011, 03:01:33 AM »
I just picked up Revell's 1/32 Piper PA-18-150 Float Plane and am sorely tempted to paint it up in Misty colours.  The main paint job shouldn't be too much of a problem but I'll have to work out how to do any writing on it.  Homemade decals, maybe? Anybody got any dead-on shots of the fuselage sides and a top-down view of Chris' J3? Might have to adapt it slightly to fit a Super Cub.  Still several weeks at the earliest before I can hopefully get my own version of Misty Moorings up and running so I can check things myself.  Although, at the speed I build, it'll probably take several weeks (months!) before I can get enough put together to even worry about painting it! Thank goodness only two more weeks to retirement and some freedom to actually do something!
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
Re: Something Slightly Different...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 10:23:52 AM »
I just retired two weeks ago.  I highly recommend it!    ;D   Just finished a 4 day Rendezvous (1820's Fur Trade reenactment) and not off to Seattle, WA this Wednesday for a week or so.  Boeing Museum of Flight is on the agenda this time around as is a visit to Orcas Island!!    ;D   ;D
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

Gypsy Pilot

Re: Something Slightly Different...
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 11:48:08 AM »
Here is a site that may help with the markings.

http://www.decalpaper.com/category-s/2.htm

Back in the day before computers and ink jet printers I used to have to hand paint my custom decals.  What a pain that was.

Still flying low and slow
~~ Dale ~~
Dale "Gypsy Pilot" Evans

Fly like a Float Plane Pilot
Disconnect those brakes