Author Topic: Thanks from the new guy in town  (Read 2692 times)

e-m-k-a

Thanks from the new guy in town
« on: September 03, 2021, 04:14:01 AM »
Hi guys,

I've been playing MSFS since it came out and was always looking for something more than just randomly flying from one airport to another. I soon found out that I enjoyed low-level VFR flights in slow planes the most and created a kind of back story where I was a lonely bush pilot. Naturally I was drawn to flying in Alaska - seemed the most fitting choice for a budding bush pilot like me. :-)
However I still had the problem of finding new and interesting airports to fly to/from. So I tried some third-party add-ons like OnAir and Neofly (which I can both recommend, btw). They added an element of randomness and gave my bush pilot a virtual career in which he earned money by doing jobs.
Still in the vanilla game a lot of places seemed kind of bland and empty, so that many of my "jobs" still felt a bit generic to me. Why am I flying three guys from airport A to airport B again?
Then I took a break from flying and came back this summer - and discovered you guys!

I have to say it is really amazing what you have created here (and are still creating)!
By adding real life small airports / sea plane bases to the game you make this corner of Alaska so much richer and convincing. It is just so much fun taking off at Misty's Place (hey, a real homebase!), ferrying a bunch of tourists to a remote cabin that is not accessible otherwise, picking up some passengers for the return trip to PAKT to catch their cruise ship back home or delivering urgently-needed supplies to a small coastal settlement. NOW the jobs we fly have a "real" purpose - and it is so much fun to create a small story behind each flight. And most of your sceneries are created with so much devotion to detail! With RTMM this corner of Alaska feels alive at last. Thank you all for creating this!

Here's to many happy flights!
Michael
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 04:53:28 AM by e-m-k-a »

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Thanks from the new guy in town
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 08:47:28 AM »
Welcome Michael.  Glad you found us.  Doug is really working some magic, isn't he.  Great work Doug.  (and the MSFS capable team members too).  I am constantly impressed.  Have fun out there.   8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Garry

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 02:03:08 PM »
Welcome Michael.

This is exactly how I got into RTMM all those years go.
Although Orbx did a grand job in providing us with some great regional scenery, RTMM made it come alive for me.
Even now when I take off fromPAKT in FS2020 it looks 'empty' compared to P3D and RTMM.

Enjoy!!

R7 5800X RTX4070ti 12gb 32gb 3200 DDR4 Corsair 110h v2  34" UW 1440p 100hz  1tb SSD-OS 1Tb M2 Cambridge 5.1 audio Honeycomb A + B TM pedals Corsair K55+M55 Seasonic 750w plat

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 03:39:26 PM »
That's awesome. Thank you Michael.

Welcome to our world and now drinks are on you at Misty's Place!! It's a tradition when we welcome new folks to Misty's Place.

"Hey Everybody, Michael's got the next round!!!"

Brad

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 05:52:07 PM »
Hi Michael, welcome to the RTMM experience.  Thank you for your kind words, much appreciated. There certainly now are plenty of places to go in RTMM, and we are still adding them almost weekly.

As of this afternoon, we have 142 locations!

We are learning as we go and having a lot of fun with the continuing concept of RTMM. If you have any questions, just ask, but we are very glad you are here at "home" with us.

Doug

Beardgoblin

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2021, 05:58:22 AM »
...I soon found out that I enjoyed low-level VFR flights in slow planes the most and created a kind of back story where I was a lonely bush pilot. Naturally I was drawn to flying in Alaska - seemed the most fitting choice for a budding bush pilot like me. :-)
However I still had the problem of finding new and interesting airports to fly to/from. So I tried some third-party add-ons like OnAir and Neofly (which I can both recommend, btw). They added an element of randomness and gave my bush pilot a virtual career in which he earned money by doing jobs...

Greetings @e-m-k-a!

That's exactly the way I like to play and how I found my way to RTMM - I was enjoying my Flight Sim time before I found RTMM, now I love it!
The New Rig:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 4.6GHz, 32 Gig RAM, RTX 2060 D6 6GB V2 GPU, T16000M FCS Hotas, Logitech 3 stick Throttle Quad.