Author Topic: Misty hop #8 , 5-26 , at 9 EST , 1am zulu  (Read 5603 times)

WeDGe

• You cant take it with ya
Misty hop #8 , 5-26 , at 9 EST , 1am zulu
« on: May 24, 2011, 02:12:47 PM »
This weeks flight  while take in the following scenerys found here on the scenery page, 1 The Chilcotin Plateau airfield  2 Driftwood depot and 3 either the Nadina Mt ranger station airfield or Telkwa airfield PF27..just need to find out which one will fit the routing best..as far as ser4vers maybe the back up or my good old faithful always on and always free Midav eurotrek server ..details to follow .Hope you can make it lazyeight , sorry i missed ya last week cheers WeDGe 8)

Lazyeight

Re: Misty hop #8 , 5-26 , at 9 EST , 1am zulu
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 04:11:31 PM »
Will try to be there and join you

Lazyeight

Lazyeight

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 08:42:25 PM »
WeDGe,   I installed the scenery you said we might use, with the exception of the Driftwood Depot. I tried that several times and I get the Driftwood Bay Air Force Station AK23. Is that Driftwood Depot? Well anyway, it would not install. Everytime I just get a bare runway with bare mountains all around it. I have checked out the scenery files as best as I can and they all look to be fine, but no airport appears. No buildings or anything. Can you offer any help? I tried the scenery test and all my buildings are there, so all the scenery is installed. Anyway, I do have PF27 and PF28 plus Nadina Mt. Ranger Station airfield.
Lazyeight

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 11:05:22 PM »
lz8,
Have you added the scenery to your FSX scenery library as directed in the readme file?  If not it will not show in the scenery.  Of course you also have to fly to the location to see the scenery as it is not depicted in the GPS or the airport selection screen.
 8)
Later,

Spud

WeDGe

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 11:10:31 PM »
I havent installed these yet , i,ll do so in the mourning and let you know what happens,  it is driftwood depot on the scenery page .dont know what the download is named.....we,ll see what happens. tomorrow 8)

PS Lz8 {i like that} driftwood bay airforce base is a default airfield  , Not driftwood depot.like spud says you have to fly there ....i usually put these in , add them and then visit them for the first time on the mp flights ..I like the surprise of discovering it with the group but i,ll stop by and have a look....i,ll update my findings later
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 01:43:22 AM by WeDGe »

Lazyeight

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 09:11:03 AM »
Well I flew there this morning and guess what! It was there in all its glory. Wonderful little airport with lots of extras. Happy I found it and sorry about the confusion. Look forward to joining you Thursday evening if all works out. I am trying to contact Darryl about offering him a server if that would help, but can find no way to send him a message.
Lazyeight

WeDGe

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 12:51:13 PM »
Final routing for misty hop #8

Here it is i had to drop the Chilcotin plateau airfield of the list ..its just to far south and would make the flight over 400 miles,  I replaced it instead with the Meziadin lake camp ground scenery.so you,ll need that one instead.

Route as follows .Takeoff from Stewart CZWT -a quick full stop at Mezadin lake camp to regroup - then its almost 100 miles over some rugged terrain for another full stop at Driftwood depot. this is a long leg but will be good to relax take in the scenery and BS about stuff- after that its a touch n go at takla narrows airfield and onto a full stop landing at Houston CAM5, then our final destination is just over 20 miles away at the Nandina MT ranger station airfield.......thats it heres the screen shot of the trip

I have to remeber to write down the headings before we get started  so i know which direction to head for each leg .....server info to follow  cheers wedge ;D

we,ll use the backup server  IP = 72.39.39.71  port 23457
                            Teamspeak 2 = 72.39.39.71:8767 password is rtmm2011

again takeoff is at 9pm est 1am zulu so try to log on alittle earlier .i know it takes me a good 10 minutes to get set up

so we all have the same expierience ,set your local time to the current date at 8am and real weather
we do have some ground to cover so lets try and pick an aircraft that can cruise at 140 ,150 knots
I,m gona fly my Misty beaver 8)

cant wait hope you guys can make it ,cant wait to get up in the air this evening  cheers wedge :)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 03:10:49 AM by WeDGe »

Lazyeight

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 06:28:08 PM »
My internet has been off for the last 20 hours due to a big oak falling across the street and breaking all the phone lines. We just got back online and now I find out that the flight from Atlanta that my wife should have been on was cancelled. It was due in at 6:05 and now I don't know where she is or when she will arrive. So I may not be able to join you at 8 pm tonight but will try.

Lazyeight

Lazyeight

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 09:48:46 AM »
Fun flight last night. Thanks to WeDGe for putting this together. Scenery at Driftwood Depot is the greatest. Lots of fun. If you are not into multiplayer flying you  are missing out. Come join us on Thursday nights.

Lazyeight

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 10:13:06 AM »
Sorry I could not make the hops last night but real life has a way of getting in the way at times.  Perhaps next week although I also have VA flights that weekend as well.  Not having seen anything recently I am assuming that we are using the backup server and TS2 still?
Later,

Spud

Lazyeight

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 10:15:04 AM »
That is correct Spud. Back up server and TeamSpeak 2. All worked well last night. Join us Thursday night.

Lazyeight

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2011, 09:23:02 PM »
Glad to hear you're all liking Driftwood Depot. That was a fun one to do.

Brad

:)

WeDGe

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2011, 10:55:41 AM »
hey brad , yea it sure is a nice place , i had a question , i was missing all those sheds betwwen the rail and runway just had the old mill and water tower and the graveyard at the other end , and i still enjoyed the scenery , just wondering what files i m missing , are those sheds from tongass fjords ? i dont have tongass so i figure thats where you got them...tks WeDGe

Dieter

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2011, 12:24:50 PM »
Driftwood Depot is additional scenery to Driftwood unlisted /PFJ
Navman's Retreat is additional scenery to Bradfield River/PFJ
Granduc Memorial Camp is additional scenery to Granduc Mine airstrip/PFJ

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2011, 07:21:15 AM »
Wedge you'll need to install the OZx libraries to see those smaller sheds.

First

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1255-ozx-libraries10-installer/

and then:

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1458-ozx-libraries-11/

in that order. Also, you should install all of the OZx scenery for Australia and North America. Not to be missed. It's most impressive.

Brad