Author Topic: Environment  (Read 4573 times)

archangel1

Environment
« on: May 20, 2011, 02:31:59 PM »
There appears to be a fair bit of choice when it comes to changing your simming environment.  I have REX v.2 which seems to be the current champion but what about FEX, GEX, ASA and any others, though? I know some of them are quite compatible but are there any 'must haves'? What do you guys use?
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Environment
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 06:30:06 PM »
REX Overdrive for me. I'm happy with it.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 11:04:02 PM »
     I have REX 2.0, and FEX also.  I also have CumulusX!.  That one gives you more accurate thermals and ridge lift.  I haven't gotten REX's Overdrive to install yet.  I tried several times, and gave up.  But that was a while ago.  I should try installing it again.  REX gives you a beautiful cloudscapes and ground textures, and FEX paints the sky and water textures in amazing and various ways.  So they are each different, and have their own strong points.
     ( It is funny just how much "enhancing" has been done to FSX.  It's like button soup, where everyone contributes something different, and by the time it's done it is a meal fit for a King, made with a single button.  Amazing!)  ;D

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

archangel1

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 11:55:00 PM »
...REX gives you a beautiful cloudscapes and ground textures, and FEX paints the sky and water textures in amazing and various ways...

Interesting.  One forum I was on the other day said that the clouds in REX were awful and that was what they used FEX for!

I'm not looking forward to eventually downloading Overdrive.  Looks like it could take a long time! 9GB (decompressed, I hope!) of free addons?
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 02:17:20 PM »
...REX gives you a beautiful cloudscapes and ground textures, and FEX paints the sky and water textures in amazing and various ways...

Interesting.  One forum I was on the other day said that the clouds in REX were awful and that was what they used FEX for!

I'm not looking forward to eventually downloading Overdrive.  Looks like it could take a long time! 9GB (decompressed, I hope!) of free addons?

I´m using REX Overdrive ,too and I´m very satisfied with it. The Overdrive download file is about 3,7 GB. So the download show work a bitter faster!  ;D....But as you said. It is a big Download!

Rex provides textures for clouds, drawing the skies, runways and water. I´m not sure but I think, there`s also a grass texture, not included in the rex payware but avaible as a separate freeware download. :-\
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 04:28:16 PM by corbu1 »

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 03:27:08 PM »
Boy they don't make it "easy" to contact them.  I've "registered" and have been "waiting for authorization" for 3 days now ... seems like you'd be an automatic part of the forum if you bought something (expensive!) form them.  Still waiting.  If somebody can get on their forum ask them why it takes so long to get people authorized.

D

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 07:37:18 PM »
Now I have Overdrive!  They released an updated version of the Overdrive download package in February.  I downloaded it last night, and installed it this morning.  I was having a problem installing the original Overdrive upgrade, but this new version installed without a hitch.  Now my REX is in HD.  It looks great.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 08:24:26 AM »
Finally got mine ... took them 3 days to give me access to the forum.  Haven't played with it much yet, but it went in fine.

D

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 08:26:33 AM »
Yeah, I went through that the first time too, a year ago.  This time I just had to reset my password, 'cause I forgot what it was after all this time.  Once I did that it was smooth sailing.  Well, not really.  After "signing in", I was redirected to their "Home Page", and I couldn't find the Overdrive download link.  When I did find it, it was a huge banner sign, right in front of me the whole time, saying "Upgrade now to Overdrive HD" or something like that.  I was looking for a "link" though, and didn't expect to have to click on that picture that just looks like an advertisement.  All's well that ends well.