Author Topic: Missing texture at Moresby Camp  (Read 8069 times)

gmazzei

Missing texture at Moresby Camp
« on: March 07, 2011, 05:36:46 AM »
Hi

I have a very little problem at Moresby Camp
While I see correctly all animated caterpillars and land clearing equipment , the cabin and the nearby dock  I see an untextured truck floating in the air near the the cabin. The truck is parked in line with some other vehicles correctly textured and placed.

Cheers

Guido Mazzei

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Missing texture at Moresby Camp
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 07:31:46 AM »
Go to the FAQ page or click here: http://return.mistymoorings.com/faq/

Once there, go to the "S" entry and find and install my scenery library testing tool. This could help you determine if something required isn't installed properly. Missing textures is usually associated with an improper installation of the EZ_1.zip file, so go back and make sure of that first.

Floating objects is usually associated with library placement order. Make sure our scenery files are at the top of your library AND remain there. You'll need to probably set the order and will need to use the FTX "Library Insertion Points" tool that comes with the FTX Central utility.

Information on how to use that tool can be found in the FTX "Pacific Fjords" manual.

Hope this gets some results for you.

Brad

GrahamP

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 06:11:46 PM »
I just flew to Moresby Camp for the first time.  Nice job you've done there, Brad.  Love the way the earth moving equipment gives it some life.

However, as per gmazzei's post, I also see an untextured truck floating above the ground.

I've checked the installation of the EZ_1 Libaries again and I think that's correct.  I've got all the libraries installed and all 5 buildings show correctly in the RTMM Scenery Test, so I'm taking it that means EZ_1 is installed correctly (??). 

The RTMM scenery is installed at the top of the FSX scenery library.

Any ideas please, anybody?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:01:51 AM by GrahamP »
Graham

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 08:21:45 AM »
I'll jump in here and add a "me too".  The fuel truck, while not floating in my scenery, is without texture.  I have all object libraries installed.  I just came here from PANT, and all those buildings are showing for me.

[attachment deleted by admin (old)]
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 09:57:10 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 12:12:44 PM »
You guys are Definitely missing some texture but I can not say which one.  The floating above the ground would probably be due to a MESH problem of some kind. 

My EZ Library has many more textures than the default due to my constantly adding texture to it.  Presently it is 1.06 GB with 6766 files in it.  I have combined all the freeware EZ, RWY12, Abacus, Nova Gold, Ceyx, etc. into one master scenery object library so I do not know where the texture comes from unfortunately.  The payware libraries are of course separate and distinct.

Here is the fuel bowser in a screen shot from my sim.

(click to enlarge)

As you can see the truck is on the ground and has textures.

8)
Later,

Spud

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 01:12:05 PM »
Just checked my screenshots I made some time ago of Moresby Camp.
I found the following... all works fine for me. The truck is there on the ground with the right textures.
Unfortunately I can`t say which library is responsible,too...sorry!

[attachment deleted by admin (size over 300k)]

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 11:11:51 PM »
I was wondering if there's a solution to this problem yet? 

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 10:06:43 AM »
Jeff,
what have you tried in your sim to solve the problem you and 2 others have had with Morseby Camp?  Do you have both the floating and no texture fuel truck or just no textures? 
Textures indicate missing scenery objects and floating indicate either MESH or Scenery Library order problems.

8)
Later,

Spud

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2011, 11:26:00 AM »
     Yes, I know it's a missing texture.  But, since all my object libraries are installed, and the other objects in the scenery show, I was wondering why that one doesn't.
     Just because only three of us have responded to this error on the forum doesn't mean more aren't out there silently waiting for a solution, or don't yet know they have a problem.  (Moresby camp is kinda out of the way, and most people wouldn't normally go there.)
     I just did a re-install of FSX, and Moresby camp is exactly the same as before, except I just installed the "sounds" for it.  They are working.
     That fuel truck is the only black object that I have found so far, so I don't believe it could be a missing library.  My fuel truck isn't floating, it's just black.
     I'll try rearranging my scenery library order.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 01:59:37 PM »
Only one that would know for sure would be Brad as he made the scenery.  But on a personal note when I was messing with Instant Scenery I could never figure out what texture went with the 16 digit GUID number that calls the texture.  Did a bit of scenery for my VA but because folks were opposed to having a large object library and wanted only those textures needed for the scenery I gave it up.  And making a 'specific' texture library using other peoples textures is not really kosher either.
Brad,
can you shed any light to the non-textured fuel truck at Moresby Camp?
 8)
Later,

Spud

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2011, 02:36:02 PM »
     Spud, do you know about this reference link?  http://lc0277.gratisim.fr/sceneobjects/  It lists all the FSX library scenery objects, complete with pictures.  Also includes Acceleration objects.
     Well, rearranging the scenery library had no effect.  I decompiled the bgl file to look at the guts.  I was able to use google to find common names for most of the GUID numbers.  I came to the conclusion that the fuel truck is the last item in the xml file, but google couldn't find the GUID in its search.  I attempted to change those GUID numbers to one from the object library, a fuel truck, but recompiling my xml into a bgl had negative results. (EVERYTHING disappeared).  I re-instated the original bgl and took another approach.  I don't know about exclusions yet, so I couldn't get rid of the black truck.  I did, however, place a fuel truck on top of the other one. (creating a new bgl with only the fuel truck in it).  It's a little ugly with the windshield of the other truck sticking out of it, but I just downloaded an exclusion program yesterday, and I think it's time to learn what it can do.  If anyone wants my fuel truck cover-up, I've attached it here, under the pictures.

[attachment deleted by admin (old)]
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 03:30:50 PM by jeff3163 »

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2011, 05:33:14 PM »
Jeff,
interesting utility but noticed that it only covers FSX Default and Acceleration libraries and I believe the fuel truck in question is from another object library.  I must say your solution is very creative and although not perfect it does make the truck visible which is way better than no textures.
 8)
Later,

Spud

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2011, 06:39:18 PM »
It lists all the FSX library scenery objects, complete with pictures.  Also includes Acceleration objects.
Yeah, that's what I was saying.  They are FSX Library objects.  But it comes in handy when browsing for a particular object you want to place.  I know the fuel truck isn't there, but the one "I" used is.  If the moresby bgl gets fixed, I can just delete the "cover" fuel truck's bgl file. Simple.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2011, 08:04:01 PM »
I'll fix this issue once and for all by removing the offending fuel truck and replacing it with something that should work. Just be patient with me as I have a very important day tomorrow.

But, it will be re-designed.

Thanks for finding these little things that need to be sorted out though. I appreciate it. We only want things to be right and this is not right. So it needs to be fixed.

Brad

Lazyeight

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2011, 08:15:12 PM »
I just checked out mine and the fuel truck is where it is supposed to be and looks fine.

Lazyeight