Author Topic: Problem at Bella Coola  (Read 3011 times)

Penzoil3

Problem at Bella Coola
« on: July 08, 2021, 08:22:28 PM »
When I disable RTMM, it returns to normal.  Orange flare.
Water Tower right smack dab at the end of the runway.
Flagpole in the middle of a taxiway flying an AMERICAN flag, not a Canadian flag.
A bunch of snow fences across a taxiway
House in the middle of a taxiway
Sailboat on dry land
Large tree growing out of the center of the helicopter landing pad
Fire truck blocking a taxiway
Large building on the parking ramp
Several signs advertising office space for rent.

Penzoil3

Re: Problem at Bella Coola
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2021, 09:10:32 PM »
 :'( Anybody? So far the only solution we have is to deactivate RTMM. I could use some help. Please?

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2021, 09:32:28 PM »
Hi Sue.  I went out and checked mine.  It is the same as yours.  Sorry for not responding somehow.  I don't know anything about that scenery at this time.  De-activating it for now seems like the best option.  I figure it must be designed for default scenery, but we have the Orbx Bella Coola activated there as well.  Right?  Just a guess.   :-\

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Penzoil3

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 07:22:12 PM »
I can't find an RTMM listing for Bella Coola. I meant deactivating the whole package. Not a good solution.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2021, 09:04:08 PM »

In the RTMM medical Facilities folder there are 4 Bella Coola Files: Disable them
-bella_coola_gen_hospital_exclude.BGL
-bellacoola_gen_hosp_M035.bgl
-bellacoola_gen_hosp_M035B_waypoint.BGL
-bellacoola_gen_hosp_M035H_waypoint.BGL

Orange smoke usually comes from automated medical dispatch perhaps? so disable them using the dispatch selector. (Turn all off)..

If that doesn't fix it  Might try to disable: 
RTMM:Chilcotin Plateau Airfield  -  >> This excellent AI maritime package contains specific scenery and AI traffic for Bella Coola and it is self-installing!

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Penzoil3

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2021, 08:20:35 PM »
Orange smoke usually comes from automated medical dispatch perhaps? so disable them using the dispatch selector. (Turn all off).. 
 What dispatch selector ? Where?
 Thanks very much.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2021, 08:33:04 PM »
Inside the RTMM Automated Dispatches scenery folder  (there is an exe that turns them off/on.) (or you can turn them manually by applying an extention .OFF to each bgl file.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 06:29:04 AM by nbrich1 »

Penzoil3

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2021, 10:11:56 PM »
Hmm, got rid of the orange smoke, but everything else remains. Removed UTAlaska, no help there.
 I appreciate any suggestions. I can't find anything in the area but OrbX, Tongass Fjords, and RTMM
 Sue.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2021, 07:27:37 AM »
In the RTMM Medical Facilities folder there are those 4 Bella Coola Files: Don't know if you tried them .OFF
but anything is worth a try. 
Files are:
-bella_coola_gen_hospital_exclude.BGL
-bellacoola_gen_hosp_M035.bgl
-bellacoola_gen_hosp_M035B_waypoint.BGL
-bellacoola_gen_hosp_M035H_waypoint.BGL

Or might turn all off and re-add in steps to be able to isolate which is messing it up:
So turn all off, then back on: turn RTMM on first, then ORBX PFJ then add ORBX Bella Coola to try to identify the piece that is applying the layer.  (Bella Coola is not in Tongass scenery per say.. but the entries in the terrain.cfg still have to be correct or that could mess up something.

Now speaking of layers, hopefully RTMM layer is on top of the pile, and orbx airports/Regions are below? (and any Orbx LC items, Tongass pieces are below that?).  (Orbx has hinted that order doesn't matter, but it does!!)... (that US flag is the key, it should be a Canadian at that location - so will be that whatever piece is conveying that US flag there is making the mess. The only other thing left is might try to search your sim and any add-on scenery locations for "Bella Coola" and "CYBD" to perhaps find any scenery files that may be interfering.   

PS: Might clear out the old indexes and give the SceneryIndexes64 folder a delete. Deleting this folder makes sure that all changes that you make are really active in the sim. (The folder and necessary indexes contained will rebuild on restart). 
Located in hidden folder>> C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\SceneryIndexes_x64.

Hope something helps at Bella Coola.

Norm
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 04:06:29 PM by nbrich1 »

w6kd

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2021, 03:39:26 PM »
The objects in the RTMM scenery appear to have been placed based on the default FSX/P3D airport.  The Orbx PFJ scenery upon which RTMM is based, in part, moved the airfield, resulting in all those objects (water tower, tree, vehicles, bldgs etc) being misplaced.

In ...\RTMM Addon (P3Dv4)\05-RTMM Addon Scenery\Birds-Bella Coola-Orcas Isl-PFJ\scenery remove or disable all the files Bella1.bgl thru Bella11.bgl to eliminate the misplaced objects.

Regards

Bob Scott

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2021, 04:08:12 PM »
That might do it.. could be more than just birds in the air!!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 05:20:07 PM by nbrich1 »

Penzoil3

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2021, 05:03:21 PM »
 8) Bob Scott that worked!  Thank you, thank you !
 Sue

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2021, 05:27:27 PM »
Will make a removal of those files in the master/add-on's asap to avoid those display issues at Bella Coola.

Thanks Bob. 

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2021, 10:03:32 PM »
Will make a removal of those files in the master/add-on's asap to avoid those display issues at Bella Coola.

Thanks Bob.

Thanks Norm.   8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

shermank

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2021, 01:56:22 PM »
Catching up late on this thread. I have the latest package which shows both American and Canadian flags...
US flag is SW of the rwy, Canadian is actually behind (S) of the car park. Otherwise, the field rwy, etc all look great.
btw, I do not have ORBX payware for CYBD. I do have other ORBX regional packs, PNW, PFJ and NALC, as well as Global Base.

Sherm