Author Topic: Flying the MFS0001 PNW Adventure  (Read 1193 times)

Yoda

• Misty Moorings Team
Flying the MFS0001 PNW Adventure
« on: June 02, 2021, 12:19:53 PM »
I've done some of this on my own before (Sekiu is a neat little airport), but today's weather was not terribly friendly.

The takeoff from Fairchild Intl (KCLM) was uneventful, with clear skies and calm winds. The direct route to Sekiu makes for a nice view...even saw an Arleigh Burke destroyer and an Oliver Hazard Perry frigate in line astern formation headed up the strait to Bremerton, no doubt.

Winds were straight out of the west at 5 - 10 knots as I entered the upwind at Sekiu. Flew the pattern and started a steep, stable approach on final. Picked an aiming point for the touchdown and WHAM...the bottom dropped out! We were caught by a downdraft...the wind comes across that little mesa and drops down to the marina about 300 feet down. With full power, I juuuuuust cleared the trees at the arrival end of runway 26, and managed to get the plane down a few feet right of the centerline, kicking up dust from the edge of the asphalt.

I know better. I saw the same thing this weekend at Catalina Island, but there, the winds were stronger and I expected it.

FS2020 is a whole new ballgame. I love it.
Best Regards,
Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch
Pinner, UK

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Flying the MFS0001 PNW Adventure
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 12:56:09 PM »
And it would seem getting better by the day.

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Flying the MFS0001 PNW Adventure
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2021, 04:31:53 PM »
For sure...

Just flew in lonely Chile/Argentina across the Andes, no a drop of add-on scenery.. Ahh, ooh, just beautiful!! 
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^