Author Topic: Acceleration objects  (Read 5033 times)

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
Acceleration objects
« on: May 18, 2011, 02:27:00 AM »
Quick question.......do most of the sceneries use Acceleration Pak objects?  Like smoke, pier posts, etc?

Reason is, I just reinstalled a clean FSX and all the scenery files from ORBX, OZx, plus GEX, REX, UT, etc.  I couldn't find my blasted FSX Acceration DVD so just did the SP1 and SP2 upgrade for FSX.  Figured I could add in Acceleration later once I found it.  BUT, I read that it is not a good idea to install Acceleration over SP2, but to first uninstall SP2.  Then I read that it's not a good idea at all to even do that, but to go straight from fresh FSX install to Accererated.  sheesh     When I did the first install of Acceleration it was over SP2 and I think that's where my problems started earlier.  Any insights welcomed.   I may just have to live with some missing objects at this point.    :-\
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Acceleration objects
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 03:53:54 PM »
Hi Rob,
We recommend you have FSX acceleration for all scenery usage here at RTMM. I design most of the scenery and have used those objects in the past and will continue to use them in the future.

So try and find that FSXAcceleration disc and be sure you see RTMM as it was meant to be seen.

Brad 

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 05:49:07 PM »
I did my last reinstall of FSX according to an article I read in PCPilot (Nr.68 Juli/Aug2010) as the followed:

1. Install FSX, start it and starting a freeflight, shuting down FSX, Reboot PC
2. Install SP1 for FSX, start FSX and starting a freeflight, shuting down FSX, Reboot PC
3. Install Acceleration (Note PCPilot said SP2 isn`t necessary when installing Acceleration, as SP2 is included in Acc), start FSX and starting a freeflight, shuting down FSX, Reboot PC

when installing the sdk`s they said FSX sdk should be installed after the above step1 and the Acceleretion sdk after step 3.

After that I installed all my addons and sceneries.

I donĀ“t know if this is the "Right" way of installing FSX. BUt it worked well for me. With my old installation I had quite often FSX crashed in Flight. Since reinstalling it works much better.

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Dragnhorn

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 12:13:19 AM »
Thanks for the info from PCPilot.

Just ordered it again  ::)   $16 from Amazon, so not too big a hit for hiding the first one so well.     :'(

Just curious, do you have to install the SDK's as well?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 02:39:23 AM by Dragnhorn »
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 09:11:56 AM »
SDK is basically tools for developing things for FSX and you do not need it for the flightsim itself.  Because M$ never made up there mind to finish FSX, hence FSX, SP1, SP2, Acceleration, FSX Deluxe, FSX Gold it would behoove one to Google FSX SDK prior to installing because there are A LOT VARIABLES involved for instance there is an update that per M$ should not be installed if you have the Acceleration Expansion Pack etc.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Dragnhorn

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 11:38:01 AM »
Thanks Spud.  I don't need the SDK right now.  I have heard one should first uninstall SP2 before installing the Acceleration.  Maybe that's where I went wrong the last time.
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 02:01:33 PM »
Yes, SDK isn`t really necessary for flightsimming.
As Spud said it`s for developping missions, placing objects etc.
I installed it and it`s tricky to get it running because it`s not well documented. So I didn`t try to use it so far. But it`s really not necessary for installing FSX.

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 05:42:26 PM »
Thanks Spud.  I don't need the SDK right now.  I have heard one should first uninstall SP2 before installing the Acceleration.  Maybe that's where I went wrong the last time.

Acceleration includes SP2 so I would remove the previous install of SP2 just in case Acceleration is not smart enough to get rid of anything in SP2 old install that is no longer needed.  We are, after all, dealing with a M$ product! (nuff said)
 8)
Later,

Spud

Dragnhorn

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 10:31:57 PM »
Thanks Spud.  That's what I'll do this time around.  I do have addon mesh, GEX, REX, and the three USA sceneries from ORBX installed but I'll stop short how and not touch the addon airports, AUS SP4 or any aircraft until I uninstall SP2 from MS and install Acceleration.  It will be here on Tuesday, when I get back from a trip to Yosemite Park!    ;D
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 

archangel1

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 11:56:15 PM »
...It will be here on Tuesday, when I get back from a trip to Yosemite Park!    ;D

Obviously your retirement is turning out to be a lot more exciting than mine! Other than getting a free new watertank upgrade, defrosting the fridge freezer and cutting the grass once, I've had one day out of the house since the end of April.  It appears Mother Nature has decided that monsoon season will be celebrated in eastern Canada this year.  We've had about 9 hours of sunshine over the past week or so and since I still haven't got my new computer (still waiting for my income tax refund), I'm starting to go a bit stir crazy.  There's only so many times you can surf the same websites.  Spent a fair bit of money, though, buying addons for FSX when I do get it going, mostly ORBX Aussie stuff, thanks to the big sale going on at the moment.  I am paying close attention to the reinstall problems several of you guys are having so I hopefully don't run into anything unexpected when it comes to my turn.

Have a good trip.

Mike
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

Dragnhorn

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2011, 11:02:47 AM »
Thanks Mike.  I LOVE retirement!    ;D   I still teach gardening to kids 5-11 yr olds and love doing that as well.  Here's a link (not to brag but to show kids need this and I am lucky to provide it)

http://www.redding.com/news/2011/apr/17/nurturing-young-minds-retired-gardening-by-damon

As for the uninstall/install tribulations I have again bitten the bullet and uninstalled FSX.  Now when the Accel Pak arrives Tuesday I'll do a fresh install with Accl Pak and then slowly add back my scenery addons.  I have all the ORBX stuff except about 4-5 Australian addon airports, so that goes on first, then RTMM, and after lots of testing and checking I'll put back REX.  I got a great increase in smoothness after the last reinstall and expect even better this time around.  (not adding FSGlobal mesh this time).

I bet you are looking forward to the new rig soon.  Maybe we can eventually meet up in  MP flight in the MM area!

Cheers
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 

archangel1

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2011, 12:15:15 PM »
A much better legacy than mine! My 40 years was spent in the bowels of X-Ray/Medical Imaging/eImaging/whatever we're calling it this week at Toronto General Hospital/University Health Network, working first with hardcopy x-rays and later with digital versions.  Overall an important job but unfortunately one where too many people don't realize how important.  If we didn't work properly, anybody who needed imaging didn't work properly either.

Still have a few more ORBX Aussie packs to pick up.  Have you seen the Brisbane video showing the dockside at night? Wonder what that looks like from a boat! Need Cushman Meadows, too, but it's not on sale yet!

As for MP, it's not really my thing and, in any case, I haven't flown any type of FS?? for at least 7 years.  I'm a little rusty to say the least and it's going to take some time to basically start again from the ground up (sorry!).  Now I have the time though.  ;D

Blue skies!
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!