Author Topic: FSX Flight Planner not loading Tour00036 Plans  (Read 1487 times)

williamb

FSX Flight Planner not loading Tour00036 Plans
« on: May 29, 2021, 09:59:26 AM »
I have just started Tour MFC0036 Approaching Olympic National Park.  Setup the documentation, flight plans, etc. in the same manner as other tours.   For some reason the Flight Planner in FSX did not load the first flight plan Port Hardy(CYCT) to Echo Bay Seaplane(CAA7).  The flight planner would not load any of the Tours flight plans.  All flight plans in other tours setup the same way have had no problem loading.

Any help/thoughts on this issue would be appreciated.

WilliamB

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: FSX Flight Planner not loading Tour00036 Plans
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 02:30:36 PM »
Might be a windows folder/digits limit..

Shorten the path of the FP folder and shorten (rename the FP itself)..

IE:  MFCT00449-6A2 01. VFR Port Hardy (CYZT) Stop CYAL, CAV5 to Echo Bay Seaplane (CAA7)- 1500.pln

Rename to read  ->   MFCT00449-6A2 01.pln

then try to load the FP. ..

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

williamb

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 04:06:21 PM »
Thanks Norm,

I changed the name of the flight plan as recommended.  Even shortened it would not load.  I tried loading other plans and the 3rd flight plan Scar Creek to Surge Narrows loaded.  Tried several others and they did not load.  I do have a long path to get to Tour flight plans but that has always been the same.  I reextracted Tour MFC0035 and while the 1st plan did not load(why as it did before?) others in the list did load. I did a complete scan no problems were found.  I have considered restoring to an earlier time but did not think that would affect the internal workings of FSX?  Although internally I have noticed FSX has slowed somewhat when changing aircraft for example.   Any other thoughts  you may have would be appreciated.

Bill

nbrich1

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2021, 05:05:21 PM »
Hmmm, long paths are the only thing I can think or your FSX likes it's own specific PC format.

So try this..   Do you have LNM or Plan G?. Trying loading the 1st FP in there first , then as soon as it loads, export that same FP as FSX/P3D format then save it somewhere (not too deep). 

Then try to load your saved FP in your FSX.

Norm

kaha

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2021, 05:13:07 PM »
You could take a look into the logs, maybe there is a trace.

Maybe you can share that flight plan so we can try to find out why it does not load? Maybe this could shed some light.

Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

williamb

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2021, 06:07:49 PM »
Thank you Norm and Kaha for your responses.

Kaha, I have tried every thing from comparing flight plans that loaded with the one that did not.  Changed the editing of the plan that did not load to look like the plans that did load.  I also shortened the plan as Norm first suggested.  But nothing worked.  l would be happy to provide the plan that did not load but as your see below the point may be moot now.

Norms last suggestion worked.  I would never have thought of it nor do I understand the logic but as Norm would say lol!  Loading the plan into PlanG and exporting it to the Tour MFC0036 flight plan file as an FSX/P3D plan worked.  FSX loaded the new plan no problem.

Much appreciated Norm.

WilliamB

nbrich1

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2021, 10:02:49 PM »
Glad that worked Bill..  It's just something about loading fp in fsx the odd time. If the fp format is generated on the same pc as the sim then it loads just fine but if not might not load. (Have seen this a few times). 

Well on wards and upwards and if it happens with a fp from any other source then - shorten the name 1st and if not load, then do the lnm or plan g and load the FP then export/save it and it should work in your sim. Just one of those things.  Glad all is good again and have fun getting back into the mfc air!

« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 11:29:59 AM by nbrich1 »