Author Topic: floating objects with TFX at PAKT  (Read 2459 times)

shermank

floating objects with TFX at PAKT
« on: August 04, 2021, 09:42:18 AM »
Hi all,

There has been a lot of discussion at ORBX over floating objects at or around PAKT. My issue is more with the TFX installation with RTMM. I hope someone can help me solve this problem. Thanks.

Sherm

https://i.imgur.com/E9XzBNS.jpg

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: floating objects with TFX at PAKT
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 11:38:52 AM »
Hi sherm

My first question would be.. what simulator are you using?... If P3D it is required to set up the 40 terrain config entries in the P3D terrain.cfg file.
(This step is not required for Tongass installation into FSX)

Second, for either FSX or P3D where is tongass higher and lower situated in your scenery Library? Tongass higher over lower,  must be placed below orbx airports/regions and above orbx open land class items..  (and rtmm sits on top of everything.).. this is setup via orbx central insertion points..

Lastly make sure you have the correct RTMM files that match either the default pakt airport or the orbx pakt airport..

Refer to help files in the Tongass forum section.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 11:46:04 AM »
Welcome to RTMM, Sherm.
     It looks like you don't have the payware version of PAKT?  That is required for the CIRP office and other RTMM additions there.  I see my "tunnel" in your pic.  That should pass under the elevated runway's end.  Looks like P3d to me.

Sherm's Picture-

I see Norm has posted while I was typing.  Thanks Norm.  :-*
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 12:04:50 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

shermank

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 12:51:18 PM »
Hi Norm and Jeff, thanks for  your help.

I am using P3D V5.2 HF1, all up to date
I do NOT own the payware PAKT. It is stock P3D scenery. As for the'tunnel", I wondered what that is and in fact have noticed it in one or two other scenery locations...sorry, cannot recall which ones at the moment.,

Specifically, I installed TFX using Poppet's method. My terrain.cfg is correct.
I have placed TFX in the correct higher over lower order. The two files are in correct position in re ORBX scenery files.

All THE RTMM files are above TFX as well as the one or two other add on sceneries which I use in P3D. I install sceneries using the Lorby Add on Utility. I have set positions in re ORBX, using ORBX Central, so that ORBX files begin after my add ons, and are above ORBX AIRPORTS AND REGIONS, the default setting.

Finally, as for the exact RTMM matching files, which ones should I look for, and where.

I should add that TFX is installed within P3D, and there is also a reference under documents, P3D ADD ONS. Those entries are all xml files.

Again, thanks for taking your time to help me. I have been simming since the mid 1980s, beginning with a Commodore 64. While not exactly a rookie, there are some issues that do creep up from time to time and seem above my paygrade...this is one of them.
Sherm

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 03:43:01 PM »
P3D V5.2 HF1 ok...and you are using default pakt.. Now, orbx pfj is a prerequisite so that is required.

One other tidbit, what are you using for the rtmm add-on scenery?  The RTMM add-ons for p3dv4 and/or p3dv5 use pakt add-on scenery that is compatible with orbx pakt payware airport, (as well uses add-on pieces that are designed for Orbx Homer and Orbx Valdez Pioneer.
(So those 3 Orbx payware airports are RTMM add-on prerequisites)

If you used the single rdmm scenery pieces just make sure that you are using those that are compatible with default airports and not the orbx airports.

Note: if you used the RTMM add-on for p3dv5 you could sub in the default pieces into the pakt folders as long as you maintain the add-on folder structure/names as this is structure is defined in the add-on.xml file to work/execute the add-on.

The affected scenery files for pakt that have a RTMM variation for either a default pakt scenery and/ or a RTMM scenery for use with orbx pakt airport scenery are:

C.I.R.P. PAKT Office
FedEx terminals (pakt file)
Herring Bay Cannery and SPB
Ketchikan Harbor (remove if using default pakt
  as Ketchikan harbor is only for use with orbx
  pakt airport).
PAKT Tunnel..(remove if using default pakt as  is
 as the tunnel only for use with orbx pakt
 airport).

So that about covers that I think.

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2021, 04:09:27 PM »
As for the'tunnel", I wondered what that is and in fact have noticed it in one or two other scenery locations...sorry, cannot recall which ones at the moment.,

Hopefully not THAT tunnel.  I made that one from scratch, and is my original work.  It belongs with my CIRP operations scenery for PAKT only.  Orbx never modeled the tunnel, so I did.

I didn't want to get in trouble for using someone else's tunnel object, so I made my own.  Let me know if you see it elsewhere.   ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

shermank

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2021, 08:00:58 AM »
Again, thanks for your help and information. PAKT is much improved, especially with the tunnel removed at the end of the Runway.
 However, the floating houses are still there and I am certain the problem is with TFX, not the remaining RTMM structures.
When I see tunnels elsewhere, I will report them here.

One more quick comment. The addition of the RTTM scenery adds noticable time to loading P3D. I suppose this is normal because of all the data,
but, can you confirm that?
And, I am taking the TFX problem over to the ORBX forums, where I hope that Holger Sandmann may read my post and offer is advice.
This is a great hobby, made even better by all the good will between people who are otherwise strangers.
Again, thank you!
Sherm

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2021, 08:42:34 AM »
The objects are only "floating" because the payware PAKT airport those objects were made for has higher elevations there.  You must remove those scenery pieces, or replace them with the ones designed for the default PAKT.  Or buy the Orbx PAKT.  It is worth the upgrade, in my opinion.

shermank

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2021, 09:12:52 AM »
Thanks, Jeff....I will consider PAKT at the next ORBX sale. Meantime, I have been exploring some of the more obscure areas within RTMM. Minutes ago, I landed my Cessna 185 from Carenado at CBM5. Now, I am about to take a look at BNF.

I cannot tell you how impressed and grateful I am for everything you and the RTMM team has done.

Sherm