Author Topic: Carbon Cub  (Read 2395 times)

Yoda

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Carbon Cub
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2021, 11:43:51 AM »
On the other hand, I've never had an airplane force me to use its autopilot.  ;D

I hand fly the XCub with rare exceptions, but I like the glass avionics and GPS because it can give me information that either isn't available or takes time to derive in an aircraft with analog gauges -- wind info, for example, which is handy when I'm landing off-airport or at a back country strip without a windsock.

I don't have to use the GPS map, and my flight planning ALWAYS has me keeping that as a backup. I use Skyvector sectional charts where I can, and navigate by pilotage first. IFR, of course, stands for "I Follow Rivers." Anyone can use a GPS...I want to keep my navigation skills sharp.

I *love* the XCub's power, especially with the Carbonprop 215HP upgrade. It gives me all the benefits of a Cub with Cessna 172 speeds and fuel consumption, plus 1,000+ fpm climb and 900 pounds useful load.

I, for one, hope that Working Title keeps improving the fidelity of the G3X.

These are all my preferences, of course...I'm not being critical of anyone else's preferences. To each his own!
Best Regards,
Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch
Pinner, UK

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2021, 02:01:51 PM »
No glass for me!

Rod

xxd09

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2021, 11:06:32 AM »
BushDivers.com got a livery at Flightsimto with paint work on those Carbon X floats
xxd09