Author Topic: Aircraft not depicted on Plan-G Map  (Read 1289 times)

williamb

Aircraft not depicted on Plan-G Map
« on: May 08, 2021, 01:45:23 PM »
I have been flying with Misty Flying Club for nearly two years now and enjoy it very much.  For the first time this morning I experienced a problem with Plan-G.  The flight setup was normal: Cigars connected and got the flight schedule, FSX loaded the flight plan and connected with cigars, Plan-G connected with FSX and showed the flight plan route on the Map.  The problem was that the aircraft was not shown on the Plan-G map at the starting point of the flight plan.  I completed the flight "VFR" with the Plan-G map and the internal FSX map.  The aircraft was never shown on the Plan-G map.   Any thoughts on how this problem might be fixed would be appreciated.

Thanks

WilliamB

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Aircraft not depicted on Plan-G Map
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 04:01:17 PM »
You might have better luck in the FSX forum.

A guess would be to try the usual things like removing the program and restarting the OS..Then make sure you cache is clear and download the latest addition and reinstall.  All upgrades to OS installed.

You might also try LittleNavMap....that's the program Norm and I use for MFC tours....although we don't ever use it for flight.....but that's another discussion. (We both fly only by VFR pilotage)  Any additional information would be helpful.

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 05:01:43 PM »
As I recall one of the pf keys.. show or hide the aircraft.. I think it is either pf5 or pf6..  if not, pop over to the plan g forum and take a peek ..
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

williamb

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 06:31:11 PM »
Thanks, Henry

I considered deleting Plan-G and reinstalling but thought I would wait to see if it could be fixed with something else.  If all else fails I will proceed it that direction.

WilliamB

williamb

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 07:17:11 PM »
Thanks, Norm

It appears that shift pf5 and pf6 remove or add the traffic display including the yellow FSX flight plan aircraft on the Plan-G map.   I asked the same question on the Plan-G Forum this morning and no one responded.  I guess that's not surprising with an app that has a 128 page manual.

WilliamB