Author Topic: Unhappy Teddy  (Read 7926 times)

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
Unhappy Teddy
« on: May 12, 2011, 04:23:17 AM »
...which I most definitely am.

The move and the unpacking were a kind of "last straw". The wrist is definitely no longer going to heal and the fusing is not my idea of maintaining functionality. I am going to be wearing a wrist brace for a month or two anyway so that I can relieve whatever pain  I can.

Then to cap it all I crouched down to fit new number plate to my BMW scooter and both knees made a loud "pop" and strange bulges appeared there. More doctors visits needed! I am a wreck!

I am having to cut down all "creative" work for a while and even then it is an effort to keep up my beta testing commitments - but at least I can "fly" still. For an hour or so at a time.

So I hate to say this, but you probably won't be seeing all to much of me during the next few months. I'll drop by from time to time, but otherwise...
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
Re: Unhappy Teddy
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 09:43:31 AM »
Sorry to hear this Chris.  Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for quick healing.
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 10:08:17 AM »
Chris ... don't worry about the creativity ... heaven knows how prolific you've been ... a solid contribution that will easily carry over a few months of healing!   Please just stay close to the forum and say "hi" so we know how you are doing.

Hang in there ...

Doug

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 11:36:34 AM »
Just wanted to say "ditto" to what all the other have posted Chris.  Try to keep up informed as to how you're doing etc.  I think the saying "gettin' old ain't fer sissies" makes a lot of sense, at least for this GOF!
 8)
Later,

Spud

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 03:11:00 PM »
Chris...all my best wishes are with you!
Take all the time needed.....we all here miss you.! 8)

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 05:19:03 PM »
Hope you feel better soon Chris. I'm missing your messages here in the forums.

Brad

knswee

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 04:56:11 PM »
Best wishes to you for a speedy recovery.

Francois

• FS Veteran
    • former FSAddon Publishing
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 05:37:09 AM »
'Old age' isn't becoming to us, is it!? :-( Sorry to hear of your extended troubles CB, I know how it feels.
Get well as much as you can and take of yourself first and foremost. 'Heaven can wait', as they say in the Nespresso commercial  ;)
Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

... and the man's blog

Leorstef

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 12:17:07 AM »
I hear you all.

For example, I used to be able to twist in a wood screw by hand with a screwdriver not too long ago.
Today I was installing a grab bar for my father on a wall in his house near a set of stairs he uses. 
He fell not too long ago and broke his hip, and is finally up a getting back around.
Anyway, it was too tight a fit for a cordless screwdriver in next to the bar, so I thought I would do it by hand, like the 'old days'.

I thought my wrist was going to self-combust after just a few twists of the screwdriver.  :o

Thankfully I have a socket set with an extender and a Phillips bit to finish the job.

Hope and pray for you Chris to recover soon  :P

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 01:13:09 PM »
(Looks out to avoid falling pianos)

I am trying a simple paint at the moment, but it's still a case of a couple of hours and that's it for the day...

...and then to crown it all - I was squatting beside my BMW motor moped snail thing to replace the number plates and there was this strange "double pop" feeling in the knees. Yep - both joints together. :(

...and my doc gave me a clean bill of health a couple of months ago after the annual poke and prod. May as far as vital functions go. As for the mechanics, well - I guess it's life's revenge on me for 17 years Army with all the associated running about in the woods carrying logs and other silly things. And maybe several years at national level Epee and running marathons in 3:20 and all the rest of those lively young man years...

Ah well, things could be worse - I could be out of work.

Oh. I am. I forgot. Alzheimer...
All the best,

Francois

• FS Veteran
    • former FSAddon Publishing
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2011, 10:22:57 AM »
So why don't you go back to your Greek island and just sit and bake in the sun on your terrace and watch the blue Med ? Seems like a better place to be out of work than northern Germany to me !  ;D
Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

... and the man's blog

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 12:56:57 AM »
Definitely on the cards - except that while I am waiting for the various claims to go through the instances I also have to remain on the German med insurance system to qualify for cover. And to do that I also have to remain in country.

Catch 22. Greece and no money or...
All the best,

Gypsy Pilot

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 12:12:52 PM »
Being 74 has it's own Joys.

First you learn that everything about getting old is true  It ain't for wimps.

The Joy Of Sex has been replaced by the Joy Of Old Age.
The Joy Of COPD and Heart Problems has replaced the Joy Of Flying
Can't work anymore because I just don't have the strength.
Pain forced me to put down my paint brushes around 6 years ago.
Around 5 years ago while making love to the wife I realized that this is more work than fun.
( A sure sigh that you are old. )

So Teddy, you hand in there.  Just because that #*&%$# Flight Surgeon won't sign off on you anymore you still have the Joy Of Flight Simulator.

Don't shoot me yet because I have FSX and I ain't ready to go.

~~ Dale ~~

Dale "Gypsy Pilot" Evans

Fly like a Float Plane Pilot
Disconnect those brakes