Author Topic: MP Server temporarily 'gone'!!!!  (Read 3885 times)

Francois

• FS Veteran
    • former FSAddon Publishing
MP Server temporarily 'gone'!!!!
« on: May 12, 2011, 02:42:40 AM »
Dear all,

after the server went off-line again a few days ago, like it has done every month for the past 5 months or so, the server host told me the OS (32-bit Win Server 2003) had become corrupted. Don't ask me how, ask Bill Gates.

Anyway, we decided to install a brand NEW server, running 64-bit Windows Server 2008. They are setting things up for me now.

It costs more (of course), but most of all, we (that means Darryl to a great extent) need to re-install the LOT ! I know Darryl has a full time job again, so he will not have much time. And my dear wife is coming home from 3 weeks in the Caribbean (and with Dengue Fever) so my spare time will be extremely limited too for the next week or so.

Apologies for this, but it is a little beyond my powers..... I will keep you posted about the server's status here.

Thanks for listening,
Francois
Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

... and the man's blog

jstanbro

Re: MP Server temporarily 'gone'!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 10:09:53 AM »
Thanks for the update - now I know why I can't connect!
Jerry
"The hardest thing about flying is the ground." - Charles Kingford-Smith

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 10:10:20 AM »
Francois ... we could put up a sticky that went to a PayPal so folks could contribute for the new Multiplayer server ... any little bit would help.  You could set it up on your end, and I'd put the link on a sticky in the Multiplayer area of the forum ... happy to do it.

Doug

Francois

• FS Veteran
    • former FSAddon Publishing
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 10:30:03 AM »
All little bits help indeed, especially in these troubled times. That is a very kind offer, Doug.
I already have a 'donate button' on my MP server page over at FSAddon: http://fsaddon.eu/wpfsaddon/?page_id=14

You think we can use that, or do you want me to make a special one?
Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

... and the man's blog

Lazyeight

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 09:47:36 AM »
Let me know if we can help with server. See pm I sent you.

Lazyeight