Author Topic: SimMarket - careful what you buy  (Read 4349 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
SimMarket - careful what you buy
« on: May 10, 2011, 04:17:17 PM »
Bought the new fishing trawler advertised at SimMarket. Wouldn't install. Started a trouble ticket, turns out you have to have the $40 VSTEP package to use it.  Asked for my money back ... got this:

=====================================
REQUIREMENTS VSTEP - SHIP SIMULATOR EXTREMES

therefore the following applies:

Dear [former] Customer,

we are afraid that our refunds policy is clear about purchases of our shareware and direct download products due to their Non-returnable form:

All sales are final - No Refunds will be given

Shareware and Download products are not returnable and non-refundable/exchangeable unless otherwise indicated.

This policy is clearly pointed out to you before making any purchase to us and we must strictly adhere to it to protect our authors and businness.  (This is a copy/paste, typo is theirs).

==============================

So much for the friendly folks at SimMarket.  So give anything you buy from these folks a double take. Personally, I "lost" the bookmark.  Tired of dealing with these kinds of people.  Anybody getting tired of better protection for authors and "businness" partners than "customers?"

D

Francois

• FS Veteran
    • former FSAddon Publishing
Re: SimMarket - careful what you buy
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 04:10:14 AM »
I am not, obviously  ;D

By the way, when you send an email to Miguel Blaufuks, the owner of simFlight and simMarket, you usually can get a refund, in spite of the harsh language on the site and in their (automated!) emails.
Obviously, having worked with him for 8 years, I know these things...... LOL !

miguel@simflight.com should do the trick.

But yes, in general I agree with your view on 'some' of the 'retailers' in our industry.
Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

... and the man's blog

Gypsy Pilot

Re: SimMarket - careful what you buy
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 12:18:25 PM »
But Doug, how else will we end up with a closet full of junk and a folder full of regrets.

~~ Dale ~~
Dale "Gypsy Pilot" Evans

Fly like a Float Plane Pilot
Disconnect those brakes