Author Topic: New Poll: Switching to MSFS or staying with current sim?  (Read 7015 times)

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
Re: New Poll: Switching to MSFS or staying with current sim?
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2021, 03:01:41 AM »
I will actually stay with P3DV5 for the foreseable future.
Reason I explained in an other post here in the forums......more besides P3dV5 I‘ll start enjoying Xplane 11.5.

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2021, 09:20:50 PM »
While I voted that I would add MSFS to P3D, I tried a duplicate flight in P3dv5 and MSFS, I can now say there is no comparison....I would now vote changing to MSFS....period.  And it just keeps getting better.

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2021, 10:32:25 AM »
I have been dabbling more in FS2020, but it continues to disappoint me. It gets really thrilling when things start to work, then BAM, another update ... took me 15 hours to download it, then once I had it, it has a huge bug in it not seeing the COMMON folder.  It just isn't "fun" yet. If you like to putter on something it is great, but it darned sure is not a reliable sim at this point. The graphics for geography are amazing, and that gets exciting, then they break it again. Anybody "new" coming at FS2020 that doesn't like to "fool around" with a new program should let this one cook a while longer, they picked it before it was ripe!

Example: Explanation for the latest bug:

Add-ons/Sceneries/Liveries installed in the Community folder may appear as "Not installed" in Content Manager.
Workaround: Your community content is installed and usable in Microsoft Flight Simulator. We are currently investigating this issue and it will be fixed in an upcoming patch
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 10:49:46 AM by Doug »

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2021, 12:06:26 PM »
Well took a bit to get it all done - the updates, then all of the added content etc but it works fine except for that latest bug. Their update overlooked feeding the Community folder contents to the content manager but everything that is in the Community Folder does work and loads as intended. (Just close your eyes- they'll fix the "not installed" in next update).   

(I went back to the other sim the other day and earlier today to check a couple of things.. Oh my. Terrible.
(I don't remember if I voted in this poll but makes no difference, in my feeble opinion but strong preference, MSFS blows the doors off any previous sim for graphics and performance. (even with the "ginormus" updates!!)

I think I'm going to start playing with building a few missions for MSFS, (which are just souped up flight plans with some presets!). Brad has built several in the Caribbean/Bahamas/area! 
I will be starting 3600 nm northwest in the vicinity of Anchorage Alaska!! Stay tuned.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 12:09:41 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2021, 11:36:30 AM »
Norm,

I highly recommend using Bush Trip Injector as it's my tool of choice for making the flight adventures I am working on. Let's coordinate trips in the PNW so we don't duplicate each others work. Right now I'm working in the sandwich islands so not going to alaska until more scenery is made up there. So it's all yours for now.

Brad

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2021, 12:58:43 PM »
We need a couple of things ... one is, what to call them.  I'm using MS001, etc for the Fs2020 dispatches, I could change that. D001 for regular dispatches.

Also, I don't know how the injector works, Brad, but could you take the "words" from one of my dispatches and use those for the injection? Let me know if you see a linkage between the dispatches and what you are doing. Look at MS001 on the Dispatches page as an example. I will have MS002 done by this evening.

The problem with 2020 is we don't have anything to "go see" except the airports. I played around with MS002 (not quite done yet), and just flew some airports and flew over some other features.

But if you guys could use the wording from the dispatches, then I'll already have some done for you, routes and words.

Another idea, we could always take people to certain lakes and drop them off for fishing/camping, wouldn't need a scenery location to do that and there are thousands of lakes.

Doug
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 01:41:08 PM by Doug »

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2021, 01:44:17 PM »
Norm,

I highly recommend using Bush Trip Injector as it's my tool of choice for making the flight adventures I am working on. Let's coordinate trips in the PNW so we don't duplicate each others work. Right now I'm working in the sandwich islands so not going to alaska until more scenery is made up there. So it's all yours for now.

Brad

Thanks Brad.. I give it a look. Will be starting way up in Whittier/Anchorage and Kenai area then working southward via Valdez then across to Whitehorse for now.. (I just finished building this as a new tour at MFC (MFS0002 primarily for MSFS (but also works in FSX/P3D) (and will play trying to translate these into Bush Missions for MSFS. 

Thanks for the info.

Norm

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2021, 01:55:03 PM »
Navigating through the terrain makes the trip or event! For me it's all about the route - and in MSFS the scenics sure are special!.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2021, 03:55:11 PM »
This thread has gotten off topic.  Please start a new thread for your discussion.  Thank you.   ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

lionwing

• Live and let live...
    • Airwego VA
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2021, 07:50:59 AM »
I will be keeping my current P3D setup for a while longer yet but once there is wider support for MSFS for the "addons" I use I will be reclaiming the gigabytes used by P3D.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2021, 07:12:05 PM »
Well, I decided to throw my money at MSFS2020 after all.  Doug twisted my arm.  :P  Still keeping P3d though.  Votes can't be changed.  Oh well, I don't know how "accurate" the poll was anyway.   :-\

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2021, 09:38:49 PM »
Welcome to a whole new world Jeff!! I hope you enjoy the new sim. For me, there was no going back once I got my feet wet. The VFR world just blew me away.

Yes there are lots of bugs but it's a work in progress and over time, it's going to get better.

Hope you like it.

Brad

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2021, 08:18:02 AM »
Already made the switch. MSFS is the real deal and I'm never looking back.

Brad

Ditto

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2021, 09:44:08 AM »
Already made the switch. MSFS is the real deal and I'm never looking back.

Brad

Ditto

Ditto.... switched to MSFS a year or so ago. I have found it a much better sim than any previous.

Norm

shermank

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2021, 08:50:46 AM »
staying with P3D v5.2 HF 1.
Workd perfectly.

Sherm