Author Topic: Uable to Download RTMM Master Packs  (Read 3480 times)

TooMuchFS

Uable to Download RTMM Master Packs
« on: February 24, 2021, 01:52:41 AM »
Hi All,

After an absence I thought I would get back to RTMM in P3Dv4 on a new rig. All was going well until I tried to download either of the RTM Master packs (I'm not fussed if it is the regular or XML version). I either get a stalled blank download page, or it tells me to come back in 24 hours!

Is anyone able to please provide a link to a dropbox or similar so I can continue with the installation?
Please reply here or PM.

Many thanks and it's great to see Misty still rocking after all these years!

Peter
Please repost if I've out it on the wrong forum. :)

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Uable to Download RTMM Master Packs
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 07:58:31 AM »
Well Peter, the downloads are on my google drive and I just re-tested the links and downloads (RTMM Master, RTMM Add-ons for P3Dv4, RTMM Add-on for P3Dv5 as well as the Tongass download file).  All links and file downloads are working as intended so not sure what you experienced issue unless google servers were a tad too busy? 

The files are fairly large but not sure what was preventing your downloads. Might want to check your virus scanner or browser just to make sure the files weren't being blocked for some reason. In any event, on this side of the world the downloads and google drive site are working without issue.

Give it another shot today to test but no worries, in the mean time have just uploaded the
RTMM Add-on for P3Dv4.zip file to a different shared drive (one-drive) for you.

LINK: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap8x9gXrO-rJg6Ea7y3G71wxIEyAEQ?e=Zp6SFY

Hopefully this will download will work for you Peter.

Please let me know when you have downloaded the file so I can remove it from that (one-drive).
(file is almost 2.7 gb).

Norm
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 08:04:02 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

TooMuchFS

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 11:50:19 PM »
Thanks for your patience Norm.

Sorry for delay in replying as I have two ISP's scratching their heads over this! The same problem seems to occur anywhere in my area,
no matter who the ISP, so it is likely a problem with gateway between me and a major hub.
I have had my son (who lives 300km away) download it OK. But I still cannot get it from his US based sever without constanstly failing.

Sssoo, please leave it there for a couple of more days while we try to sort this out. It is obviously a localised issue, so I appreciate your putting this link up
so I can try and sort it.

I'll get back in the next 24-48 hours.

Peter

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2021, 07:27:25 AM »
Yep ok Peter will leave on both locations. On google drive and my onedrive. You have something blocking downloads. Either your host provider is blocking us or your antivirus as turned into a "control freak" or a browser app that is blocking. Once figured out you should have a problem downloading from either site.

TooMuchFS

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2021, 10:35:53 PM »
OK - all good now and dowloaded. :)

I had to travel to a another town to get it to download easily in a single attempt.
The ISP techs have elevated the issue in my area as others are having similar problems and it seems related to a mobile broadband
tower latency issue (or somthing like that) when communicating with certain US based servers. It doesn't occur with my UK downloads or major US companies.
Very wierd.

Thank you SO MUCH for your help.

Peter

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2021, 07:28:43 AM »
No problem Peter, anytime sir.