Author Topic: Revision of the Entire Site - by Doug  (Read 3049 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Revision of the Entire Site - by Doug
« on: March 15, 2021, 06:44:43 PM »
I am in the process of revising and revamping the entire RTMM site. There is one major (temporary) glitch at the moment ... the top menu is inactive and you will get "404" errors if you use it.  At the top of the "old" scenery page, I've put what will become the new "top menu" and this does work fine.

You may want to bookmark the NEW home page as it is nearly completed and working fine. Again, watch for any errors on these complete sections, fixing them is important. You can find the new home page at:

https://return.mistymoorings.com/_a_home/

Any link with a green asterisk after it means that link is completed. * When finished, and when the new page goes active, this url will change to the old "RTMM HOME PAGE" url.

The purpose of all this work is to:

1. Streamline the Home page so you can find things more easily

2. Streamline the files inside the server, getting rid of many misc topics and folders no longer necessary.

3. Make RTMM easier for new people to get started. Norm's work consolidating the Libraries and the RTMM scenery is the key to making all this happen.

No doubt we will be tweaking the site for some time to come. So if you come to an error of any kind, please let me know so I can put it on the "to fix" list.  You can keep up with what I am doing daily by going to the maintenance page:

https://return.mistymoorings.com/_f5_maintenance/index.php

Thank you for your patience while we transition.

Doug
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 06:49:46 PM by Doug »

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Revision of the Entire Site - by Doug
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 08:40:03 AM »
Thanks Doug,

I'm being honest but I miss the old format you had. I could easily find the forums. Now I can't. It's just accessible by using one word. "Here".

Change always comes in time but for now, I'm finding this more cumbersome.

Just my 2 cents.

Doug

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 09:44:09 AM »
Brad ... good idea. Now look at the home page, there is a button under the left side of each category that takes you where you want to go. The Activities button was a little tricky, there is no "navigation page" ... it is all "parts". So I put a little table on the top of the MISSIONS page and that takes you to the rest of the items in ACTIVITIES.  Good suggestion.

Doug
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 10:53:45 AM by Doug »

Doug

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 11:40:58 AM »
NOTAM: the index at the top of the page on the FORUMs page is not active, I'll have to fix that. For now, use the HOME button to get back to the home page and the site map.

Doug

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2021, 07:28:54 PM »
Yes Sir!! That's what I'm talking about. Nicely done.

Now I can click and go!

Thanks

Brad

Dan

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2021, 07:42:30 PM »
I have updated the navigation at the top of the forum to correspond to Doug's new layout of the main site.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2021, 08:09:04 PM »
Thanks, Dan!  It works great!

Rod