Author Topic: hanging objects  (Read 3812 times)

Lipra

hanging objects
« on: February 01, 2021, 07:37:35 AM »
 Thanks to  Norman who helped me on Sunday to highlight a section I had missed whilst trying to install to fsxse. I first deleted my fsx install which was years old and no longer reliable. It was in the final testing section I noticed I had hanging objects at pakt (fed ex) and pasi. Norman pointed me to a section about adding entries to the terrain folder which I did but still the same problem. Have I missed something obvious   

it may be that I will have to start again.

Thanks again Norman

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: hanging objects
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 08:37:31 AM »
It's really hard to see what you are referring to in your screenshot. I'm wondering if you are using the Payware PAKT or the stock version? There are different versions for the FedEx Terminals scenery, if I recall, for both of them.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 04:24:14 PM »
Your right on Steve.

No problem Martin. but have to drive down to the pieces you have installed? It looks like you have the stock/default PAKT in your pic.

As Steve said has two versions for PAKT  One of the FED Ex Terminals is at PAKT but there are two files - one version for PAKT stock and one PAKT file for use with the Orbx PAKT Airport.

Now I am aware that you are using FSX-SE now. What add-on scenery pieces are active in your system that cover the PAKT area?

Tongass X
Orbx PFJ?
Orbx PAKT Airport?

Which RTMM pieces are set up?  but now depends which package(s) you have installed and if so are they the single add-on scenery files or the master package?

(Note: the RTMM scenery full package are set up to use with ORBX PAKT Airport) so if you don't have the ORBX PAKT, then your elevations will be off a bit for some of the buildings.

Norm

« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 04:30:14 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Lipra

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 11:01:09 AM »
It's really hard to see what you are referring to in your screenshot. I'm wondering if you are using the Payware PAKT or the stock version? There are different versions for the FedEx Terminals scenery, if I recall, for both of them.

Im using stock version the aircraft on the right should be on the ground and the install is from the all in one package

Lipra

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 11:02:35 AM »
Your right on Steve.

No problem Martin. but have to drive down to the pieces you have installed? It looks like you have the stock/default PAKT in your pic.

As Steve said has two versions for PAKT  One of the FED Ex Terminals is at PAKT but there are two files - one version for PAKT stock and one PAKT file for use with the Orbx PAKT Airport.

Now I am aware that you are using FSX-SE now. What add-on scenery pieces are active in your system that cover the PAKT area?

Tongass X
Orbx PFJ?
Orbx PAKT Airport?

Which RTMM pieces are set up?  but now depends which package(s) you have installed and if so are they the single add-on scenery files or the master package?

(Note: the RTMM scenery full package are set up to use with ORBX PAKT Airport) so if you don't have the ORBX PAKT, then your elevations will be off a bit for some of the buildings.

Norm

Both orbx pfj and tongass x are installed I have no orbx airports. I have checked the fed x folder and I have whe payware version of the file looking in the master file this is as it comes. I have now deleted the fed x folder and downloaded the one from the scenery library. deleted the payware and left in the stock. I still have hanging objects and will continue to investigate.
Thanks Norm and ualani we are on to it I think
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 11:49:19 AM by Lipra »

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2021, 12:48:10 PM »
Please do us a favor and take a few closer up screenshots from different angles so that we can see just what you are experiencing. It's also always helpful to include coordinates with your screenshots.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2021, 01:11:23 PM »
If you have no payware airport at PAKT.. then there could be 5 issues/variations:

(Default/PFJ PAKT vs ORBX PAKT Airport):

C.I.R.P. PAKT Office Default (for stock PAKT)
C.I.R.P. PAKT Office - Payware- (Refresh V2.0-06.01.2019)

--------------------

FedEx Terminals - SINGLE DOWNLOAD
(NOTAM: PAKT PAYWARE Update: If you have the PAKT PAYWARE, then you will want to update your folder based on this NEW zip as of 05.14.2019.)

--------------------

PAKT Tunnel(For PAKT=SP1 ONLY) (Added 05.04.2020)
by Jeff Greene

... WP: PAKT Runway 29

There is an actual tunnel at PAKT going under the Start of the 29 Runway. Jeff Greene has depicted this actual structure. This is for PAYWARE PAKT only, it will not work with the default ORBX PAKT.

--------------------

Ketchikan Harbor (Refreshed V1.0-06.01.2019)
Scenery Created by Rod Jackson
Storyline by Rod Jackson

NOTAM: PayWare PAKT is necessary for this location

--------------------

Also Not far away is Herring Bay Cannery and SPB (Refreshed V2.1-06.15.2019)
 zip <--== NON-PAYWARE PAKT V.1=== PAYWARE PAKT V.2 ==--> zip

--------------------

So those are the all variations with or without ORBX PAKT Airport.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 01:14:50 PM by nbrich1 »

Lipra

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2021, 03:19:40 PM »
Please do us a favor and take a few closer up screenshots from different angles so that we can see just what you are experiencing. It's also always helpful to include coordinates with your screenshots.
Will try

Lipra

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2021, 03:21:07 PM »
If you have no payware airport at PAKT.. then there could be 5 issues/variations:

(Default/PFJ PAKT vs ORBX PAKT Airport):

C.I.R.P. PAKT Office Default (for stock PAKT)
C.I.R.P. PAKT Office - Payware- (Refresh V2.0-06.01.2019)

--------------------

FedEx Terminals - SINGLE DOWNLOAD
(NOTAM: PAKT PAYWARE Update: If you have the PAKT PAYWARE, then you will want to update your folder based on this NEW zip as of 05.14.2019.)

--------------------

PAKT Tunnel(For PAKT=SP1 ONLY) (Added 05.04.2020)
by Jeff Greene

... WP: PAKT Runway 29

There is an actual tunnel at PAKT going under the Start of the 29 Runway. Jeff Greene has depicted this actual structure. This is for PAYWARE PAKT only, it will not work with the default ORBX PAKT.

--------------------

Ketchikan Harbor (Refreshed V1.0-06.01.2019)
Scenery Created by Rod Jackson
Storyline by Rod Jackson

NOTAM: PayWare PAKT is necessary for this location

--------------------

Also Not far away is Herring Bay Cannery and SPB (Refreshed V2.1-06.15.2019)
 zip <--== NON-PAYWARE PAKT V.1=== PAYWARE PAKT V.2 ==--> zip

--------------------

So those are the all variations with or without ORBX PAKT Airport.
will check these out tomorrow I hope> i spotted the ferry and tunnel  and am aboyt to see if anything improves

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2021, 04:24:59 PM »
PS: Make sure you have the Orbx insertion points correct. RTMM libs is the top insertion point in Orbx Central and "Tongass lower" has to be set as the bottom insertion point) for all the scenery blocks to correctly layer.

Lipra

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2021, 09:45:42 AM »
Hi Norman and Ualani

I have now got it working correctly. The problem was with 5 variations . The master scenery package contains the files for a pakt pay ware package. It is not entirely obvious and in one has both the none and payware files. To see what I was getting just disable pakt payware. you need to correct / delete all files.

Regards

Martin

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2021, 03:12:13 PM »
That's one of the flaws of the master scenery file because, as in your case, it assumes that everyone has the same supporting 3rd party scenery. There's many different possibilities and combinations.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Lipra

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2021, 05:20:33 AM »
That's one of the flaws of the master scenery file because, as in your case, it assumes that everyone has the same supporting 3rd party scenery. There's many different possibilities and combinations.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 05:26:49 AM by Lipra »

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2021, 10:30:54 AM »
The complete packages were intentionally built that way, all of it compiled and pre-assembled. Almost all of it as fully configured packages which maintains the packages integrity using three more higher scenery quality prerequisites which are airports: ORBX PAHO Homer,  ORBX PAKT Ketchikan and ORBX PAVD Valdez Pioneer (Affects eight RTMM pieces that have variations for either default or ORBX airports).   

For the prime area flyers of Alaska most would have or want these three additional prerequisite Orbx airport scenery pieces. The way the packages are compiled eliminates the end user from any need to play with variations of scenery pieces or folder names etc. The integrity of the complete RTMM packages, are just that, every single piece has been pre-assembled and configured for ease of use and direct integration into the sims as well as increased speed to install as was intended from the onset of creating the packages..

The complete packages, (for FSX/FSXSE/P3D1,2,3 v4 or v5), limits any need for intervention to any of the folders or to any of the contents in the folders. But the complete packages do have those three extra Orbx airport scenery prerequisites - all of which are all listed in the package's user guide on page 5.

But all to say, agree that it is not good enough to have all of the prerequisites listed only inside the packages. We should also have these prerequisites listed on the scenery page just above the RTMM Complete Setup Package section which is at the bottom of the main scenery page so all is clearly known before any of the complete packages are downloaded. (Will send a note to Dan to add/revise those prerequisites on that page/section).

Norm
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 02:42:31 PM by nbrich1 »