Author Topic: Need help installing RTMM Master Scenery Package  (Read 2415 times)

PeteC267

Need help installing RTMM Master Scenery Package
« on: February 02, 2021, 03:36:32 PM »
I'm new to RTMM and have just downloaded the Master Scenery Package V1.0 for FSX-SE, but have come across a bit of a problem.

Someone has spent quiet a lot of time compiling a really great "Idiots Guide" for installing the software, but I've come to the bit in Paragraph 2E that says:

Find what: paste this text >> Local=x\path to Addon Scenery
Replace with : The path to the sims Addon Scenery folder

The problem is that it doesn't find "Local=x\path to Addon Scenery"

Looking through the replacement .cfg file, the nearest I can find is:
Local=x\path to Addon Scenery\ (followed by what i guess is the library file, each of which is different)

For example "Local=x:\path to Addon Scenery   \RTMM\02-RTMM Medical-APP Library"

Does this mean that instead of replacing all in one go, I should scroll through and replace each instance of "Local=x\Path to Addon Scenery" individually and manually ?

Any advice appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 03:39:16 PM by PeteC267 »
It's much better to break ground and fly into the wind, than to break wind and fly into the ground.

jstanbro

Re: Need help installing RTMM Master Scenery Package
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 03:50:14 PM »
Hi!
I was in your shoes not long ago so it is relatively fresh in my addled mind.  You can do a global find and replace in the file. Replace each "Local = x:path to addon scenery" with the correct path to YOUR Addon Scenery file (mine was "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Addon Scenery") but yours might be different.  You can replace them all at once.

Hope this helps,
Jerry
"The hardest thing about flying is the ground." - Charles Kingford-Smith

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 04:14:22 PM »
Right on Jerry.

Ok Pete: "Local=x\path to Addon Scenery   \"  represents a generic drive and folder that you have your main scenery folder.. and all the rtmm names and folders stay as set up.  You have to modify it to be your drive and folder.

So IE:  If your addon scenery folder was on your D:drive  in folder "Addon scenery"
then the correct path(location) for your addon scenery would be  D:\Addon scenery   \ 
so we update or replace the  " x\path to Addon Scenery   \ " to read D:\Addon scenery\
and that corrects the first part of the scenery path which matches up with the rest of the rtmm references that I have set up. Those RTMM entries all stay as is (which matches the folder structure of the all of the RTMM libs and addon scenery folders. Just need your drive letter and main folder for your addon scenery. 

IE: Let me try to explain. You have in the package a sample cfg file and the 1st entry reads:

[Area.449]
Title=RTMM-01-RTMM Object Libraries 1-2-3-4 <-----(ORBX Top Insertion Point)-----<
Local=x:\path to Addon Scenery   \RTMM\01-RTMM Object Libraries 1-2-3-4
Layer=449
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

You replace the  "  Local=x:\path to Addon Scenery   \" with  Local=D:\Addon Scenery\ and the rest stays as is:  (So leave the RTMM\01-RTMM Object Libraries 1-2-3-4) alone.

when it all comes together you get:
Local=D:\Addon Scenery\RTMM\01-RTMM Object Libraries 1-2-3-4

so that complete entry would read:

[Area.449]
Title=RTMM-01-RTMM Object Libraries 1-2-3-4 <-----(ORBX Top Insertion Point)-----<
Local=D:\Addon Scenery\RTMM\01-RTMM Object Libraries 1-2-3-4
Layer=449
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.450]
Title=RTMM-02-RTMM Medical-APP Library
Local=D:\Addon Scenery\RTMM\02-RTMM Medical-APP Library
Layer=450
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.451]
Title=RTMM-03-RTMM BWEP Library
Local=D:\Addon Scenery\RTMM\03-RTMM BWEP Library
Layer=451
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.452]
Title=RTMM-04-RTMM Scenery Object Tester
Local=D:\Addon Scenery\RTMM\04-RTMM Scenery Object Tester
Layer=452
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

... ... ... ...

[Area.693]
Title=RTMM-Yukon Crossing
Local=D:\Addon Scenery\RTMM\05-RTMM Addon Scenery\Yukon Crossing
Layer=693
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

Now you don't have to do all the entries by hand.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First backup your scenery.cfg file. (Make a copy). And leave it for now...

The open file RTMM Scenery.cfg (Sim Lib entries) Template.txt in the RTMM master package  with notepad.

Go to the Edit tab > Replace  >

In the top box put  Local=x:\path to Addon Scenery    \
in the bottom box put Local=D:\Addon Scenery

and click  replace all.   There you have replaced all of the generic path (all 261 entries) with your path in the sample  RTMM Scenery.cfg (Sim Lib entries) Template.txt file..

Once done, copy the contents of the RTMM Scenery.cfg (Sim Lib entries) Template.txt file to the bottom of your scenery.cfg file.

Hopefully clear as mud?  If so then you can again refer to the Readme Quick Setup.txt file.

Now if not and you can just send me your scenery.cfg file and drive and folder name that you have your addon scenery and can do it for you then i'll send it back to you.. (my email, norm_richards@hotmail.com)

Now if still a bit confusing we can even go on teamviewer and can set it all up remotely for you.  RTMM, Tongass and Orbx central.  We have a MFC/RTMM Discord chat/voice channels or also have a RTMM/MFC TS3 Teamspeak voice server that we can use for comms.   I k now your are in the UK (I am -5.00 EST) so 5 hrs difference but if you want to get together we should be able to work it out.

Discord comms server - https://discord.gg/XvWDbbr   (Voice and Text)

Teamspeak server - address ts3.digitalthemepark.com  (Voice and Text)
>> Flight Division/Aviation Groups & Clubs/WFT- We Fly Together/MFC Misty Flying Club-RTMM

Norm

« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 04:57:35 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

PeteC267

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 04:34:55 PM »
Thanks for both replies... and so quickly  :)

Norm, I think I understand the basics of how to do this (and the "Idiots Guide" REALLY helpful), but the problem is that when I paste (or type) "Local=x\path to Addon Scenery\" into the "find" box and the path to the Addon Scenery in FSX-SE in the "Replace with" and press "Replace All", I get a message saying "Cannot find "Local=x\path to Addon Scenery"

I'm sure I'm doing it exactly as instructed in the guide.

I may take you up on  your offer of sending you the .cfg file, but would like to do it myself if you can see where I'm going wrong, before I do.
It's much better to break ground and fly into the wind, than to break wind and fly into the ground.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 05:02:00 PM »
Thanks for both replies... and so quickly  :)

Norm, I think I understand the basics of how to do this (and the "Idiots Guide" REALLY helpful), but the problem is that when I paste (or type) "Local=x\path to Addon Scenery\" into the "find" box and the path to the Addon Scenery in FSX-SE in the "Replace with" and press "Replace All", I get a message saying "Cannot find "Local=x\path to Addon Scenery"

I'm sure I'm doing it exactly as instructed in the guide.

I may take you up on  your offer of sending you the .cfg file, but would like to do it myself if you can see where I'm going wrong, before I do.

Ok try this.... (sorry, I got ahead of myself by one step above (which I have corrected):

... ... ...

Now you don't have to do all the entries by hand.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First backup of your own scenery.cfg file. (Make a copy). And just leave it for now...

The open file RTMM Scenery.cfg (Sim Lib entries) Template.txt in the RTMM master package  with notepad.

Go to the Edit tab > Replace  >

In the top box put  Local=x:\path to Addon Scenery    \
in the bottom box put Local=D:\Addon Scenery

and click replace all.  You will have replaced all of the generic path (all 261 entries) with your path and addon scenery folder name in the sample RTMM Scenery.cfg (Sim Lib entries) Template.txt file.

Once done, copy the entire contents of that RTMM Scenery.cfg (Sim Lib entries) Template.txt file to the bottom of your own scenery.cfg file.  (the drive and your folder name\ must be exact or you will get "scenery not found errors when you boot up the sim).

Once all is correct, the sim will boot up and file all of the scenery entries without issue. 

(Then you can set up the Orbx Central insertion points) .

PeteC267

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2021, 05:03:14 PM »
Norm,

I've swallowed my pride and sent you the .cfg file.  Thanks

PeteC267

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2021, 05:14:31 PM »
I'm finding the same problem whether I do it in your .cfg or the FSX modified one.  I forgot to send you my path to Addon Scenery, so have just done so.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2021, 05:23:00 PM »
lol No problem Pete. Coming back to you.

PeteC267

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2021, 06:40:59 PM »
Wow !! All done and seems to be fine.  Thanks for the help guys, and thanks for the "Idiots Guide" as well, I would have been asking a lot more questions without it.

Just one final thing.  I'll be deleting the downloaded .zip and files now that their installed, and as I understand it, the eswitcher can be used to switch the season you want to fly in for any particular flight so is needed for the future. 

For easy access, I've copied it to the main FSX folder and put a shortcut on the desktop.  Is that a problem ?

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2021, 09:04:51 PM »
Nope not a problem... quick shortcuts save much time and glad the scenery,cfg worked out.

Just remember to set those orbx central insertion points so that the scenery blocks will correctly layer.

Nice work Pete.

Norm