Author Topic: Hawaii Kapalua Airport PHJH or JHM  (Read 2972 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Hawaii Kapalua Airport PHJH or JHM
« on: January 16, 2021, 06:00:38 PM »
Can anybody tell me where these 3 objects come from so I can delete them?  I have P3D V5 and the Freeware ORBX airports are turned off, searching the files I cannot find anything with PHJR or JHM.  Any ideas?

Doug

Dieter

Re: Hawaii Kapalua Airport PHJH or JHM
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 06:10:21 AM »
Doug,

aren't these buildings P3D standard objects?

Normally they can be "deleted" by using ADE and putting small exclude areas.

BTW, I use the George Keogh airports - in this case I don't have these mentioned buildings.
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 08:05:32 AM »
Thank you, that helps. What I cannot find is the original base file for this airport so then I could go after it in ADE. I bet the Hawaiian Airports does an exclude. If you turn off the Hawaiian Airports, do these then show? If this is what V5 did to lots of Airports, no wonder the FTX Freeware folks gave up.

Update: I looked for it in the stock airports for ADE5 ... found it under Lahina. The three objects are part of the "base scenery". I deleted the objects and recompiled. I put the resulting compiled ADEX5 into the FTX Airports folder, turned on the FTX Airports and it looks GREAT!  So with the new jpg below, you can see what the FTX Freeware Lahina airport looks like corrected. Thank you Dieter!

Doug

Update 2 ... I fixed up HANA PHHN using the same technique, now using the FTX FREEWARE. Beautiful update.  (If anyone needs the ADEX5 files for these changes, let me know, I'll send them to you.) I'm basically deleting the objects put into the stock airport with V5, then using FTX Freeware.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 10:21:38 AM by Doug »

Dieter

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 11:45:04 AM »
Graet, you made it!
Well, sorry, forgot to mention that I still use P3D v4.5.
Nevertheless I wonder if the George Keogh Hawaii airports collection doesn't work in v5 - quite sure they should...
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals