Author Topic: CYSW-CYBW  (Read 1725 times)

jmsmth

CYSW-CYBW
« on: January 11, 2021, 04:36:42 PM »
I am showing two pireps for 01mt to cysw.  My last flight was cysw-cybw.  The tour list shows me completing the cysw-cybw and shows me at cybw.  I think what happened was the flight timed out at cysw and I forgot to clear flight data and refresh beforedownloading the cysw-cybw leg.  Consequently it logged 01mt-cysw again.  Can you fix that Norm or do I need to fly the last leg again?  Jim Smith MFC0010

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: CYSW-CYBW
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 06:47:08 AM »
I am showing two pireps for 01mt to cysw.  My last flight was cysw-cybw.  The tour list shows me completing the cysw-cybw and shows me at cybw.  I think what happened was the flight timed out at cysw and I forgot to clear flight data and refresh before downloading the cysw-cybw leg.  Consequently it logged 01mt-cysw again.  Can you fix that Norm or do I need to fly the last leg again?  Jim Smith MFC0010

Firstly, with the sluggish connection and time outs between the site and cigar box (which seems to be an ongoing needle in the haystack server issue, always best to close the box after each flight so when Cigar Box is restarted forces a new connection- which draws the latest information from the site. Ie: next leg info and dumps holding on to the previous leg info. 

I don't even leave cigar box on after a flight. As soon as I file the pirep in cigar box, I check the site for my pirep (only takes 2 secs to file). Once I see the pirep, I close cigar box. So no waiting for time out. Just close it.  (If you're going to fly the next leg, your already at the site to bid the next leg. Once bid done, open up cigar box, wait for full connection and GET Flight and it will draw the correct flight.

Now to your pireps:  I fixed up that 2nd pirep to read cysw-cybw and that seems to have updated the leg on Tour 49 status - so your next flight should now be Leg 5 - CYBW Springbank to CEJ4 Claresholm Industrial.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

jmsmth

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 09:28:27 AM »
Thank you Norm.  I will follow your advice and close out after each flight.  BTW I noticed you used a beaver on a tour awhile back.  Did you revert to v4.5 to fly it or do you have a beaver that will work in v5 and 5.1?

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 10:26:42 AM »
Thank you Norm.  I will follow your advice and close out after each flight.  BTW I noticed you used a beaver on a tour awhile back.  Did you revert to v4.5 to fly it or do you have a beaver that will work in v5 and 5.1?

An old beaver with custom panel so that it has working gauges.. The Milviz doesn't work in V5.. the old Aerosoft works after a tedious rebuilding of a custom panel to fix missing gauges.

(Panel Merge info at Simouthouse:

Instructions LINK: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/107087-Aerosoft-Beaver-P3DV4-Panel-Merge?highlight=DHC2

Panel LINK: https://simviation.com/1/download-file?file=Dehavilland+DHC2+Beaver+Repaints.zip&fil eId=53172

---------------------------------------------------------------------

A.F.Scrub (Simvation) has a Turbo beaver that works in V5: (Panel not so great but workable).

FSX/P3D DeHavilland DHC2 Turbo Beaver (Category: FSX > Props)
Zip file preview    (https://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=DHC2+beaver&x=0&y=0)
17.78Mb (1855 downloads)
FSX/P3Dv3,4,5 DeHavilland DHC2-MK3 Turbo Beaver. The DHC2 MkIII Turbine Beaver model replaced the piston engine of the standard Beaver with a 431 kW (578 ehp) Pratt & Whitney PT6A-6 or -20 turboprop engine. An extra section was added to the fuselage which allowed an extra fuel tank and two additional passengers.Native FSX/P3Dv3,v4,v5 mdl by A.F.Scrub.

(Also has an amphibian 172 and c208, T-41 etc that work on the simouthouse site.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=34

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

jmsmth

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 02:36:00 PM »
Thanks. I'll check them out.