Author Topic: Tongass Fjords and FsAddon  (Read 9889 times)

NM_Stan

Tongass Fjords and FsAddon
« on: January 03, 2021, 09:02:30 PM »
Hello All,  Sorry that the first post is a problem.  I simply cannot get a download site for the Tongass Fjords scenery.  Every attempt to use the given address sends me to a Shopify page that wants me to start a business.  It give directions that misdirect completely.  Any help would be appreciated as I cannot proceed until I get the Tongass pack.  Regards, Stan

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Tongass Fjords and FsAddon
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 09:48:48 PM »
Welcome to RTMM's forum, NM_Stan.
     Helping with your problems is why we're here.  Here's what I found so far.

FSAddon has closed it's doors.   :'(

(Full article)
https://fssupport.com/fsaddon/?p=3040

. . . excerp
As of January 1st the Shopify Shop will be off-line. It also means support for previously sold products will be a problem because I am not continuing the almost daily efforts I still put in currently. More like once a week. And over some time the server contracts holding the software will also lapse, making the downloads no longer available.

Take care Francois.  We'll miss you.

Someone here may know more about it.  Holger or Bill?
I wondered if OrbxDirect has TFX now?  But no.  (not yet, anyway)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 10:40:33 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

NM_Stan

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 04:51:54 PM »
Thanks Jeff for the info.  I'm going to assume that I can proceed without Tongass and add it later if it becomes available somehow.  Regards, Stan

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 07:07:10 PM »
     Well, it is a requirement for RTMM.  I am not sure how to proceed, since TFX is no longer available as far as I know.  I am hoping a member with more knowledge will join the thread.  If you already own TFX, you're ok.  But how to buy it in 2021, I don't know. ???

I am hoping OrbxDirect will pick it up and offer it in their store.  Seems logical to me.   :-\  But I know nothing.   :P

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

NM_Stan

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 10:46:58 PM »
Thanks Jeff for the effort.  I've installed everything else and as best I can tell it works.  BUT, I tried several areas and nothing seems to show up.  I guess that I'm up a creek without a parachute until either Tongass can be made available or a work around is developed by TWKWTAD.  If you have any suggestions for places to try I'll give them a go.  Thanx again, Stan

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2021, 06:40:10 AM »
Couldn't find it for sale anywhere Stan... but just found this notification: which would explain why it's no longer available.  (LINK: https://fssupport.com/fsaddon/?p=3040).

FSAddon is closing its doors
By francois On December 24, 2020 ·

Dear all,

first of all let me wish you a Merry Christmas, even when in lockdown or otherwise limited. Hopefully, you are all still healthy. Also hopefully, next year will see a return to normalcy, and no, not the ‘new normal’, the regular one. Here’s hoping.

Talking about next year….. the reason I am writing here is that I have decided to stop my commercial activities under FSAddon Publishing. It is getting too expensive, and too much work. Too much for the time I still have to spend on it, and too much for my age, I guess. Even though we are spending most of the time at home here in Italy, forced by the circumstances, I seem to be running out of time most every day. I guess the slower tempo of living and moving has to do with it ,-)

Anyway, after all these years of FSAddon it is a tough decision. But with the advent of the new MSFS the sales have now dropped to almost nothing, and the cost of the websites has not gone down. So it just does not make sense to continue. Most of my work these days is responding to former customers who managed to lose their downloads and request new links and registration keys.

As of January 1st the Shopify Shop will be off-line. It also means support for previously sold products will be a problem because I am not continuing the almost daily efforts I still put in currently. More like once a week. And over some time the server contracts holding the software will also lapse, making the downloads no longer available.

It has been a long road, sometimes bumpy, never boring, and I think together with my developers we have brought some joy to flightsimmers all over the world.

I will now try and build my own home cockpit before it is too late and either Covid or old age catches up…. You will still find me on various forums from time to time.

Best regards,
Francois
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 06:44:08 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2021, 07:07:02 AM »
I searched for this commercial download since Stan has notified.  It is not available for sale!

In that regard, perhaps the owners here might contact Francois, if possible, to attain non-selling freeware permission or distribution rights to make the product available here on this site since it is critical for RTMM scenery in the Tongass Area.

There would be no issue or no need to do approach the developer if this commercial product was still available but it clearly is not. This product, which RTMM still requires availability, has been removed from the commercial market by the developer and the website closed. 

As with other developers who have removed their products from the commercial market, they usually offer or make available these products as freeware products for any who may want them. Such devs, just to name a few: Aerosoft, Orbx, Iris, Golden Age, IblueYonder, A2A etc etc

Anyways just a thought.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 07:08:49 AM by nbrich1 »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2021, 10:01:53 AM »
At the request of Doug and Brad, I have reached out to Francois and FSAddon to see if anything can be worked out to enable our new and future users to acquire TFX.  I hoping for a reply if Francois is still reading his FSAddon email.  We do not have his personal email.

I will let you know if we are able to improve the current situation in any way.

Rod

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2021, 11:13:09 AM »
Sounds good Rod.. Thank-you sir.

Norm
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 11:33:33 AM by nbrich1 »

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2021, 11:20:59 AM »
Thank you, Doug, Brad, & Rod.   8)

We may also have to consider a future version of RTMM that does not include TFX as a requirement.  Is that an option?   :-\
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 11:38:52 AM by jeff3163 »

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2021, 02:51:07 PM »
At the request of Doug and Brad, I have reached out to Francois and FSAddon to see if anything can be worked out to enable our new and future users to acquire TFX.  I hoping for a reply if Francois is still reading his FSAddon email.  We do not have his personal email.

I will let you know if we are able to improve the current situation in any way.

Rod

Thank you for your efforts!!

The closure of FSaddon is really sad news. :'(

TFX is really so important for RTMM world......

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2021, 07:31:17 PM »
Hopefully Rod can convince the developers that the sales of TF software were greatly enhanced by RTMM members, and they can come to some sort of agreement that allows us to distribute it in some form. Freeware??

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Francois

• FS Veteran
    • former FSAddon Publishing
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2021, 09:41:35 AM »
Hi all,

neither Holger nor I thought about RTMM...... sorry for that lapse of memory. But you know, at least I have an excuse, nearing 70 and with over 35 years in this business now...... and OUT of it at least commercially :-)

Anyway, after Rod contacted us, Holger and I conferred and we decided that RTMM can have the source of TFX to distribute to its members. I just wrote Brad and sent him the necessary files.

And no, it is NOT going to Orbx, for reasons that those who know me are well aware of.
I hope RTMM can continue to flourish this way, and wishing you all a better year than we just had all over the world!

Kindest regards,
Francois
Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

... and the man's blog

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2021, 10:01:21 AM »
Thank you, Francois.  Greatly appreciated.  That is wonderful.   8)

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2021, 12:13:03 PM »
Thank you so much, Francois!

I‘m speechless......this is so wonderful news.
You keep the heart of RTMM world alive.....This is so beautiful.

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals