Author Topic: ORBX LOWZ got an update today  (Read 3022 times)

kaha

ORBX LOWZ got an update today
« on: December 17, 2020, 06:55:56 AM »
Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: ORBX LOWZ got an update today
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2020, 08:21:41 AM »
Thanks, Karl!

Rod

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2020, 08:43:42 AM »
Aye thank-you Karl. Speaking of Zell am See, You'll have to take us for an Austrian excursion some time! We have comms at MFC/Discord and also on teamspeak (digitalthemepark server) and we definitely have the sim(s). lol.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

kaha

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2020, 09:03:57 AM »
Yes, we definitely have to do that.

Are you using headsets?

Karl

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2020, 12:28:23 PM »
Yep I have a headset.

kaha

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2020, 03:27:23 PM »
Ok, I will talk to Santa Claus.

Karl

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2020, 05:14:47 PM »
I have a headset too!

Rod

kaha

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2020, 05:38:54 PM »
Do you suggest an USB headset or one with a 3,5mm plug? How do both types work with the sims? Any experiences you can share? My only usage would be for multiplayer mode in flightsimulaters.

Thx,
Karl

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2020, 06:02:07 PM »
Mine is a wireless USB headset. (Corsair).  (Has an USB wireless transmitter-plug into an USB port) and a wireless headset.. so no wires to run over with the chair. This set is not very expensive but works good. I only use a headset when group flying. 

My previous wired headset - well  arg!! - severed the wires with my captain's chair wheels!)

So I find a wireless set better for me..  (the headphones/mic have an rechargeable plug (AC). Mine is an older headset now - I am sure there is an updated version). 

« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 06:04:03 PM by nbrich1 »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2020, 09:23:19 AM »
Have had mine for close to 8 years.  It is not wireless nor is it a traditional headset.   It includes Bose AE2 headphones plus an attached Antlion Modmic Uni.  I wanted to have a removeable high quality mic with high quality headphones that I already had.  Works for me but Norms sounds pretty good for a wireless combo unit that may be less than $100.  If you already have headphones you want to use then the Antlion addon mic is only about $50.

Of course with Bose, if I run over the headphone cord or it gets a short, I just replace the cord (don't normally have mic attached unless I am going to use it..it is magnetic and quick attach/detach).  I have replaced the heaset cord once.  I have also replaced the headphone pads at least once or twice to keep them super comfortable.  The mic has never had any issue even though, since it is easily removeable from the headset, it has fallen to the floor many times.

Rod

kaha

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2020, 06:10:45 AM »
Thank you Norm and Rod.

Santa confirmed he will bring me a wireless headset tomorrow. I wonder how he's going to make it, being so far away now.  ;D

Karl

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2020, 08:02:29 AM »
Hmmm.. Austria at times, can be like being at the North pole!! And think Santa also has a headquarters there: he delivers as efficiently as FedEx, UPS or Amazon!.

Actually, I was there yesterday, after the MSFS2020 update, and there was so much snow around your place that I could hardly see to land!  (This area looks great in any sim: phenomenal for sure!)

Now kind of weird though, in MSFS 2020: Salzburg (LOWS) didn't have much snow, many spots green but as I traveled southward lots of snow appeared just before getting to Zell (LOWZ) and it was stormy from there travelling NW to St.Johann (LOIJ) and over to Innsbruck (LOWI).

For any who might want to take this little 130 nm journey in Austria attached is my FP (zip).. Includes (FSX-P3D, 2020 and lnm version). Fun trip! but will be better when we have a good guide!! Come-on Santa!! lol.

Merry Christmas All.

Norm
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 08:07:16 AM by nbrich1 »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2020, 03:50:24 PM »
Thanks, Norm!  I have downloaded your plans for a flight in the future.  I have Orbx distributed Digital Design's LOWS but haven't had time to fly around there yet.    The arrival of your flight plan made me chuckle. The other day I created a plan from  Gaya Sim's LOWW to Orbx's LOWG which I am halfway through.  I landed at  a very small unmarked grass field in the mountatins (LOGL) as a halfway point and then saved the flight since other pressing matters came up.  Guess, I took a nap in the C172SP and enjoyed the view.  I hope to take off from LOGL tomorrow to go the rest of the way by reloading the save which works great in MSFS. 

I put in some 60 waypoints for the 111 nm to map every twist and turn since I wanted to be able to fly below 5,000 feet the whole trip.  So far it has been great fun and quite beautiful.  However, I am not flying in Live weather as I wanted to be able to drop down to 1,000 AGL in wider valleys to sight-see without contending with the fog etc.  If all goes well, when I finish the flight, I will post the MSFS2020 flight plan. 

In between, I have been spending time getting all my external avionics working in MSFS2020.  I finally got the GoFlight boxes working.  Had to use the GIT payware since the GoFlight company seems shut down for the duration of Covid.  GIT required some programming but all is good at the moment.  I am not sure if GoFlight will re-open after Covid.  Their equipment has always worked great for me. 

After Christmas, I am hoping to get in on a guided tour flight with you and Karl though I have never done Multiplayer. 

Rod 

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2020, 03:33:53 PM »
They were just fast made flight plans.. I'm not exactly one who follows the magenta line but low and slow navigating the landmarks, through rock cuts and river valleys/canyons to get to the various destinations. the hand on the stick is a must.. but have to watch out for those box canyons and hopefully when required the plane has enough guys to get up and over! Lol

Multi is very easy to do in the sims and we do have various comms. Definitely looking forward to this with you guys (and anyone else whom might want to come along).  We can set up something after Christmas is over..  (after santa comes with headsets. Lol)

Merry Christmas.

Norm

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2020, 04:35:17 PM »
Those box canyons are what taught me how fast my Cessna can climb.......usually by the time I figured it out, it was usually too late.   That taught me to map the path pretty carefully and it has served me well.   Looking forward to a post holiday session.  Discord is my comms preference.   

Looks like it will be a White Christmas in Northeast Ohio.  It is 27 degrees (F) and snowing with 4 inches expected.  I think some of our snow will make it to Toronto for Christmas Day (tomorrow).

Rod