Author Topic: Crevice Creek problems  (Read 5351 times)

mllgrennman

Crevice Creek problems
« on: December 10, 2020, 09:48:20 PM »
Hi. I can't seem to get Crevice Creek to work. I have ORBX Vector with the 1AK1 alt disabled...any ideas?

mllgrennman

Re: Crevice Creek problems
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 07:14:02 PM »
Here's another pic...missing objects and different runway type...Ive been working on it for days with no luck...Could the file be incomplete?

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2020, 10:22:31 PM »
No the file is not missing anything but you could have missing libs and perhaps your order (or Orbx Central insertions points might also are incorrect).

Looks like there maybe two issues: 1. missing objects and 2. some elevation issues.   

This is my 1AK1:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 10:34:51 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2020, 10:33:01 PM »
Two more pics: (Excuse the snow, but we are going into the winter season up here!)

RTMM stuff has to sit above all the Orbx stuff in your scenery order, (and Orbx Regions and Airports has to sit above Orbx Open LC stuff..  As far as the library's are concerned, (might have to do a redo.. but make sure you have any old OZx libs OFF cause they conflict with some of the objects in the RTMM libs.

Turn your adds off, just leave your libs on and run the scenery test at PANT. That will show what objects might be missing and hence what lib may not be correct. Once you get the objects correct then you can tput the addon pieces back on and check 1AK1.

(Also might want to put in a new Crevice just to make sure you have a good one). 
(Direct LINK: 
https://return.mistymoorings.com/scenery/zipfiles/crevice_creek/Crevice%20Creek%20V2.1.zip  )

« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 10:38:52 PM by nbrich1 »

mllgrennman

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 06:31:52 PM »
Ok something is not right...your Crevice Creek still doesn't  look like the pic in the file either...The trees should wrap around the apron and the runway should be dirt...This is what I'm trying for...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 06:34:08 PM by mllgrennman »

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 08:39:35 PM »
We're in different sins.. auto gen can be much different.

Doug did the pic so all depends on what his sim was or platform the scenery was created and also his veg level setting when he took the scenery pic. Wouldn't bother getting hung up in the trees. Just fly.. lol
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 10:16:50 PM by nbrich1 »

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2020, 09:09:25 PM »
My airstrip is paved (not gravel) shale, and all objects appear to be showing correctly in my sim.   ??? ;)
What are your scenery sliders set at?  Move them right and see if more pops up?
(maybe its not a dirt runway anymore.  The pic should be changed then.) :-\

« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 01:12:40 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

mllgrennman

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2020, 09:30:14 PM »
I'm using FSX with sliders maxed...I'm thinking the actual file doesn't have the data represented in the pic...

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2020, 09:39:07 PM »
I'm using FSX with sliders maxed...I'm thinking the actual file doesn't have the data represented in the pic...

That appears to be the case.   :P

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

mllgrennman

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2020, 07:06:24 AM »
At least you have the trees!...Are they from Vector?

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2020, 09:26:34 AM »
I don't think Vector does trees.  I have TreesHD and also Terra flora trees, but not sure which are active these days.  I think it's TreesHD.  But the trees near the buildings should be "placed" seasonal scenery trees, right?

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2020, 09:45:35 AM »
I'll add my 2 cents worth. The last screenshot that mllgrennman posted is from the crevice_creek_1AK1_2.jpg in the Crevice Creek folder. My scenery, when running the sim, looks pretty much like the jpg except for a few trees here and there. However, my runway looks like gravel and not grass, and my tarmac looks like the gravel in the screenshot. So...using ADE and examining the properties of 1AK1_ADEP3_jdl.bgl in the scenery folder, the runway and tarmac are defined as "shale", which for all practical purposes looks identical to gravel. (I've designed enough runway surfaces to know this.) Why Norm is seeing asphalt makes no sense and should have nothing to do with simulator differences. Judging by his screenshot, I think that Jeff is actually seeing "gravel /shale", and not pavement on the runway and tarmac.

Mllgrennman, what you are seeing in your initial screenshot is 90% correct except for a missing building and tree density differences. Make sure that you have all of the necessary libraries installed. I'll post back later to tell you which library contains the missing building. Also, are you seeing smoke from the chimneys? If not, we can work on that issue for you too.

As for the random, minor tree differences from the crevice_creek_1AK1_2.jpg and how things actually display in the sim, my guess that it's due to the fact that in the last scenery revision, Doug added the all of the seasons for the season switcher, probably changed out a few trees along the way, and then didn't provide a new screenshot that reflected the changes.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2020, 12:37:02 PM »
The missing building is in the NAC_objects.bgl library. So, make sure you have that bgl. Here's where troubleshooting becomes difficult when looking for library files. If you have individually downloaded and installed the scenery object library files using the traditional method, (Parts I-IV from the RTMM Object Library section https://www.return.mistymoorings.com/object_libraries_build/), then the NAC_objects.bgl library is located in RTMMTwo Object LibraryFSXP3D. If you use the Addon Method then you will have to wade through it to determine if the NAC_objects.bgl library is present.

This also brings up another thought to me regarding Norm's asphalt vs the shale. There may be something missing in the Addon Method installation files that is conflicting with the shale vs asphalt look. (My installation uses the traditional library installation.)

I also by pure chance just happened to have an older copy of Crevice Creek hanging around and loaded it. As I suspected, the differences in the tree density and random tree placement is indeed different than the current version. The older version looks like Doug's crevice_creek_1AK1_2.jpg.

As another aside, using the current version, my sim locks up when panning around in slew mode. It also locked up IS3. This is just info for Doug. It happened to me 3 times, and the first time it completely locked up Windows. Maybe it's just me. I'm wondering if there's an issue with an ADE file, fuel trigger, season file, or something similar. The old version doesn't cause me any problems. Anyone else have a lockup problem similar to mine at Crevice Creek?
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

mllgrennman

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2020, 05:26:26 PM »
That all ads up. The pic is likely from a previous version...Would you be able to share V1?
Seems I'm the only one who cares about the darn trees! :D

Thanks for solving the mystery either way. ;)

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2020, 05:36:41 PM »
Nah not paved I guess..  more like a very dark shale (HDR effects are on and brightness is at 60 %(so looks kind of dark).