Author Topic: RTMM Complete setup question/guidance  (Read 2137 times)

Jmac

RTMM Complete setup question/guidance
« on: December 02, 2020, 08:11:29 AM »
Hi all,
I have just came back to Misty's and FSX-SE after long Sabbatical  and need some help installing RTMM , my first try was not a success I just couldn't get my head around the highlighted instruction really need hand held on this one!

--------------
E. With the scenery.cfg still open in notepad, select the EDIT tab, then REPLACE.
A new window will pop up:

Find what: paste this text >> Local=x:\path to Addon Scenery \
 (OK to this point)

Replace with: Local=your drive and path to the sim's Addon Scenery folder
(IE: Local=D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Addon Scenery\ )

My IE: local=E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Addon Scenery\
I copied the A. "Addon Scenery" to root which was in this folder Addon .

Then select Replace All, save the file and close it.
I used Notepad++ in Admin so all saved OK

After many combinations of (Local= my path)  and much coffee just couldn't get sim to load scenery, I have now done clean install FSX-SE and wait for a HERO  :)
--------------
Regards,
Jmac         
Win10 Home Ed.

P.S. Just amazed at all the work you guys have put into RTMM many hours but also much enjoyment for us simmers really appreciated  ;D

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: RTMM Complete setup question/guidance
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 10:03:24 AM »
Welcome Back Jmac:

As per - extract the zip and place all of the folders where you need them: 

Addon Scenery to where you want it   (Make note of the path to this folder)
Effects to Effects (Select Correct Version for FSX-SE)
Gauges to Gauges
Scenery to the sims main Scenery folder
Simobjects to Simobjects
Sound to Sound

Now: to the template scenery.cfg.txt file itself and all the RTMM entries. This will be direct input into the scenery.cfg once the correct path setup- then the entries from this file are pasted at the bottom of your entries in your scenery.cfg (after you backup your copy). Might need a tweak depending on your addon scenery but this whole process is to save manually setting up 241+ of these RTMM scenery entries in your sim scenery library.  Now you can do that, this is just a must faster way to do the same thing.

where you only have to open this scenery.cfg template file with notepad and substitute or replace the " Local=x:\path to Addon Scenery  " with your correct path using notepad's Edit > Replace Command. 

IE:   So if your add-on scenery was placed on drive D:\Fightsim\addon scenery\  ....

It would be a matter of editing the template file: using the notepad's Edit > "replace" function:
So Open the template file with notepad - EDIT > Replace

Find what:        Local=x:\path to Addon Scenery   \
Replace with:    Local=D:\Fightsim\addon scenery\

and the rest of the line will match up with the specific scenery entries and folders.

IE:
[Area.449]
Title=RTMM-01-RTMM Object Libraries 1-2-3-4 <-----(ORBX Top Insertion Point)-----<
Local=x:\path to Addon Scenery   \RTMM\01-RTMM Object Libraries 1-2-3-4
Layer=449
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

So after one "Replace" replacement then the path (or local=) of that entry Local= line would read:

[Area.449]
Title=RTMM-01-RTMM Object Libraries 1-2-3-4 <-----(ORBX Top Insertion Point)-----<
Local=D:\Fightsim\addon scenery\RTMM\01-RTMM Object Libraries 1-2-3-4
Layer=449
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

and the scenery entry is complete.

If you use the "Replace ALL" function in that notepad replace function, then the paths of all the entries in that rtmm template file are done.

IE:
[Area.674]
Title=RTMM-Twelve Mile Rafting Station
Local=x:\path to Addon Scenery   \RTMM\05-RTMM Addon Scenery\Twelve Mile Rafting Station
Layer=674
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

becomes

[Area.674]
Title=RTMM-Twelve Mile Rafting Station
Local=D:\Fightsim\addon scenery\RTMM\05-RTMM Addon Scenery\Twelve Mile Rafting Station
Layer=674
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

Then select all of the entries from the template txt file (copy) and paste at the bottom of your scenery.cfg (after you back up your original scenery.cfg). (Just saves much time in manually entering all the entries in your sim library but if you want you could manually enter all of these entries in your scenery.cfg.. (but start with the libraries and add in alpha order and each will layer on top of the previous with RTMM-Yukon Crossing being the last entered and it ends up on top of the scenery library.   

Now if you want, can do it for you.  If you send me your current scenery.cfg file (zip it up) and convey what drive/location your addon scenery folder is located check and update your scenery.cfg as required and send it back to you. (norm_richards@hotmail.com)

Norm

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Jmac

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 12:27:49 AM »
Hi Norm,

Thank you for quick reply and your kind offer, I have now managed to install RTMM complete setup as per your instruction :) I was on the right track initially, but this time 
I installed “Addon scenery” outside the sim then used fsx tools to clean up and add to sim  scenery.cfg, one thing that perhaps stumped me yesterday which I picked up this time,  after adding the ( Local=Path...). I had the space between scenery & \RTMM as shown below which stopped the sim recognizing the scenery's. After deleting this space with find & replace all was well :) 

Local=x:\path to Addon Scenery

Local=E:\Fightsim\addon scenery  \RTMM\01-RTMM Object Libraries 1-2-3-4

I have done a quick flight and noticed Ketchikin scenery has suspended cars people etc:
Mistys Place looks fine I will use scenery tester later today.
If anything shows up I will look through the forum later to find fixes for any anomilies I find. And then ask for help if needed, thanks again for your quick reply.

Cheers,
Jmac

P.S  Tongass Fjords, Orbx PNW, PFJ only other addons installed at present.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 06:32:35 AM »
No problem at all Jmac.. Yes, one little space can mess things up. Glad you got it figured. Note that the insertion points in Orbx central are critical. Orbx regions and airports (top insertion point) has to be placed below RTMM libs. (RTMM stuff has to be above the Orbx stuff), and the lower insertion point- Orbx Open LC has to right below Tongass lower so that the Tongass layering is correct. If you don't have Orbx payware PAKT that would explain the "air" buildings. Now if you don't have Orbx PAVD airport, the 1st segment of the pipeline might be a tad off but not much - but the rest should be ok. You scenery test at PANT should look perfect. If any questions or problem just give a holler.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^