Author Topic: Scenery problem at Owikena West Airstriip  (Read 9652 times)

Rodebo

Re: Scenery problem at Owikena West Airstriip
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2020, 07:05:33 AM »
I found 2 "ga hangar ss 3a" files.
1 - In: Addon scenery - EZ Scenery Library - as a BMP file, indeed an earlier installed library file.
2 - In: Addon Scenery - RTMM Object Libraries - EZ Scenery Library FSXP3D, as a dds file.

I copied the "ga  hangar ss 3a.dds" and placed it in the FSX directory "texture" file.

See the gorgeous result!

Robert

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2020, 10:22:11 AM »
Jeff, where does that antenna construction come from? Additional addon I'm missing?

Karl

Hi Karl,
     The red and white object in my pic is a "crosshair" object for scenery placement/inspections.  It is used instead of an airplane when slewing around etc.  (I can get it to "fly" though) lol

Crosshairs Plus
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eqd2jm10sx4paan/chplus.zip?dl=0
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 11:40:40 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2020, 11:57:47 AM »
Robert,
You need to delete, or at the very least uncheck, your EZ Scenery folder. All of the EZ Scenery objects are already included in the RTMM libraries. The RTMM library was updated a number of years ago so that all of our objects could be compatible with P3D. Don't worry, by deleting your EZ Scenery folder you won't hurt or lose anything in the way of objects.

After removing the EZ Scenery folder, what you should do now is to go back to the root directory's texture folder and rename "ga  hangar ss 3a.dds" to "ga  hangar ss 3a.dds.off". (This is a safe guard in case something goes wrong in the next steps.

Now make sure that you have "ga  hangar ss 3a.dds" in RTMM Required Libraries Part I\EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D 6-7-14\EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D\texture

If it's indeed in there, and it should be, you can safely delete the "ga  hangar ss 3a.dds.off" from the root directory texture folder.

IF by chance the "ga  hangar ss 3a.dds" file in  RTMM Required Libraries Part I\EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D 6-7-14\EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D\texture ends in "off," remove the "off" so that the file reads "ga  hangar ss 3a.dds" as it should.

this sounds way more complicated than it really is. I'm just trying to cover all of the bases.

For what it's worth, there have been scores of others who have had the same issue over the years, so you aren't alone! it comes down to having duplicate or overlapping object libraries.

If you need further help, just ask.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

kaha

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2020, 02:19:32 PM »
...is a "crosshair" object for scenery placement/inspections...

;D

Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

Rodebo

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2020, 06:13:04 PM »
Steve,

I followed you procedure steps, but can 't set the "ga hangar ss3a .dds" in the FSX directory texture file on off, otherwise I get my black hangars back!
Can I leave it like that?

Robert

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2020, 04:48:39 AM »
Robert,
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "can 't set the "ga hangar ss3a .dds" in the FSX directory texture file on off."

Anyway, set that texture in the main texture directory to "off" for now anyway. You'll need to do this while FSX isn't running. Also make double sure you've removed EZ Scenery from your addon scenery. Now do a system search for "ga hangar ss3a .dds." The only place it should show up ins in RTMM Required Libraries Part I\EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D 6-7-14\EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D\texture. If you find it elsewhere, set it to "off" for now, make a note of the location(s), and then see if the hangers look right. Let me know your results and we'll proceed from there. We're trying to determine if another instance of that texture is still hanging around somewhere else and causing the issue. Don't fret, we'll get it working for you.

Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Rodebo

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2020, 12:20:41 PM »
Steve,
Sorry for the delay. I had some issues with the normal system search on my PC.
Therefore I downloaded a new program "Everything". Searched with that and see the result.
Hopefully is that what you want to know.

Robert

Rodebo

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2020, 12:27:34 PM »
Steve

E:\FLIGHT SIM\.... is my file storage of everything concerning FSX.   

Robert

kaha

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2020, 12:35:37 PM »
Best search program for me is this one (freeware). I use it since years:

https://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack/

Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2020, 05:50:33 PM »
I have used the "Everything" search program for years.  I love it.   :-*  It finds anything, anywhere.  Instantly.   8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2020, 07:08:30 PM »
Robert,
Are all of those folders containing the texture in question active in your scenery library? By the looks of your screenshot, the only library location that should have active would be F:\FSX\Addon Scenery\RTMM Object Libraries\EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D. Make sure that your scenery library doesn't point to any other instances of the texture. It's OK,for now to still have it in the F:\FSX\Texture folder for now as long as it still has "off" on the end of the name. It it's anywhere else and active, it will cause problems. Also, you will have the same issue with black textures in other other objects in other scenery. Let me know your results.

I need to check out that Everything program. Thanks for the heads up.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Rodebo

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2020, 06:15:46 AM »
Steve

My Owikeno west P38 scenery looks all right now!

Last steps: deleted "ga hangar ss 3a.dds" file in FSX/texture file, when FSX was not running.

Checked that the only place where "ga hangar ss 3a.dds"shows up is for sure: RTMM Required Libraries Part I\EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D 6-7-14\EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D\texture.

Thanks for all the tips to achieve the result.

Robert

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2020, 07:27:24 AM »
Glad you got it all sorted out! You had one of those obscure, crazy problems that crops up once in a while. Like I said, previously, you aren't the first one to have it, and it took a while to figure out what causes that problem and how to correct it when it happened the first time. A little quirk in FSX.

Tried out that the Everything program and it works like a charm. Thanks for the info.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support