Author Topic: Scenery problem at Owikena West Airstriip  (Read 9749 times)

Rodebo

Scenery problem at Owikena West Airstriip
« on: November 11, 2020, 03:07:10 PM »
Have 2 black hangars at the Owikena West Airstrip, although the scenery tester is OK. Can't find a solution for those black hangars.

kaha

Re: Scenery problem at Owikena West Airstriip
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 03:23:52 PM »
Do you have installed the latest version from 06/29/2020?

https://return.mistymoorings.com/scenery/zipfiles/owikeno_lake_area/Owikeno%20Lake%20Area%20V2.0.zip

My scenery there looks different.

Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

kaha

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 03:38:12 PM »
I have a fuel station and the plane in the the hangar has a different color.

Karl

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 11:27:01 PM »
Hi Rodebo,
     Karl makes a good point.  Make sure you have the most recent scenery updates.  Here is what mine looks like in P3Dv3.
     I've just re-installed my P3dv3 and am testing my IS3 program.  I'm getting a g2d error when I start it and no object labels are showing yet.  But my scenery looks ok.   :P

« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 12:16:18 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 10:14:33 AM »
RodeBO you're missing textures on those cabins.. Textures are usually in the Object libraries: (There is NO textures in the actual Owikeno Lake Area add-on scenery piece. Suspect that your object libs are incomplete or setup incorrectly. What sim are you running RodeBO?   

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Rodebo

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 11:47:35 AM »
nbrich1, I 'm still running FSX.  I reinstalled the last version of "Owikena West Airstrip" and got the fuel station but kept the 2 black hangars. See attachment.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2020, 02:15:20 PM »
nbrich1, I 'm still running FSX.  I reinstalled the last version of "Owikena West Airstrip" and got the fuel station but kept the 2 black hangars. See attachment.

Try the scenery tester- to identify which textures from the object libs might be missing in your system. 

The Owikeno Lake Area add-on scenery piece (Refreshed 06.29.2020) does NOT contain the textures for the cabins. You need to fix up your object libs so that all the textures are present, then you'll have the textures to show on those cabins at Owikeno Lake Area (and cabins in other locations).

Maybe just grab the FSX Master Scenery Pack, extract and just update the lib folders in your sim and see if that corrects your cabins in the Owikeno Lake Area

Norm

Rodebo

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2020, 03:10:47 PM »
Norman,
The scenery tester gives everything OK, no libraries missing. So I 'll try to apply your other hints and let you know the result.

Robert

Rodebo

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2020, 03:45:52 PM »
See my current scenery library setting, no result for the 2 black hangars.

kaha

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2020, 04:29:02 PM »
There is a log file you can switch in the options menu. This will for sure report the missing textures when you load the airstrip.

The only problem is to find the relevanr lines in the file. But it's possible.

Karl

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2020, 05:08:10 PM »
Right on Karl.. log should show a missing texture..

The only other problem observed in your scenery snapshot is the scenery order. The object libs are sitting on top of the add-on scenery pieces.. In FSX, (as well as P3D), the RTMM object libs are supposed to be below all the add-on scenery pieces. So all the add-on scenery pieces should be sitting on top of the object libraries. Not 100% is that makes a difference but think it does, (that is if your libs are correct). The textures in the libs have to be loaded first by the sim.  Steve, the library boss, chime in if you can.

kaha

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2020, 05:16:32 PM »
Jeff, where does that antenna construction come from? Additional addon I'm missing?

Karl

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2020, 06:11:59 PM »
Right on Karl.. log should show a missing texture..

The only other problem observed in your scenery snapshot is the scenery order. The object libs are sitting on top of the add-on scenery pieces.. In FSX, (as well as P3D), the RTMM object libs are supposed to be below all the add-on scenery pieces. So all the add-on scenery pieces should be sitting on top of the object libraries. Not 100% is that makes a difference but think it does, (that is if your libs are correct). The textures in the libs have to be loaded first by the sim.  Steve, the library boss, chime in if you can.

Norm is correct that RTMM recommends that the RTMM object libraries be below the RTMM add-on sceneries in the Scenery Library.  However, when using the FSX/P3D engine, the object library .bgls should work correctly even if at the top or anywhere else.  The Scenery Library sequencing is really only applicable to certain other .bgl types like scenery placement files, exclusion files etc. which are found in RTMM scenery folders.  For those type of files, scenery folder order in the Scenery Library most definitely determines how the sim engine layers the the results of processing those kinds of .bgl files.

That said, following the recommended RTMM Scenery Library order does eliminate debugging steps when problems occur since no one has to think about whether the scenery library entries are in the right order.

Rod 

« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 06:17:43 PM by stiletto2 »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2020, 06:23:48 PM »
See my current scenery library setting, no result for the 2 black hangars.

Rodebo,

I notice that your have over 100 entries above the RTMM library entries in the Scenery Library if I am reading your pic of the Scenery Library order correctly.  Do you have a lot of third party sceneries installed? Might be worthwhile knowing what all of those are in case one of them might be interfering. 

Rod 

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2020, 06:45:16 PM »
This is an age old problem. In a very brief nutshell, 95% of the time it's due to a duplicate object library installed on your system, and based upon the textures associated with the hanger objects, most likely an old EZ Scenery library. I won't go into detail right now, but here's how to verify whether or not this is your issue.

Locate the following texture
ga hanger ss 3a.dds

When you find the texture, make a copy of it and then add ".off" after the name of the original texture. Now move the copy to the texture folder under the root FSX directory. Make sure the name of the texture that you move is "ga hanger ss 3a.dds"

Now see if the hangers look as they should. Report back here with the results and we will proceed from there.

By the way, I've never noticed a difference or have had any problems regarding where my object libraries sit relative to my scenery libraries. I've had my object libraries all over the place in the past without any problems.

Steve
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 07:05:42 PM by ualani »
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support