Author Topic: Where can I fly?  (Read 1609 times)

kaha

Where can I fly?
« on: October 29, 2020, 09:43:12 AM »
That question keeps me busy.

Where can I fly for RTMM? Is it only in areas where we had tours? That's Alaska, Wahington, and recently also Oregon, California, Arizona, Nevada and Idaho.

Can I also fly for RTMM from LOIJ to LOWZ? Or in Italy?

What are the rules?

Karl
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 10:58:36 AM by kaha »
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Where can I fly?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 05:28:10 PM »
Well Karl would normally say only RTMM territory which really is BC, Alaska (and vicinity) which means western Yukon, and western Alberta... BUT.. we have kind of expanded the MFC trips to the western USA etc.. but.. Hawaii counts as Doug did a whole Hawaii piece on those islands:

EFMM Doug's Hawaii: Page LINK: https://return.mistymoorings.com/efmm/index.php 

and Brad did a piece on the Bahamas in the Caribbean (Page LINK: https://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=4890.0) - So that counts.

BUT since we have to get these areas (one way or another), and not via Star Trek methods: "No Beam me up Scotties here!) - (or in our case - no beam me over from here to there - and slew is unacceptable!!),
So it should be fly from here to there.. lol.

So in that case the territory (for MFC/Cigar Box) would extend the flyable territory from RTMM Alaska headquarters to all of Canada and the USA cause we have to get to the Bahamas in the Caribbean and back to home base - routed one way or another (charter flights)! 

And in Hawaii's case, we have to go across the big water to get to those HI islands from this side: that being western USA in a c130 perhaps with very big gas tanks as it is over 2600 nm from LAX to get to Doug's Hawaii!!).  All to say at MFC- would accept anywhere in CAN/USA, Bahamas and Hawaii.. thus far..

I know you're caught up in the MFC excursions.. (only a few pilots are current). 

There are lots of RTMM single flights (mostly created by Doug) that we built into the MFC System Flights.. so all of these can be logged at MFC as flights/hours etc.

Here is some plan: At least my attempt to work ahead and keep the flight content ongoing and continuing...

So far at MFC, did a bunch of continuous trips starting in 2018. And following in 2019 and 2020 have designed and built one tour per month as you know. Starting 2020 we had covered 2/3 of RTMM land so headed deep south in this MFC world tour of sorts: down to the USA south border and have traveled the Grand Canyon and working our way back north via the US Rocky Mountain chain.

(If I make it on schedule and can keep building a new MFC excursion each month, (and we stay current flying them), we'll will be crossing the border from the USA during Tour 49-Leg 3-mid Jan 2021 and we'll be back in Canadian lands!

Then we'll keep heading northwest back into real RTMM territory in mid-Febuary 2020 and will continue to work north exploring rtmm scenery that hasn't be covered yet: CIRP, Cabins by the Lakes 1 & 2 etc.

By years end 2021 we should make Valdez which puts us in the correct location in 2022 to run the BWEP all the way to Prudhoe Bay (Deadhorse) by the end of 2022.. (If I'm still alive?).. then where? Not sure yet..

We haven't gone elsewhere or overseas yet to Europe or Asia or Oceania at MFC! So we really have to stay on this side of the world in MFC. 

But feel free to fly anywhere in the world-lots of logging tools out there.. little logbook etc. I fly all over the globe: solo as well as with a few online groups. We'll have to get together and do some online/group flights!

Austria/Italy/France/Germany/Alps etc, a real enjoyment to fly there. 

Norm

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

kaha

Re: Where can I fly?
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 03:43:26 AM »
Thank you Norm, that's perfect!

Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020