Author Topic: MFC flight crashes  (Read 2293 times)

Lazyeight

MFC flight crashes
« on: October 09, 2020, 03:13:54 PM »
I have been enjoying the MFC flight plans. Things have been working pretty well after getting back into the swing of how this works.  However, the past two days I have had my P3D crash on me. I have been flying a flight plan from HYG to AHP with a stop at 16K. This morning I started at each of the three locations and they worked just fine. When I flew the route yesterday my P3D program completely shut down when on the water at AHP. Today as I approached AHP I was flying over a cruise ship while on my approach for landing and once again P3D completely shut down. Could it be the cruise ship causing the problem? If so, how do I eliminate it?Thanks,
Lazyeight

Lazyeight

Re: MFC flight crashes
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 04:42:26 PM »
Just tried the third time. I made my landing and doing the taxi into the harbor to complete the flight, P3D crashed again. Any ideas?
Lazyeight

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
CTD at AHP
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 05:29:44 PM »
1. Give your system a total shutdown. Then startup.

Sim: P3Dv4 or 5 ?

(I know you have the rtmm add-on in and have Tongass: Have you put any other add-on setup for this area?)   

So turn things off first.. (to try to isolate the problem). Suspect a Tongass issue.. and in P3Dv4 and above it was the ai traffic models.

TF-AI Traffic:
(The TF AI traffic files are in folder xx..\..\FSAddon\Tongass_Fjords\Tongass_Fjords_Higher_Priority\scenery - (ie: traffic xxxxx .bgl  - You can Add .OFF to those files and that will turn them off- and the sim won't call them.   

Not sure buddy but don't think the TF AI boat would cause the CTD as the boat models were ok, suspect perhaps the older TF ai aircraft models, (the old ones that were not compatible for P3Dv4 (and up) would cause the CTD. (I think we did them on your setup but it's been a while- don't recall if you already had Tongass setup). Might want to take a look to confirm at those ai traffic (airplane) models.
(See step table #5:  Direct LINK: https://return.mistymoorings.com/getting_started/index.php#5
AI Aircraft for Tongass X - By Rod Jackson - Download this folder and follow the instructions in the PDF that is enclosed. This will stop the random CTD's. Notam: It is only necessary to install this in P3D V4 (And up). (V3.4 and FSX are not affected).

Can also turn off anything scenery files associated to AHP:
- Go to your Tongass  > and add .OFF to file  AF2_FSX_TF_AHP_Port_Alexander.BGL  (That file is in the Tongass Higher Priority scenery folder). (that turns off just the location I think).   And that file is the only one (except for Ai traffic into the area). So turn off this AHP stuff and start your sim and try to go to AHP again.. ) 

Just in case, try to get a name of the ship you might have seen.. just in case there is an old Tongass simobject\boat on your system. (Need the name of it to find the simobject).

Also a good to do:

If you have added more add-on scenery or have updated the graphics driver then scenery might want to delete the "shaders" folder which cleans things up to your current set up:

IE:

C:\Users\your name_\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders  (and/or)

C:\Users\your name_\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Shaders

Also delete the sceneryIndexes_x64 folder. which updates things up for your scenery stuff: 
IE: C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SceneryIndexes_x64  (and/or)

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\SceneryIndexes_x64

Norm
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 08:11:55 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Lazyeight

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 09:02:58 PM »
Thanks for all the information tonight. I cannot check it out until in the morning but will work on it. I have found that the vessel that I fly over going into the inlet is "TF AI vessel M V Vee PAS3.  That might be the culprit. I will check it out in the morning.  Thanks for giving me something to work on.

Lazyeight

Lazyeight

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2020, 09:12:43 PM »
Norm, I do have P3D v4  and it is working pretty well. 

Lazyeight

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2020, 08:12:46 AM »
Hmmm, that TF AI vessel M V Vee PAS3 is a static vessel I think so it shouldn't be the problem. Still suspect the old Tongass ai aircraft old simobject models and when the sim calls them to appear (If you have AI traffic ON) the sim CTD.  You'll just have to play and find the culprit file(s).

There is no RTMM pieces for AHP (Port Alexander) per say. Suspect it has to be something in Tongass like the AI aircraft traffic models. So give a try.

Rod is expert in this stuff and might have further advice to troubleshoot.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 08:17:18 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2020, 09:14:19 AM »
For that you should be able to turn off your AI traffic.  See if that stops the crashes.   ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Lazyeight

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2020, 04:59:32 PM »
Eliminated AI Ships and it all worked again. I enjoyed seeing the big ocean cruise ships and will try them again in the future to see if it was just that one ship.  The name I gave you was not the one I believe causing the problem. The one I gave you was posted on Little Nav Map and was static. The one I flew right over when everything crashed was moving. I was able to get in two flights tocay. Thanks for everyone's help. I am a big fan of RTMM and MFC. All that scenery at 63A was impressive!

Lazyeight