Author Topic: No credit for flight  (Read 2125 times)

Lazyeight

No credit for flight
« on: October 02, 2020, 03:59:49 PM »
Just flew MFCT00163-6A1 68A- 63A with stop at MSUC and Cigar box shows about 45% of flight and said I never landed.  Had good landings at both MSUC and 63A.  Not a long flight so I do not mind making it again but everything was done correctly and got no credit.

Lazyeight

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: No credit for flight
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 05:09:08 PM »
Ok Buddy.. Try to wait wait for cigar box to fully connect to the site before you start your flight..  Wait for the little wheel to stop turning and listen for the cigar box chime which indicates that all is connected.

Cigar box only takes secs to connect to the sim but ever since the April server outage and subsequent server change the site is very labored in allowing cigar box to connect but once connected all works ok.

Additionally, cigar box only takes seconds to send your pirep to the site.. I don't even wait for the ping back from the site.. cause by the time I file the pirep then go to the MFC webpage (in mere secs), my pirep is already there. So just close cigar box..

Hope this helps sir.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Lazyeight

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 05:16:18 PM »
Thanks, Norm. I just flew the FP once again and even got to see more of the RTMM scenery. Cigar box worked this time except it would not let me file the flight. It said it timed out but I checked back and the details for the next flight opened up. Almost time to eat so I will try the next flight probably sometime tomorrow.
Thanks though Norm. I am just about to  get everything working pretty well. Except I am still getting Locked on the Flight 1 GTN flight plans. I have been trying to read everything to get it working but still getting locked on the flight plans.

Lazyeight

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 05:52:40 PM »
GTN might be an issue.. I think every way point of the FP have to be defined in the sim for the GTN to be able to pick them up but there is no way that will work as there are hundreds of waypoints in these FP that are not defined for the GTN to use. Might have to use a simpler standard GPS for this stuff and/or moving map applications like Little NavMap, Plan G, VFRflight planner etc which do pickup all the waypoints from the FP..
(F1 GTN is fine for sim database locations but can sure be an issue when it comes to custom waypoints and custom waypoint locations like found in most of the trips found at RTMM/MFC).

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

kaha

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 06:09:35 PM »
What you could try is to load the plan to Littlenavmap and from there export it to Flight 1 GTN.

Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

Lazyeight

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 06:19:17 PM »
Thanks kana. That is exactly what I am trying to do.  When I export them to Garmin is where some waypoints do not show and then is shows locked on the GTN.

kaha

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2020, 03:23:00 AM »
I see. I once had a similar problem. Maybe my conversation in this thread and the links in there could help:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/572493-flight-plan-import-failed/

Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020