Author Topic: KPR Port Williams  (Read 1735 times)

laserpoint490

KPR Port Williams
« on: September 28, 2020, 06:45:08 PM »
Just finished leg 7 of the Kodiak Island tour MFC0023 after having several CTDs with FSX.

I had installed the Kodiak Island Airfields and started getting game crashes after wpt5.  I disabled Orbx LandClass, Vector, objects, etc and couldn't even start a flight from KPR Port Williams without a CTD.  Ran Airport Scanner and it couldn't read the airport bgl for KPR. 

Opened Airport Design Editor and loaded KPR from the installed Kodiak Island scenery and it found no faults with its fault checker.  Recompiled the airport bgl, removed the original one and used the newly compiled airport bgl and my CTDs were cured!

This leg was quite a pain to complete, fortunately Cigar Box had a recovery for it where I restarted from, after making the above change to the airport file.  The scenery files were okay and I parked near one of the docks - nice addon scenery, except for this one file. 

I looked at the PIREP after filing it and got no cash or fuel charges for the flight, but the time did record okay.  I thought it might help to post this issue I had in case others had problems.
Cheers,
Alan

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: KPR Port Williams
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 10:05:43 PM »
Interesting Alan. Never had any issues but good to know if anyone does. Now in the download there is two versions of the Kodiak Island Airfields: One for FSX through P3Dv4x and another for P3Dv5. User should use the correct version for the sim used.

Norm

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

tomse

Re: KPR Port Williams
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 02:15:17 PM »
ran the leg in P3dv5, no issues

I7-4790@3.6GHZ, WIN10/ 64bit, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, 8GB VRAM,  P3Dv5.5, Active Sky P3D, FSUIPC 6, LittleNavMap