Author Topic: Cushman Meadows  (Read 5972 times)

Dexthom

Cushman Meadows
« on: April 29, 2011, 11:13:23 AM »
Did anyone buy this scenery?

archangel1

Re: Cushman Meadows
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 11:39:24 AM »
Not yet but it will be intriguing to try landing on a runway that incorporates a narrow bridge across a river!
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 01:35:18 PM »
I do not plan on adding the airports to my PNW because of the blurry ground textures that keep happening with my rather weak (for ORBX scenery) system.  I can use the PNW scenery without too much extra running but until something changes, either my system, or the ORBX scenery, I'll stick with what I already have.  Right now I view it as throwing good money after bad.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 04:58:04 PM »
Dex, that would be awesome!   I just installed Cushman and am about to go have a look.  Lake boat traffic would be great.  My rig runs PNW and add on airports just fine, but I do go low and slow for the most part.  Here's my specs:

Win7 64 bit, AMD 9750 Quad core 2.4 GHz, 8 Gig RAM, Radeon 4650 1Gig
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 08:51:03 PM »
Dex,

You might get a lot of interest over in the ORBX forums for this question.

Brad

frostllp

• Flight Sim Scenery Addict
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 10:49:39 PM »
I do not plan on adding the airports to my PNW because of the blurry ground textures that keep happening with my rather weak (for ORBX scenery) system.  I can use the PNW scenery without too much extra running but until something changes, either my system, or the ORBX scenery, I'll stick with what I already have.  Right now I view it as throwing good money after bad.
 8)
I'm kinda in the same boat - modest system - some blurries - temp cure - switch between windowed screen and full screen (Alt + Tab) - it helps sometimes.  I also found that there is viturally no visual difference between 85% mesh complexity and 100% mesh complexity, but it's easier on the frames - also cut your level of detail to medium in the highly developed areas - it may help.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 09:47:39 AM »
 8)
I'm kinda in the same boat - modest system - some blurries - temp cure - switch between windowed screen and full screen (Alt + Tab) - it helps sometimes.  I also found that there is viturally no visual difference between 85% mesh complexity and 100% mesh complexity, but it's easier on the frames - also cut your level of detail to medium in the highly developed areas - it may help.

All good suggestions and some do help but the BASIC problem still exist, the ORBX scenery is just too complex for my system.  As everything else I use works without any problems including other scenery addons I cannot justify an expenditure of thousands of dollars just to utilize one developers scenery fully in a simulation that was never completed by M$.

Oh yeah .. when I change parameters as suggested, reload the scenery or do anything to the sim that requires a reload then I sit and wait 4-5 min. while it grinds away and finally decides to allow me to fly again.  I spend over 60% of my time waiting for this piece of dung to load because I'm usually checking scenery etc. which entails reloads a lot.
 8)
Later,

Spud

alexf

• My photogallery
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 06:29:09 AM »
That's why I got a new system six months ago. Now ORBx runs fine, never less than 18fps, most of the time 25-30 (capped at 30).

I have everything they put out, including Cushman. Awesome scenery.
That bridge in Bear Gulch is too narrow. I missed it a couple of times high up on the cockpit of an amphib (C185) where your visibility is limited.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 02:19:56 PM »
That's why I got a new system six months ago. Now ORBx runs fine, never less than 18fps, most of the time 25-30 (capped at 30).

I have everything they put out, including Cushman. Awesome scenery.
That bridge in Bear Gulch is too narrow. I missed it a couple of times high up on the cockpit of an amphib (C185) where your visibility is limited.

Never have a complaint about FPS with ORBX although KSEA is a bit slow.  It is the constant blurring of the ground textures that I'm plagued with that disappoint me with ORBX scenery.  If I'm in PFJ out in the wild it is absolutely beautiful and no blurries but PNW seems to have the problem more so than PFJ scenery.  Away from scenery intense areas it is fine but get near intensive scenery and in about 3-5 min. the ground textures are blurry.  Auto gen, houses, trees etc. are sharp and clear.
Today I was checking out some new scenery by Xavier and Brad and everything was perfect flying the default J3 Cub.  When it works that well I almost forget how much FSX disappoints me at times.

8)
Later,

Spud