Author Topic: MSFS 2020 Patch#2 Coming  (Read 2257 times)

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
MSFS 2020 Patch#2 Coming
« on: September 15, 2020, 10:37:08 AM »
(It is written that - Flight Simulator Patch #2 to be released within 10 Days:

Written September 11, 2020 by Flightsim.to

In today's developer update Asobo announced the next patch for Microsoft Flight Simulator to be available within the next 10 days. Detailed patch notes will be released when time comes, but for now they highlighted some of the most important changes made. It is expected that all patch notes and the patch itself will be released along with the next developers update on September 17, 2020.

Performance improvements
    ATC updates
    UI updates
    Aerodynamic updates
    Aircraft updates
    Cockpit visuals and animation updates
    General aviation system updates
    General aviation avionic updated
    Airliner system updates
    Airliner avionic updates
    Live Weather updates – (e.g. 225/3kt wind fixed, persistency fixed, etc.)
    Upgraded multiplayer servers
    Marketplace updates
    Content Manager updates
    Localization updates
    Accessibility updates
    Camera updates
    Bush Trip updates (e.g. completion trigger fixed/Completionist achievement fixed)
    World updates

Furthermore the team has been working on new videos for partnership and feature discovery series, expecting an updated timeline for new content next week. New content to the in-game marketplace has already been added this week and can be checked out in game.
Top-voted issues the team is aware of

225/03 wind issue
    Wind Testing
    Live Weather not accurate
    Live Weather not working
    Garmin G100/G300 & Autopilot related issues
    Turboprop Engine Logic Issues
    ATC Incorrect Phraseology
    Baron G58 Missing ALT Knob
    Upvoting for removing ‘Press Any Key to Start’
    Night lighting – Terrain emits light?
    Dreadful Performance
    Reflections look grainy, even if reflections are on ultra
    Garmin Avionics missing RNAV approaches
    Lack of Real Time Traffic
    Cessna Citation Longitude Performance issues
    A320 swaying left and right

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

FSRobert

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Videography & Scenery Testing
Re: MSFS 2020 Patch#2 Coming
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 01:53:14 PM »
Thanks for the info Norm. 

Even with the problems mentioned I still find it a great sim for the flying I do. The visuals are spectacular and thanks to you with those links to the MSFS mod sites my bush flying life is even better. Already Alaska scenery  is being produced and I can only hope RTMM will come into play with the sim. I can think the learning curve will not be easy with scenery placement and all that goes with it.

Keep The FSFaith People

https://vimeo.com/channels/mistymooringvideography

kaha

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 03:32:32 PM »
I also like to do a flight now and then in MSFS.

However, it's getting a bit stressfull to keep up with all the freeware, mods and payware one should install to fix what Asobo left broken. Or to decide to not install some other stuff for several reasons. It's tiring and it's hard to keep track, that's my impression at least. Every evening I spend at least an hour to be on top of all the news spread by the community.

One thing i do is to buy all ORBX airports I also have in P3D, because they are discounted by 40%. That discount might very well go away over time.

Else, I'm concidering to leave the Sim just as is, do the updates and wait. And do a flight now and then.

Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 05:16:18 PM »
Thanks, Norm, for the update! 

Rod

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 05:18:10 PM »
Exactly Karl.. took a bit just to get caught up, now trying to keep track of which add-ons are needed and what is best to fix up2020. (All of them are needed. Man the more I look, the more deficient 2020 appears to be in all avenues as compared to previous sims. Graphics definitely looks pretty nice, but missing the rest?.
You know what they say "beauty is only skin deep"!!  OR is it "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder." lol.

Just give me a quality sim to be able to efficiently plan the flight then realistically operate and fly the aircraft via the route and a working network to be able to fly online without issue! Right now 2020 has missed the boat (from the onset) but one update is done and the next one coming soon.. and expect many more down the road so we'll see.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 05:20:35 PM by nbrich1 »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 05:53:32 PM »
Norm,

You are generally correct.  One of the problems that I am sure the users will be running into in a few months is conflicting scenery addons.   It is only a matter of time.  Without a scenery library to quickly turn things on an off, I am not sure how you would even debug that. 

My biggest concern for Alaska is that all of Southern Alaska needs to be addressed.  I assume the problem is lack of data which means there may be no solution for it now.   I am concerned that any development done in Alaska could be quickly wiped away with a general release by Microsoft or a zealous 3rd party that updates the Alaska data which is currently very, very weak.  That seems to be one of the risks with developing small scenery areas for the MSFS 2020 technology.  Microsoft may do a Bing map/ general data update and suddenly the little area where your scenery is displayed looks different.  The best kind of addons are the Orbx style which choose a larger area and then excludes almost all of the Microsoft data so that they create their own display.

Even Orbx is struggling with some of the Microsoft bugs or restrictive policies.  Right now a P3Dv5 scenery in mountainous areas that is ported over to MSFS 2020 may actually have reduced mesh resolution versus its P3Dv5 counterpart.   That is because Microsoft will not allow any 3rd party meshes including Orbx.  I believe LOWI is an example of that right now.

I have a list of many problems that I don't expect to get fixed soon.  There are probably thousands of issues that have been submitted to Microsoft.  As always there are an enormous amount of challenges in dealing with a new, ground-breaking sim.   The technology will surely be the future of simming but there are many hurdles before it becomes fully featured.

The things that keeps all interested is that the visuals are leading edge in many, many places.  There are also visual anomalies like cracks in the terrain here and there and deformed photogrammetry showing up when you don't expect it...like when taxiing at a smaller airport close to a large city downtown.

The question will be how fast can Microsoft address most of the major problems.  A lot of time will tell the story.  I continue to fly P3Dv5 for flight plan controlled flights using VoxATC and MSFS 2020 for more casual VFR sightseeing.

Rod

xxd09

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 07:08:58 PM »
I am certainly keeping a written record of my MSFS Addons
Will I be able to keep linking  them easily to the list in the Community file in MSFS 2020?
So far so good but as mentioned above may be a problem down the line due to numbers of Addons being produced
Makes for a very personalised sim
I have had occasion to remove an installed Addon -all seemed to go OK
Resembles XPlane 11 in the way Scenery Planes etc inserted and removed
Interesting times
xxd09

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 10:16:59 PM »
Hey just maybe all this 2020 stuff will be sorted out by MSFS2025!!

Tip..
If one properly names the add-on IE Continent-County-state/ICAO/unique location can easily sort by these criteria. (But that requires renaming of most of the add-ons there really is no naming criteria for easy identification/everybody is doing their own thing in the naming of their add-ons... (if you don't rename the main add-on folder it's mumbo-jumbo! But if you edit the add-on folder names to be better identifiable in a location type of naming convention then all stays in order and all is easily identifiable.

IE: (these are the latest MSFS2020 freeware add-ons (so far) for BC and Alaska from the various freeware sites in my own set naming convention so clear to know which is which.)
(You can name the root add-on folder anything you want as long as the rest beneath is in the correct structure)

Airport NA-CAN-BC CGRA Athena Quatam River Bushstrip
Airport NA-CAN-BC CYB2 Machmell Fisheries
Airport NA-USA-Alaska 4K5 Ouzinkie Kruzof Island Airstrip (16nm west of Sitka)
Airport NA-USA-Alaska Alaska Water Height fix
Airport NA-USA-Alaska Anchorage Water Height fix
Airport NA-USA-Alaska PAFR Bryant AAF Airport Fort Richardson
Airport NA-USA-Alaska PAGY Skagway
Airport NA-USA-Alaska PASI Sitka
Airport NA-USA-Alaska PATK Talkeetna
Airport NA-USA-Alaska PAUN Unalakleet
Airport NA-USA-Alaska PAVD Valdez Pioneer
Airport NA-USA-Alaska Saturday Creek Cabin Mile 28 Glacier Highway Juneau
Airport NA-USA-Alaska Snowflake Lake v1.0 (5 nm N Talkeetna (PATK)

Now it becomes clear which is which and all is easy to sort as to what you want ON or OFF by what is added into the "Community" folder.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 10:54:42 PM by nbrich1 »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2020, 11:26:54 PM »
Some good ideas, Norm.  One may have to keep a cross reference of the new names back to the original names to search for possible updates/support for problems etc. 

Rod 

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2020, 04:31:51 PM »
Patch #2 Released:

Microsoft Flight Simulator Patch Version 1.8.3.0 Is Now Available!

September 16, 2020 | Posted by: Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

The primary focus of this patch is to address many of the « in-sim » issues reported by the community. We are constantly triaging the issues/feedback we have received to help plan our future patch work. Feedback from the community is a vital part of how we define our focus for each update. Thank you for all your help and we look forward to continuing working with the community to improve the Microsoft Flight Simulator experience.
PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT 

Optimized cockpit screen display when screens are not displayed on screen.

New option available to control cockpit screen update frequency.

Tweaked CPU thread priorities to reduce interruption of frame critical threads. 

Optimized loading system to reduce overall loading times. 

Optimized heavy airport scenes impact on CPU. 

Reduced the amount of GPU overdraw to improve GPU performance.

Memory optimizations to reduce software memory footprint and improve performance on memory limited computers.

Overall performance optimizations. 

ATC 

Incoming ATC Azure speech has now three different voices.

ATC voice gender is now based on the avatar of the pilot/copilot. 

Fix for the incorrect voice pack being used if the game is not localized in English and if the Windows Offline Text-to-Speech option is used. 

UI 

Filters and sorting have been improved in the marketplace. 

Manual cache layout has been improved and the download estimated time should now be correct. 

Improved support for gamepad navigation in many menus.
    Case sensitive search is now working properly in control screen.
    Search by axis in control screen has been fixed. 

Active pause button has been added in the toolbar. 

Pause button has been fixed in the Content manager. 

AERODYNAMICS 

Improved wind turbulence simulation to reduce horizontal turbulences.

Added simulation of low rpm piston engine vibrations on cockpit. 
    Added simulation of water particles (rain/clouds) density in aerodynamics => generates vibrations flying through clouds or rain.

Fixed wet surface friction and braking distances.
    Fixed live weather wind offset in higher latitude areas (America, Asia…) that was causing the 3kts Wind bug. 

AIRCRAFT
COCKPITS VISUALS AND ANIMATIONS

Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX: AP buttons animations have been fixed. 

Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX, Beechcraft Bonanza G36, ICON A5: placards have been updated. 
    Cessna 172 Skyhawk : compass texture have been improved. 

Zlin Savage Cub : tail wheel blur effect is now correctly triggered. 

Zlin Shock Ultra : arcs on airspeed indicator is correctly set. 

Zlin Shock Ultra : turbo mode has been removed from dashboard. 

Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : MCP buttons visual improvements. 

GENERAL AVIATION SYSTEMS

Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX : propeller sound has been improved when RPM is changing. 

Cessna Longitude : AP altitude and speed management improvements. 

Cessna Longitude : auto throttle is now inhibited during take off and until 400 feet AGL. 

Daher TBM 930 : yaw damper is now automatically turned on when the AP is enabled. 

Beechcraft King Air 350i : windshield deicing is now working. 

ICON A5 : « incorrect heading indicator » notification is now correctly triggered. 

Zlin Shock Ultra : flaps now operate mechanically instead of electrically. 

Zlin Shock Ultra : trim management improvements. 

Cessna Citation CJ4 : reverse thrust has been removed. 

Cub Crafter X Cub : IAS AP mode is now working properly. 

Daher TBM 930 and Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX : PT6 engines shutdown duration has been increased. 

GENERAL AVIATION AVIONICS

Cessna Longitude : several knobs of the G5000 are now working.

Beachcraft Baron G58, Beechcraft Bonanza G36, Cessna 172 Skyhawk G1000, Diamond DA40 NG : fixed missing ALT knob. 

Beechcraft King Air 350i : « menu » key is now working properly. 

Cessna 152 and 152 Aerobat : avionics state have been fixed using Honeycomb device battery switch. 

GNS 530 : flight plan display alignment has been fixed on the Garmin GNS 530. 

G1000 : automatically switches from NAV to LOC when needed. 

G1000 : ETE and ETA fixed wrong values. 

G1000/3000/3x : AP setup is no longer reset when enabling AP. 

G1000/3000/3x : fixed missing flight plan when the selected departure is coordinates on the world map. 

G3x : text size in « approach box » has been increased. 

G3x : approaches can now be selected and loaded. 

G3x : fixed bad information in nearest VOR page when unknown VOR is selected. 

AIRLINER SYSTEMS

General : AP behavior improvements.
    Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental : rear wheels steering has been fixed. 
    Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental : pressing the battery button now always display the ON part. 

Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental : improved flaps deployment and retraction sequences. 

Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : fixed auto–throttle not giving back control to the pilot when disabled. 

Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : center tanks drain first when decreasing fuel quantity via fuel and payload menu. 

Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : auto–throttle is now automatically disengaged when landing. 

Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : auto–throttle now engages correctly during take off roll when conditions are met. 

Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : alt intervention no longer needs to be pressed again when not needed. 

Airbus A320neo : automatic speed management improvements. 

Airbus A320neo : alpha floor condition is now correctly triggered. 

AIRLINER AVIONICS

General : weight is better taken into account for V speed calculations.

Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental : FMC now allows to activate approach without going to route page.

Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental : approach VREF speeds are fixed. 

Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental : empty rectangles no longer displayed on the FMA. 

Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental : runways are now displayed in correct order in the FMC. 

Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental : cruise altitude no longer automatically filled in the FMC.

Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : LNAV and VNAV correctly displayed as armed in FMA when conditions are met. 

Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : altitude target on MCP can no longer be set to negative values. 

Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : auto–throttle mode no longer displayed on FMA when auto–throttle is disabled. 

Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : fixed wrong flaps value displayed in the FMC take off page.

Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : target heading line on ND is no longer reset while in heading mode. 

Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : direct-to flight plans can now be entered in the FMC. 

Airbus A320neo : target altitude can now be changed when AP is disabled. 

Airbus A320neo : armed modes no longer appear in boxes on the FMA. 

Airbus A320neo : flaps « FULL » indication instead of « F » on ECAM. 

Airbus A320neo : FMGS message « INVALID ENTRY » replaced by « NOT ALLOWED ». 

Airbus A320neo : FMGS now only displays arrival procedures corresponding to the selected runway. 

Airbus A320neo : FMGS now correctly displays ETA for approach points. 

Airbus A320neo : removed remaining waypoints on ND after selecting different approach procedures. 

Airbus A320neo : fixed heading bug alignment offset issue. 

Airbus A320neo : fixed missing runway in the perf page of FMGS when a departure runway is already selected. 

Airbus A320neo : fixed constraints flickering on ND. 

Airbus A320neo : FMGS block fuel indication now correctly initialized. 

MISCELLANEOUS

Fixed freezes caused by glass cockpits. 

Travel to feature no longer disengages autopilot when used. 

WEATHER 

Fixed 225°/3kt issue with inconsistent wind in game. 

Fixed issue with weather persistency on flight restart. 

SERVICES 

Upgraded multiplayer servers. 

MARKETPLACE 

Rating display on bundles has been improved.

Performance drop after downloading an item in marketplace has been removed. 

An addon purchased outside of the marketplace no longer has an impact on the “Installed” filter in the marketplace as it is considered as a “community” content. 

CONTENT MANAGER 

Addon purchased outside of the marketplace now also visible in the Content manager when online, and offline if downloaded in the community folder.

3rd Party content thumbnail display improved.

Pause download during installation is fixed. 

LOCALIZATION 

Various typo fixes in multiple languages. 

ACCESSIBILITY 

Subtitles are now enabled by default.

Subtitle option has been moved from Sound menu to Accessibility so users can set it during initial install. 

CAMERAS 

Remove rotation clamp on “Instrument cameras”.

Pilot camera position can now be saved or reset. 

BUSH TRIPS 

Fix leg completion trigger.

Completionist achievement should now unlock when all activities have been completed.

WORLD 

Detected buildings that intersect roads are now excluded. 

Longer bridges are less prone to having a gap. 

UK city houses models should no longer appear in US suburbs.

“In The Wild” Achievement can now be unlocked

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2020, 06:10:32 PM »
Thanks, Norm!

Rod

xxd09

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2020, 04:50:35 AM »
I have a large water anomaly to the north at the end of Valdez Airport PAVD at the entrance to the glacier
Am I alone with this?
xxd09

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2020, 07:26:27 AM »
Don't know if this will help but try putting in the freeware add-ons if you haven;t done that yet:
Alaska water fixes and the Anchorage area water fixes.

LINK: to water fixes page at www.allflightmods.comhttp://www.allflightmods.com/?s=water
-----

There is also an MSFS2020 add-on for PAVD Valdez Pioneer Field.

LINK: http://www.allflightmods.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-2020/valdez-pioneer-field-alaska-icao-pavd-airport/

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2020, 08:08:32 AM »
I have a large water anomaly to the north at the end of Valdez Airport PAVD at the entrance to the glacier
Am I alone with this?
xxd09

Norm has given you two 3rd party addons that correct the issues.  However, everybody has the issue.  In general Alaska is a mess and Microsoft does not seem interested in fixing obvious anomalies which exist all over Alaska.  Apparently Microsoft would rather get the texture right on the C172 compass than address the horrible terrain issues and incorrect renering of airports in Alaska.  I know for a fact that more than one Beta tester pointed out the issues in the Valdez area as well as other Alaskan places during Alpha testing but nothing was done.  I am guessing it is just a lack of exisitng data which is how MSFS 2020 creates its world.  Maybe Orbx will address MSFS southern Alaska some time in the future.

Rod
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 08:24:47 AM by stiletto2 »