Author Topic: ORBX CZST and CIRP Base Scenery Issues  (Read 6085 times)

bt103504

Re: ORBX CZST and CIRP Base Scenery Issues
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2020, 01:29:49 AM »
here are the last few...

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2020, 09:50:48 AM »
Well some observations or a few things noticed on viewing the scenery.cfg (which includes all the add-ons- all minors and none of which should have any impact your scenery display.

RTMM and tongass activated by add-on. All Orbx is activated by scenery.cfg (except terraflora is done by an add-on. The two Env entries on top are also activated by add-on.

You know what you are doing BT! (A Compliment! Nice job).

here is a few quickies?

RTMM Global Scenery entry layer number for your system, to be perfectly correct should, be reduced by -17 or be configured to layer 17 layers lower in your order than present for correct placement- If you used the add-on.xml as is, then RTMM Global Scenery layer is specified as  <Layer>131</Layer>. For your setup
change the number in the add-on xml (open with notepad) for then 2nd entry down:

<Name>RTMM Global Scenery</Name>
        <Layer>131</Layer>

change it to read:

<Name>RTMM Global Scenery</Name>
        <Layer>114</Layer>

Then when you start your sim, of will appear at the entry "Global, Generic & Vehicle Libraries".

Now also notice with your vector entries that EXX is below Africa, not that it would make a difference but Africa should be above ALL the vector entries. So move Africa UP 4 slots and it will be with the rest of the continents and All vectors entries will be below ALL the named continents.

World Elevation Tongass Fjords could be lowered by 2 layers, and RTMM World AI Trrafic could be lowered by 1 layer.. but again should not change the layered display whatsoever..

All to say a couple of things come to mind.. autogen veg level and the vector settings and orbx verify.

Might want use verify on your Orbx scenery. expecially the OpenLC products (NAAmerica) and global if you have it as these place blg files right into the default sim scenery/texture folders. And try a verify on Stewart (Just in case).

It is a minor for sure but you can also try reducing your autogen veg setting down by one setting and try CZST again. If the same extra trees, keep that autogen veg setting the same but turn off vector and try it again.  If that CZST is that important then you can always to take out the CZST CIRP Operations base of the add-on and try it without. (I was under the impression that CZST was fine with either payware or default PJF).

Now Brad did that CIRP Stewart piece, will forward a link to this thread for his perusal.

Hope something in this helps BT.

Norm

« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 01:52:42 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

bt103504

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2020, 02:46:58 PM »
Norm thanks again for your thorough advice! You have been extremely thoughtful and insightful with this process. I know this is a bit of a headache when I could easily just disable the scenery so you being willing to dedicate the time to assist is much appreciated.

I went ahead and made the adjustment in the addon.xml for the RTMM Global Scenery entry. It was actually listed as <Layer>141</Layer> as opposed to 131. So I went ahead and moved it to 114 per your advice. Moved Africa up to coincide with the other continents in the sim as well. Didn't notice any display differences with the scenery.

I lowered my autogen tree density to "Very dense" instead of "extremely dense". Also went ahead and verified the PFJ and CZST sceneries from ORBX in ORBX central. Also went ahead and sync'd the sim via the help section in Central as well for good measure. Unfortunately, no joy.

Went ahead and disabled the CZST CIRP Base bgl and the issue still persists (see attached photo) which leads me to believe the CIRP base is not actually the culprit, there is another scenery entry within RTMM that is causing the display issue. I'm going to try to disable individual CIRP folders and then individual components within each folder to see if I can identify the culprit. I'll keep you posted with what I find.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2020, 03:33:30 PM »
Sounds like a plan.. and obvious that you know exactly what you're doing with the scenery bgls as well as the
add-on.xml stuff. Not very many understand all the pieces. Well done BT.

bt103504

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2020, 03:48:32 PM »
I finally resolved it (see attached will all CIRP RTMM enbabled). The culprit suprsingly was the "Birds-Bella Coola-Orcas Isl-PFJ folder. Specifically the "PFJ Birds CZST.bgl" Once I disabled the .bgl everything displayed properly.

Perhaps it was just my setup that caused the issue but might be worth looking into. There are 3 readme files. One specifically for the FTX Pacific Fjords that references an installer that is not included.
Thanks for all your hard work and assistance with this Norm!

For now I'll go ahead and disable the file because I'm not sure if its impacting other scenery as well. Let me know if you'd like me to do any additional testing.

-Ben

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2020, 04:06:51 PM »
     Just a quick question.  Where are you going in that plane?   ;D  Must be a rush delivery, eh.   ;)

Thanks for sleuthing this one out, Ben.   I've turned my copy of that file off in my sim too.  I also had a tree deficiency in my scenery.  ... never thought it was messed up though.  Am going to "check it out" now. 

Probably not in a jet though.  :P

edit:  Thanks, . . . moar treeeeees!!!  MuaHaahaaha!   ;D
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 04:56:07 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

kaha

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2020, 04:36:34 PM »
I finally resolved it (see attached will all CIRP RTMM enbabled). The culprit suprsingly was the "Birds-Bella Coola-Orcas Isl-PFJ folder. Specifically the "PFJ Birds CZST.bgl" Once I disabled the .bgl everything displayed properly....

Good work, Ben. Where is this .bgl file located? I don't even have it.

Thx,
Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2020, 04:56:03 PM »
It in the add-on Karl.. Just an extra easter egg piece.. that appears to have a crack in it? lol

I'll send it that piece to you as a separate.. you can play with it..
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 04:58:00 PM by nbrich1 »

kaha

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2020, 05:33:39 PM »
 ;D

Thx Norm.

Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2020, 05:39:07 PM »
     It appears to be only the darker, evergreen trees that are affected, or disabled by the bird sounds file.  Not all trees.  May be a clue in there somewhere.   ???  (Object ref. numbers, etc.)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

bt103504

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2020, 07:07:27 PM »
On a more funny note. Just completed a test flight and all looks amazing. Was horrified upon landing to notice there was a wolf and sheep on the runway. Thank you Wildlife+ for keeping things interesting lol.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2020, 10:20:18 PM »
     That is funny! ;D
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 10:23:29 PM by jeff3163 »