Author Topic: ORBX CZST and CIRP Base Scenery Issues  (Read 6087 times)

bt103504

ORBX CZST and CIRP Base Scenery Issues
« on: September 08, 2020, 09:21:22 PM »
Greetings friends! I was hoping someone could help me with understanding what I'm doing wrong. I have installed RTMM through the addon xml process for p3dv4  and followed the guide religiously. I also have ORBX PFJ and the CZST payware as well. However, the scenery doesn't look quite right. Not sure if the visual concerns I'm seeing are visible to anyone else flying in the region.

For starters the grass in the CZST payware pops in as you move down the runway. (Scenery complexity is set as high as it can go in P3D settings). Also appears to be missing a lot of buildings and trees around the runway as well. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Here are some photos for references

bt103504

Re: ORBX CZST and CIRP Base Scenery Issues
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 12:46:07 PM »
Sorry I think that perhaps I didn't include enough comparison to what the scenery is supposed to look like. I went into my p3dv4 scenery library and disabled the RTMM addon sceneries (added through the XML process) but left the FSAddon TFJ enabled along with the ORBX PFJ enabled as well. The scenery now looks as it should. Note many more trees visible and landclass/autogen appears correctly.

Is there something in the CIRP scenery causing this issue? Was hoping to use the CZST CIRP Base but not at the loss of the fidelity of the CZST addon.

I know there is some discrepancy in the readme's of the CZST CIRP Operations base. The RTMM scenery page states "NOTAM: This scenery works with the default CZST and the Orbx payware product 'CZST Stewart Airport'." However, the readme in the file notes that it does not. Is there a missing file in the download for the CZST payware option?

Thanks!

Dieter

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 05:07:22 AM »
hmmm...

I have all RTMM sceneries installed, aditionally many ORBX sceneries including Orbx CZST payware and of course FsAddon Tongass. I don't have the problems you mentioned.

I wonder, do you have the insertion points set correctly in Orbx Central?
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

bt103504

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 08:51:24 AM »
Dieter, thanks so much for your response. I appreciate you being willing to help me investigate the issue. Attached is a screenshot of my library insertion points in ORBX Central. Let me know if seeing a copy of my scenery library would be helpful as well.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 12:42:30 PM »
No problems here at CZST. Your insertion points look fine.. but your actual scenery order has to reflect that ordering.. (Which is 3rd part on top, followed by FTX Regions/Airport, followed by Tongass, followed by any Open LC, bases, vector, balanda of default bases.. Orbx Central v4x can do lots of weird stuff by mixing up layering - especially in P3D4 and v5 where they use the add-on methodology (unless the user forces a conventional ORBX folder inside the sim and uses the scenery.cfg to order instead of using add-on.xml for add-ons.
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

bt103504

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2020, 06:42:34 PM »
Hmm I may end up removing the RTMM addon and instead doing it the more traditional route. Is there any easy way I could have someone review my scenery library order to see if there is an easy fix that I'm missing before starting over?

Thank you both!

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2020, 09:53:49 PM »
Hey - just thinking about this more.. if you have rtmm in (using the add-on), and you have Orbx add-ons in then your top insertion point is incorrect- hence your Orbx will be on top of the RTMM Add-on stuff.

(I assume that your did Tongass conventionally (and not by add-on.xml

Do this: (Found on page 11 of the RTMM Add-on ser guide):

Create two new Scenery entries in your sim scenery library:  These are empty but are used to set correct scenery blocks in your sim library.

a.   Create/add a phantom scenery entry-folder to be used for the ORBX Central TOP insertion point.
Perhaps call it "3rd Party Top"\add a sub folder “scenery”.

b.   2- Create/add a phantom scenery entry-folder to be used for the ORBX Central BOTTOM insertion point. Perhaps call it "OpenLC add-ons bottom"\add a sub folder “scenery”. 

** If you have a convention Tongass (entries by Scenery.cfg), then this step is not required).

c.   Go to Orbx Central - Settings > Insertion Points >>  Scroll to/set the top insertion point as follows:
Orbx Region/Airports placed below: >> 3rd Party Top
d.   Scroll to/set the bottom insertion point as follows: > Orbx OpenLC >> Placed below >>  OpenLC add-ons bottom
e.   Go to Orbx Central - Settings > Help tab > and select “Sync” >> “Sync” twice and then close Orbx Central.
f.   Start sim and check your scenery library.. Orbx Regions/Airports should now be positioned below the entry “3rd Party Top” and the RTMM components should be above that “3rd Party Top” entry except for the RTMM World AI traffic and RTMM Global Scenery entries which are placed lower in the scenery library).

bt103504

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2020, 08:00:38 PM »
Norm thanks for the additional suggestions. I have made the additional edits you suggested by adding the phantom scenery entries to allow for better sorting through ORBX central. I went ahead and made the edits as you suggested but still have my scenery appearing as pictured below. Is this appearing the same for everyone else or is it supposed to look different?

Tongass is actually entered as a addon.xml as opposed to the standard entry. However, Tongass does not appear to be the issue because when I disabled the RTMM scenery addon entry and only had the ORBX scenery and tongass addon active CZST showed up correctly.

Is there an easy way for someone to review my scenery entries to see if I messed anything up?

Thanks!

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2020, 09:32:40 PM »
If you have tongass as an add-on then your bottom insertion point that was set up in orbx central is also incorrect. So then item b. Applies:

b.   2- Create/add a phantom scenery entry-folder to be used for the ORBX Central BOTTOM insertion point. Perhaps call it "OpenLC add-ons bottom"\add a sub folder “scenery”.

Additionally you must specify layer numbers for both tongass higher and tongass lower so that their layering places those two entries, hight over lower, right above the openLC entries. Should be around 130 or so ( from the bottom) (depending on your number of entries that are setup  below).

A snapshot of your scenery.cfg (with all add-ons enabled) is the only way to see the entire layering order..(alwats work for the bottom up.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 10:17:45 PM by nbrich1 »

bt103504

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2020, 10:09:42 PM »
Norm, sorry for being such a pain. I really appreciate all the help you are offering, one of the many reasons why I love this community so much! Here are some screenshots of my scenery ordering.

bt103504

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2020, 10:10:28 PM »
more...

bt103504

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2020, 10:11:36 PM »
more...

bt103504

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2020, 10:12:31 PM »
Here are the other relevant entries. There are of course more below this that I can provide if necessary.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2020, 11:28:55 PM »
Looks ok so far.. except entex and entsound should be at bottom, not top, but that shouldn't make any different..

Keep going to the bottom.....

bt103504

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2020, 01:28:57 AM »
Thanks for investigating Norm. Here are the remaining scenery entries as requested!