Author Topic: Freeware PAVD !  (Read 2621 times)

Penzoil3

Freeware PAVD !
« on: September 02, 2020, 01:12:04 AM »
https://www.msfsaddons.org/freeware/pavd-alaska

Lots of freeware goodies there...
 Sue

FSRobert

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Videography & Scenery Testing
Re: Freeware PAVD !
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 03:17:11 AM »
I downloaded it this morning... will give it a whirl after work.

All these cool freeware sceneries sure makes RTMM a real possibility in MSFS. :)
Keep The FSFaith People

https://vimeo.com/channels/mistymooringvideography

kaha

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 07:53:16 AM »
I also will take a look.

Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

xxd09

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2020, 12:50:59 PM »
Shame there is a great lump of misplaced scenery at the glacier entrance at the end of the runway
Not cured by the latest Alaskan Scenery Addon for scenery faults of this type in Alaska
Will be fixed in due course no doubt
xxd09

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2020, 01:19:51 PM »
Neat little packages ... drives me nuts, if we had IS3 and objects, we could blow these away ... but you wouldn't believe the (unnecessary) complexity of 2020 SDK.  Alaska is a BLANK SLATE ... there's literally nothing up there except airports. Maybe someday .....

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2020, 09:20:35 AM »
I have been talking to Henrik and I am sure the will be marine traffic.  His group has made some progress and he assured me that he would stay in touch with me.  The fishing industry has collapsed and I need those boats working. 

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2020, 10:46:46 AM »
Neat little packages ... drives me nuts, if we had IS3 and objects, we could blow these away ... but you wouldn't believe the (unnecessary) complexity of 2020 SDK.  Alaska is a BLANK SLATE ... there's literally nothing up there except airports. Maybe someday .....

Came across this little item/program that may be of some help for fast creation of airports/air strips.

(Found on another freeware site - https://www.nexusmods.com/microsoftflightsimulator)

About this mod - Tool that will allow easy generation of basic airport runways in MSFS 2020:
Originally conceived to assist the community at FS Economy, this application will allow rapid deployment of airports that may be missing within Microsoft Flight Simulator.

The short term goal is to provide rudimentary runways for any ICAO you desire. Long term goal is to develop the mod for rapid construction of airports.
LINK: https://www.nexusmods.com/microsoftflightsimulator/mods/111
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Doug

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2020, 11:51:48 AM »
I put in that PAVD ... for a "quickie" generated airport ... it looks pretty good!

Dan

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2020, 02:24:46 PM »
I'm curious what that mod does that's different than the built-in developer mode.  I've been tinkering with airport creation, here's what it looks like in-game, pretty much the same as that mod.

I'll have to try it out.   My main problem is that I'm trying to make a simple dirt airstrip, which looks fine from the air, but when you get on the ground the "default grass" overrides it making it blend in with the surroundings and just generally looks bad.  Asphalt doesn't do this, it knocks the grass out.    If I could solve this issue, I think I could make some small sceneries/airports that look decent.  Here's the grass issue I'm talking about:

Looks fine from above

Blends in with the surrounding at ground level

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2020, 03:07:36 PM »
Dan,

I haven't used the scenery editor etc. but from my reading, I am wondering whether you are Terraforming the terrain of the runway via the Material Editor by selecting the proper material and clicking the box beside the word "surface"?

Rod

Dan

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2020, 03:28:22 PM »
Terraforming is a separate option.    Yes, you use the material browser to select a material and then apply it to the runway by clicking on the box next to "Surface" under the materials section.    What's strange is now when I go back in and edit my airport today, asphalt isn't even removing grass anymore (it was last night and the previous few days) so I have no idea what's going on anymore.    :o     

There's definitely a lot of trial and error with this, and I'm gradually beginning to think that it's just better off to give it some time for better documentation and tools instead of hitting my head against a wall all day.   ;D

Doug

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2020, 03:54:38 PM »
Just got good news from Jon at Scruffy Duck...the ADE for FS2020 is in ALPHA. They are working on it, no release date yet.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2020, 04:19:37 PM »
Hi Dan,  Doug,

Yes, there are an enormous amount of flaky things going on with MSFS2020.  The save flight is quite weird also :).  ADE for MSFS2020 may be a a great thing!

Rod