Author Topic: Is your pit a tip? MSFS Encounters of the first kind...  (Read 2478 times)

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
Is your pit a tip? MSFS Encounters of the first kind...
« on: August 28, 2020, 01:52:16 PM »
Well, Old One-Eye's is becoming homelier by the day. One day, once I have understood the dark and arcane art of creating liveries, I may even add some of the features you see here. Dogs optional of course.

Yes, that is a very fine 19 year old single malt - I have run out of Uncle Elmer's number 5 (that was something One-Eye used to smug... erm... deliver to any bush field from his days at Emma Field for those who remember)

Three monitors? Yup - all connected to a dual Geforce 1070, so all work in harmony. But as we have all already discovered, the Fjords are currently very poorly populated, Perhaps there's a secret deal between MSFS and ORBX - have you seen what they have produced already?

As for MSFS - there will be a few grumbles and complaints for a while yet, but the weather and that fraught butt-clenching flying is here already. Just select a typical alaska type day and fly around PNW looking for Cushman and Bear Gulch... some lovely One-Eye delivery weather there! Won't catch the rev'noo in the air on days like that!

Which is why we need a Beaver (The DHC2 kind, ya dirty minded lot!) Half a ton, anywhere, any place, any time.

Have fun until someone get's into Alaska - but never forget - the crash average in real Alaska is between one and two aircraft a day.

(probably mostly folk avoiding that Beaver "Dirty Gertie" that keeps dodging around with no lights on and below the radar...
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Is your pit a tip? MSFS Encounters of the first kind...
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 03:00:09 PM »
Yes, lovely weather.   :o ;D  Nice setup, although not 42" models.   ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 03:47:50 PM »
Naaahhh... 32's just fit the desk - 42's would have been "interesting"
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 04:50:06 PM »
Naaahhh... 32's just fit the desk - 42's would have been "interesting"

I got rid of my desk.  It was in the way (of my pedal hardware).  ;D
(wall mounts work great for support.)  I do like the curve of your monitors though.

<--- See?!   :P
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 09:45:38 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P