Author Topic: Kicks the door in...  (Read 3350 times)

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
Kicks the door in...
« on: August 26, 2020, 02:51:05 PM »
"Honey, I'm Hoooome"

Hi everyone, Old One-Eye is back after years of retirement. Unfortunately with msfs 2020 though, and I am pretty sure most of you active folk are a bit miffed (to quote John Cleese) that the 2020 version of our "Airspace" means a lot of work.

So, how are you all? Surviving I hope. Any plans for 2020 activities? It may all seem like eye candy at first and I am experiencing too many bugs for my liking - but it will get better and our home could probably benefit from a bit of polishing.

Or at least a couple of good bottles of 15+ year old single malt of your choosing...
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Kicks the door in...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 04:05:08 PM »
Hey there, One-eye!  Welcome back!  Though I have wasn't on the team when you were active, I certainly have enjoyed some of you fine work. 

We have had an active discussion on MSFS2020 going.  If you jump to this page   https://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=4937.45 and read down a bit to reply #59, I posted a rather long set of thoughts about MSFS2020 and RTMM.  The thread does continue with additional thoughts.   Take a look if you get a chance.

Rod

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 05:14:43 PM »
Hey "One-eye",
     Wow, welcome back.  Good to see you popping in!   8)   :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 05:17:31 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2020, 11:41:37 AM »
I am getting used to 2020, but it is rather lacking the most important bush plane going - the DHC2, of course. The other annoyance is that to get real weather at a time that suits me would mean me having to fly later in the day. Time zones...

There are too many glass cockpitted aircraft nowadays, lets get some traditional life going...
All the best,

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2020, 02:23:43 PM »

Hi there Chris.. welcome back.

MSFS 2020 is not close to being ready for prime time for the most part. If you want a variation of bush planes (without glass) and rtmm etc and perhaps with all the world airports, you'll have to revert to your previous sim for a bit. Lol

Welcome back again
Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2020, 04:31:04 PM »
Misty's happy again seeing your familiar face Chris.

Welcome back!

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2020, 04:56:21 PM »
Hello One-eye,
Welcome back at RTMM!

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2020, 05:23:22 PM »
I have now had the opportunity to have a fly or three around Ketchikan, Bella Coola, Annette Island some more. There are a couple of odd terrain "funnies" to be found, fly north from Bella Coola a mile or two...

But the region is fairly gentle on my PC - I barely notice FPS drop or increase changing the visuals from high to ultra and back. The only problems seem to be high density areas such as a few miles around New York. Even ORBX London City and Landmarks hardly eat FPS. Building new sceneries might be a bind, but apparently "porting" is possible.

We shall see.

All the best,

bonnieshona

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2020, 05:37:40 PM »
Welcome back one eye. I personally have missed most of your work and I hope you have a lot in store for us.
Yes I too am also having some issues but with time all will be better. I believe we will all survive.