Author Topic: Misty hop #6 part 2.  (Read 3246 times)

WeDGe

• You cant take it with ya
Misty hop #6 part 2.
« on: April 25, 2011, 11:40:00 PM »
Spud said the camp grounds in here .we,re almost on top of it.

where the hell maybe over the next ridge.

Nothing to see here , it helps to actually add the scenery in the library ...oops well onto prayer lake , after you guys.

I,ll remeber that peak in the distance for next time i,m out this way.

Next stop prayer lake and the weather seams to be getting better.

by this time i figured ,i,ll just follow spud, he knows where everything is.

both spud and jeff searching real hard for prayer lake .

its always just over the next ridge.

there she blows and spuds the first one in.

Its a small lake had to make room for jeff coming in hot.

the boys all lined up and raring to go.

anyone for some ice skating.

Jeff was my wing man for awhile.

we decided to amend the flight plan and just go direct to seawell lodge..enough searching for 1 flight.

out over the flats the wind blows away the fog.

i dont no about you but i,m ready for a beer at seawell,

seawell lodge i can almost smell the beer....on finals

short final.

really short final dont forget to flare.

Nice landing spud.

and its jeff,s turn with a little cross wind.

what do ya say 1 more short hop to masset .

I follow roads.

masset ahead.

home of the biggest NDB i,ve ever seen.

we,ll i dont usually spend 3 and a half hours on these MP flights , i generally shoot for about 2 hrs, but between the flightplan miles and locations being screwy and searching for these little tiny tiny scenery areas, it added up thanks for flying with me . this thursday i think just 1 hard to find location will do..cheers WeDGe.

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
Re: Misty hop #6 part 2.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 04:49:39 PM »
Thanks for posting part2 of your Flight session!
There are some really nice pictures! 8)

Prayer Lake is well hidden but a really nice place
....Hey, but what happened to the one in the middle of you when lining up on the lake?
I hope he`s O.K. and didn`t get wet feet? ;)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 05:44:29 PM by corbu1 »

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 08:17:24 PM »
....Hey, but what happened to the one in the middle of you when lining up on the lake?
I hope he`s O.K. and didn`t get wet feet?

Hey Klaus,  that was me in the water there.  No wet feet.  I was actually flying in a Grumman Goose G21A.  But to Wedge, (who doesn't have that plane) I looked like a C172.  I don't have the plane he is flying, so he looked like a C172 to me.  In my simulator, his plane is floating above the ground by about 3 or 4 feet.  I can see by the picture that he sees my plane buried in the ground (or the water) by about 2 feet.  I wonder why there is an elevation difference between our planes.

In the last picture, I am in the Ultralite Trike.  That is a default aircraft, so everyone has it.  That's why it shows correctly on Wedge's computer.  And I notice we are at the same elevation in that picture, too.  It must have something to do with the types of planes we are in, versus the one displayed.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 08:26:04 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 03:30:29 AM »
Hi Jeff,
Thanks for explaining this!
... First as I saw the picture there`s need for the RTMM ketchikan rescue heli service... ;)

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 08:55:56 AM »
This quirk was covered in another post about multi-player.  All participants MUST have the same aircraft in their 'hangar' for the correct display of other players aircraft.  If you use and addon aircraft that another player does not have on his computer your aircraft will show as a default, not as the addon.  I saw the 'Goose' as just that.  Apparently in Wedge's case he does not have the default 'Goose' G21A on his FSX installation.
I was flying an addon Maule 260 amphibian by Nor-Cal that is why, in the screen shots it appears that I'm flying the default Maule.  The difference in alt. is caused by the fact that the 'Goose' sits low in the water, the Beaver on floats Wedge was flying and the Maule on floats I was in sit high above the water.
Multi-player has a few of these little quirks that tend to degrade the experience unless you know the reason for them.
 8)
Later,

Spud