Author Topic: MS Flight Simulator 2020 First Look  (Read 15742 times)

FSRobert

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Videography & Scenery Testing
Re: MS Flight Simulator 2020 First Look
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2020, 06:47:49 AM »
Simply as AMAZING as these videos are for a simulator at 60 bucks...one can opt for a more deluxe version which provides more hand crafted airports and what looks like high quality aircrafts in fact all of the default aircraft look payware quality at a high level as well and at 60 or 119 USD one still gets the same base simulator already packed full of addons which one would pay hundreds of dollars for but, already comes with the base game. The weather engine alone is second to none at this point and it cones with the game.
NO OTHER producer of a Flight Simulator at the moment can even come close to what MSFS 2020 has accomplished with worldwide breathtaking coverage at the selling price of 60 bucks Please keep in mind the videos are Alpha builds. No doubt the Beta has improvements and the release version even more.
xPlane and P3D studios really need to step it up BIG TIME to complete IMHO. 

...just remember nothing is perfect out of the box with FS... it’s always a involving process... always work in progress just like RTMM always something to improve. 
Keep The FSFaith People

https://vimeo.com/channels/mistymooringvideography

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2020, 07:46:06 PM »
Zoolander 64  has set up some interesting info sessions on the Teamspeak TS3 digital theme park, flight division server,  starting tomorrow concerning the upcoming release of MSFS 2020.

Discussions/info sessions on various aspects of simming and thus new sim release will be starting tomorrow Wed Aug 12th and will run daily through to the big release of MSFS 2020 on Aug.18th.

(TeamSpeak, -->connect to the ts3.digitalthemepark.com server)

For more details, information, session times etc see Zoolander64's post on this site or go direct to the digital theme park website..(hosted by Zoolander64).
Link below:

https://digitalthemepark.com/2020/08/11/microsoft-flight-simulator-release-party/

Norm

PS: for those unaware we also have TS3 comms (MFC-RTMM channel) on this same digital theme park server (for group flights etc) and we also have another comms server on Discord.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 01:31:01 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2020, 11:31:04 PM »
Hi guys. I've been gone for over a year due to the Camp Fire. Feel like a third world foreign exchange student dropped into a college prep course. I was a MSFSXdx10 simmer. I read about this new release coming out some time ago so thought I'd wait before jumping back in whole-hog. Now's the time. My questions are basic at this point. Will this be a matter of simply deleting MSFSX and installing MS2020 in its place? Will my ORBX, RTMM packages and 3rd party AC work? (Beaver, Carenado). DX10 gone? Steve's Fixer no longer needed?

Makes my head swim. Is this basically a stand-alone sim? A little overwhelming. Thanks for your indulgence.
Jsapair

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2020, 07:42:40 PM »
FSXX is a new sim and it appears to have some of the FSX DNA.  All existing aircraft, sceneries and AI will require conversion.  Orbx has announced the beginning of conversion of some of their airports for a minimal fee. 

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2020, 10:36:09 PM »
Thanks, Dex. Kinda what I figured. Stand alone until AC and sceneries become converted and available. Where is RTMM on this? Is anything compatable at this point?
Jsapair

Dieter

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2020, 03:50:54 AM »
"""Where is RTMM on this? Is anything compatable at this point?"""

According to all informations available so far, I'm afraid the RTMM sceneries will not be compatible at the moment.
Even the SDK/software development kit will also not be part of the 08.18.2020 release.
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2020, 04:56:40 PM »
I've been watching everything there is to see on YouTube (Squirrel and Aussie are best). After spending so much time, it is almost like having actually flown it. But from everything I can see, "our" area has been totally left out. To start with, we will have one amphib (Icon) ... which is "iffy" for water operations (no drag to stop) ... and nothing to "go look at" except another airport. It is a totally different kind of flying. 

From an "inside source" ... the cabins, of course, won't be there UNLESS Bing sees them through the foliage and then if Blackshark AI "sees them" they will probably set down a little commercial building rather than a cabin.  So the "RTMM Experience" just isn't going to be there.

As Dieter said, the SDK for the Developers isn't even out yet or a part of the release. And it is confirmed "our stuff" will not work in the new sim.   I really believe that sooner or later ORBX or someone like them will discover the huge "niche" of Alaska, water operations, Cabins, etc is totally there for the pickings. Everybody is excited about the new MAPS (airports) being designed ... I've never really understood why you want to pay GOOD money for an airport, then get in a plane and leave it behind. The default airports in FS2020 look pretty darned good anyway.

I'm pretty sure I will thoroughly enjoy the new simulator (I'm getting it thru Steam) and will probably spend hours with it. But I'm betting after I've "done it" for a while, I will probably RETURN to Misty Moorings. The P3D V5 scenery is beautiful, the V5 sim is nearly flawless and all of our addons are working so well. I'm betting I won't be the only one thoroughly excited about FS2020, but one who will also "come home" to Misty Moorings. Nothing like leaving a USFS cabin toward dusk and flying HOME!

Doug

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2020, 08:07:10 PM »
Here are my latest observations.:
I am starting to see issues showing up as users start posting videos of flying etc. 

MFS2020 seems to have numerous issues when operating at water level.....when waves are big you can see water drawing issues around an Icon A5 when it hits the water.   I am guessing Asobo has a bunch of work to do before floatplane operations will be fully viable.

Ground issues away from airports seem to show various object problems below rooftop level.  I am sure that will be improved before helicopters are available. 

There is also seems to be significant lighting issues when seeing conventional objects with many vertices intermixed with photogrammetry derived objects.   

Choosing text for ATC response is so 90s.  Where is the voice recognition like VoxATC. 

There is no doubt that MFS2020 is a beautiful panorama.  As always with new sims, its the close up details that are a challenge.   MFS2020 is planning an update once/month.  They definitely will need it.  And, once the 3rd parties really get going, this sky is the limit for the future possiblities this are offered by MFS2020.

Hold on to your FSX and P3D sims (especially P3Dv5) because I think they will be the sims of choice for continuing operations in the RTMM world for some time to come.  That said, I can't wait to try FS2020 out in another day or so.

Rod

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2020, 02:44:53 AM »
Hi Guys I'm ready for To nihgt download 90giga  :o
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2020, 01:57:33 PM »
What a ratty way to download!  I downloaded the "steam" software last night at 12:15 am. But that was ONLY THE Client for Steam! It didn't mention there was another 90Gig waiting for me in the morning. Started the download, at 7 or 90 GB downloaded had to install the new FS2020 version of NVidia driver. This knocked out my download and now I get to start over! There was no way it knew how to "pick up where it left off).  It is literally going to take me a couple of days to get this downloaded.  (So far, I'm not impressed!)

kaha

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2020, 02:19:24 PM »
Somewhere in Austria:

https://vimeo.com/448942559

Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2020, 03:01:54 PM »
Way to go Karl!! Haven't even bothered with it yet.

Honestly, hate to say but not really impressed, looks more like a game than a sim. A hud and chart gauges..hmmm in GA aircraft? Flight path outlines.. Looks more tailored to new simmers. Orbx port over airports. (And I really don't need to find my house! - I know where is it is!)

I'm thinking that I'll be waiting a wee bit before taking a 159.99 (CAD) plux tax plunge for the MSFS2020 (premium/deluxe version).

FSRobert

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Videography & Scenery Testing
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2020, 03:54:39 PM »
Brilliant video karl!

Say what you want its a great sim... yes work in progress but wow it a beautiful experience at least for me. Ok Microsoft and it authorization procedures is a bit strict...lol

The learning curve in the sim for me are the key Commands. After 25 years with basically using the same ones and now something different but after a hour or two in the sim it was getting better.

It’s not a P3D world that’s for sure FSXX seems gigantic in comparison to the overall ground area in P3D.

I flew around PAKT area in liquid smoothness with a flight environment to die for... the TREES WOW!

Flew over many RTMM areas and even over to Misty’s Place. Of course no RTMM scenery was there but it’s waiting. 

Like everything new it is a learning curve and things are different. 

Keep The FSFaith People

https://vimeo.com/channels/mistymooringvideography

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2020, 05:12:02 PM »
Somewhere in Austria:

https://vimeo.com/448942559

Karl

Nice video, Karl!  Thanks!    I have been flying MFS2020 in various areas for about 7 hours now.  Many, many areas are superb (once you get used to the solid block bridges outside of some of the top city airports).  It is a monumental accomplishment!  It is too bad that Alaska just does not have the data to feed the MS2020 engine like so many places in the world do.  So far, Alaska is the weakest area I have flown over.

I hope Pete make FSUIPC for MFS2020 so my instruments and secondary displays can connect to MFS2020.  We shall see.  There are many things missing for a home cockpit user.  No pop up windows etc.

But the beauty of a good portion of the world is really captured in this new sim!

Rod

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2020, 05:22:15 PM »
FSUIPC7 already in Beta form - (for MSFS only) (by Dowson) It might work for your instruments -

FSUIPC7 is being released as a beta-version. It is currently not possible to purchase a license, but
a time-limited license, valid until the end of October 2020, is included in the download. We hope to
have a release version ready by then, if not I will extend the beta license.

LINK:
https://forum.simflight.com/topic/90193-fsuipc7-beta-for-msfs/   or
http://www.fsuipc.com/download/FSUIPC7.zip

Norm
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 05:27:00 PM by nbrich1 »