Author Topic: Poll: What Sim do you use?  (Read 19927 times)

rizal rivai

Re: Poll: What Sim do you use?
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2020, 08:46:18 PM »
Hello, I'm new to RTMM, but all my flying so far has been with FSX : ACCELERATION

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2020, 09:12:17 PM »
Thank you, and welcome.  8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2020, 07:38:16 AM »
Probably because people are just cruising through to see what the thread is about and not voting, or else not seeing the voting choices at the top of the thread.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2020, 09:25:58 AM »
Probably because people are just cruising through to see what the thread is about and not voting, or else not seeing the voting choices at the top of the thread.

Steve
That's exactly what I was thinking too. 

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2020, 11:47:30 PM »
For some reason there are many more views than votes.  Weird.  :o

Please vote, even if you're a "guest" of the community.   ;)

Thanks.  8)
8)  Bump  ;)
To Top of Page:-->https://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=4907.0
(opens in new window)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 11:54:08 PM by jeff3163 »

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2020, 07:56:10 AM »
Jeff,
In my opinion, in this day and age of evolving flight simulators and their versions, this is an important issue. I wonder if this topic and poll could get it's own, separate, forum heading?

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2020, 09:21:35 AM »
Jeff,
In my opinion, in this day and age of evolving flight simulators and their versions, this is an important issue. I wonder if this topic and poll could get it's own, separate, forum heading?

Steve

Yes, please.

Vincederio

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2020, 02:45:13 PM »
Hi all,
I have been using FSX since 2006 and it took me 10 years to acquire the equipment to make it run properly.
I do not feel the need to switch to P3D now and I am in no hurry to switch to 2020 too.
Everything comes just in time who knows how to wait. but it is true that this new opus is enticing.
un bel avion est un avion qui vole bien. M.D.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2020, 01:36:15 AM »
Hi all,
I have been using FSX since 2006 and it took me 10 years to acquire the equipment to make it run properly.
I do not feel the need to switch to P3D now and I am in no hurry to switch to 2020 too.
Everything comes just in time who knows how to wait. but it is true that this new opus is enticing.

Thanks.  I think many are feeling the same as you do.   ;)  Did you mark a vote for FSX? 

I am surprised there are no votes yet for P3dv1-3.   :o
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 01:44:06 AM by jeff3163 »

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2020, 07:54:49 AM »
All depends on who and their personality and their aspirations or ability as well as their "importance" level as well as financial ability, level of simmer: serious or casual,  time allocation etc etc .. like anything.

Some want to progress to the latest technology while others are content to stay with what they have or where they are. All fine and neither is wrong by any means-  and it's all up to the individual: dependent on various personal wants or conditions experience/familiarity of computers and sim structure or even external constraints.  Like buying a brand new car - some do, some don't, some could while some others can't.

I fly online with several world flying groups: I would have to say that from all the various simmers out there in my circles the ranking/popularity of these right now would suggest to be:

1. P3Dv4.5 (HF2 or HF3)
2. P3Dv5 (HF2) Quickly gaining popularity.  Most dev's now are in full development of P3Dv5 add-ons while decreasing for the previous sims.
3. FSX-Boxed or FSX-SE - was the #1 popular since it was created in 2006 and ran strong until @2017 or so since there really was no other competitive or popular sims out there. (LM/P3D took over FSX and it's development (P3D) in 2010). Many still run the 2006 FSX or SE version but less and less as time goes on.
But then there are flight groups that have to stay in or are to a specific sim: ie:dedicated to fsx or fsx-se like Eastern hops because they fly multiplayer via the steam network (fse-se).

But that also limits involvement.. can't fly there unless you run fsx-se which is older technology as compared to current Sims. But again all depends what the end user prefers or wants to do in their own sim world.

PS: In the P3D world.. not any still using P3Dv1,2 or 3: except v3 mostly for those dev's in scenery development for FSX through P3Dv4.  Most "simmers" in the "P3D" world have progressed to P3Dv4 (4.5) (great sim) and now beyond going to P3Dv5/HF2 which is a big step above even P3Dv4.5. Performance good, graphics excellent as compared to any previous.

-----------------------------------------------

There are a few OTHER sims out there that are totally different in their makeup. X-Plane 11-good graphics, but less add-on products but many devs (including ORBX) are developing for XP11. Great graphics but not as popular as it is a totally different sim structure (not in the MS/LM family of sims so to speak) so that is limiting it's popularity and growth. The same but to even a lesser extent there is Aerofly FS2 -whatever it is!.  Many devs that we are familiar (except perhaps Orbx) don't even bother developing for X-Plane or AFS2. 

But then Microsoft Flight SIM 2020 is still also supposed to be coming? That is supposed to be the next new generation of sim? We'll see.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 11:45:29 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Vincederio

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2020, 12:32:17 PM »
Hello
This is a relevant analysis. This is exactly what I think. Thanks Norm.
And to answer you Jeff, yes I voted. And this is the first time that I have voted in America ...... ;) ;) ;)
un bel avion est un avion qui vole bien. M.D.

Dieter

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2020, 07:39:43 AM »
The lack of interest in this survey is frightening!  Meanwhile the forum has almost 1500 registered members - up to now 26 users have voted.
Subtracting  the (approximately) 10 Staff members, which probably voted, just 16 "normal" users took part.
Again, very frightening.
And this is not because the forum readers didn't find the poll. They just don't read the forum  regularily or not even at all.

Already in May 2015 I pointed out the grievance between registered members and active members:
https://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=2631.msg21753#msg21753
"Some personal considerations"

This discrepancy still exists today and has become even greater. The number of "card oaks" (members who only exist on paper - who only register and lack the courtesy to introduce themselves in the forum) is probably now over 1000.

And the names of the really active users who participate in the forum are unfortunately hardly higher than 25 to 30. You always reads postings from same members. Now and then, but very rarely, a new name appears.
The language barrier should no longer be a reason these days.There is very acceptable free translation software.
For me, it's a certain disinterest, because most of the registered members do not or hardly read the forum. Why should they still be listed in the member list? They are no members! Many of them are just "download hunters". It is very easy to register and then they get a lot of excellent software for free without any interest in RTMM and the forum.

An outsider or a statistician  would easily get the idea while reading these numbers: In this forum an enormous effort is done to create free flight simming software on a very high level for very few interested people.

Well, again my question, why not deleting these names  from the member list who never wrote a word in the RTMM-forum. It wouldn't make a difference for RTMM if there are "just" 300 subscribed users instead of 1500 of which most are not active.
Small but nice should be the motto!

Additionally one shouldn' t place too much emphasis on a significant number of inveterate simmers joining RTMM. The number of pilots being interested in flying business airliners such as Boeing, Airbus or others is still emminently high.

Well, it is as it is, we'll continue to enjoy the great sceneries that RTMM has given us in the many years of existence. This is only due to the high commitment of the staff who deserves our recognition.

With this in mind, may RTMM continue to open its doors for a long time to come!
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2020, 11:20:57 AM »
I sure hear you Dieter.. I think it is everything. Those involved in various levels from the dedicated core group down to the occasional user drop in.. then the rest which join groups then never to get involved or take part period.

MFC.. we have 130 pilots now.. joined at various times during the last 2 years: of those there is the core group of about 30 pilots who fly most if the time (and most are also involved here on the RTMM forum.. then there is a middle group who like to fly but due to various constraints don't fly as often as they would like to but do when possible.. then there is the last group which makes about , I would say just over 1/3 of the pilots who joined but never appeared again and never took part to even fly one flight...Or flew just once and never appeared again. . no flights, no involvement just a number on the roster.
So far had left the "absents* on the roster.. but since they are maintained in the active MFC database and take/use resources to kepp in the roster come fall I am planning to do some roster house cleaning.. that is removing long term non-actives from our roster.

kaha

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2020, 01:34:15 PM »
I think that's acceptable, Norm. Still, probably you should inform those users by email before deleting them.

And then, new members also have to know about that upfront before they apply.

Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2020, 04:24:50 PM »
Most that want to fly will join and fly at least fly the odd time. Others join then never fly and we have re-sent the welcome notice to those in the past year to those as a reminder- just as other VA might.  At 3 months (90 days) with no flights pilots also get a retiree email advising that they haven't flown a flight in 90 days

Hi Pile Name. You have been marked as retired because you have been inactive for more than 90 days. To be un-retired, you must file a PIREP. Thanks... But no flight so they stay on retire list but eventually that expires and then they are moved to to the dead list (non-active). So taking up real estate but nobody's home!''

Anyways, we are kind hearted, patient and loving people- We're sure not going to force anyone or kill anyone yet. lol if they don't fly at MFC/RTMM lol. But maybe someday, if they ever want to, they are  always free and welcome to re-join. lol