Author Topic: Misty's Caribbean Air Adventures "The Bahamas" (Version 2 Updates)  (Read 8755 times)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Misty's Caribbean Air Adventures (MCA) Version 2

Updated Dropbox File Links (6/9/2020)

NOTE: Previous Installation:
If you've previously installed the Gregory Goodwin Bahamas and Misty's Caribbean Air Adventures collection, the base scenery by Gregory has been updated as well as the Bahamas scenery for Misty's Caribbean Air. You'll need to download at least those two files below to be updated to version 2 for this project. (Step #1 and Step #2) Just download, unzip, then overwrite your previous files with the updated files.

You will NOT need to download the custom objects for the Bahamas or the custom objects for Return to Misty Moorings IF you've already installed them inside your simulator. (Step #3 and Step #4) Same goes for the optional files (Step #5 and Step #6)

NOTE: New Installation:

Follow Required Steps #1-#4 (* See Step #4 installation note below)

======
Installation

The files located at the dropbox links below are created for the Misty's Caribbean Air Adventures collection of scenery and enhancements. They are meant to be used with an amazing base scenery of the Bahamas by Gregory Goodwin. Gregory has created a highly accurate representation of this area of the Bahamas with custom waterclass, landclass and vector data. It covers the following island areas of the Bahamas. Andros, Bimini, Nassau, Grand Bahama, The Abacos, The Berry Islands, Eleuthera, Cat Island, The Exumas and Ragged Islands as well as the Turks and Caicos Islands.

It's a large area of the Caribbean Sea that focuses on the Northern, Western and some of the Eastern and Southern Bahamas islands. He's planning on completing the rest of the Bahamas in a future release that will cover all of the remaining east and southern chains.

======

Step #1. Install the base Bahamas scenery by Gregory Goodwin.
You can find his base file named bahamas_scenery_pack_3-1.zip by going to this dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gjsbz7qodn05bf7/bahamas_scenery_pack_3-1.zip?dl=0

Or by searching on AVSIM's file library: Search using "Gregory Goodwin", "Northern Bahamas" or "bahamas_scenery_pack_3-1.zip"   

Start with that file, install it in your simulator and activate in your library as normal for any addon scenery. Follow all of his included instructions for proper installation please.

======

To view the enhancements for the Misty's Caribbean Air Adventures, Please install the following required files:

Step #2. MCA North Bahamas Scenery files by Brad Allen (Version 2)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vy2ozx50egwqas5/Misty%27s%20Caribbean%20Air%20Bahamas%20Scenery%20v2.zip?dl=0

======

Step #3. MCA Custom Object Files by Steve Weinkamer.
Install the contents of each of the three zipfiles below containing custom Bahamas objects used in this project.

FSXP3D Misty's Caribbean_SW
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6rmlyznupgcr4g/FSXP3D%20Misty%27s%20Caribbean_SW.zip?dl=0

FSXP3D Misty's Caribbean_SW vol 2
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7p01ke3famdje5e/FSXP3D%20Misty%27s%20Caribbean_SW%20vol%202.zip?dl=0

FSXP3D MoCat's Caribbean Seaplanes Tours Object Library
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2jwocbevewvsqw2/FSXP3D%20MoCat%27s%20Caribbean%20Seaplanes%20Tours%20Object%20Library.zip?dl=0

======

Step #4. *Install the four main Return to Misty Moorings Object Libraries found here: https://www.return.mistymoorings.com/object_libraries_build/

(* This step can be skipped if you have already downloaded and installed the four main libraries for Return to Misty Moorings.)

Scroll down to the Object Library Table area and the download links are located below. You'll need to download and install four custom object library zipfiles. Part I, Part II, Part III and Part IV. Unzip one at a time and carefully follow the instructions for that specific libraries installation. When completed, you must then activate each of the four libraries inside your simulators scenery library.

======
Step #5. Install the Snow Dog Tours Object Libraries.

Step #. Optional enhancements by Dexter Thomas and Brad Allen.
Dex has created AI Floatplane and Fishing Boats Traffic, sounds. Brad created custom scenery for the floatplane bases these AI objects visit.
NOTE: You'll need an installation of Tongass Fjords X to see the AI floatplanes and fishing vessels in action. If not, you can still install the scenery inside this zip for the floatplane bases.

AI Seaplane and Fishing Vessels Traffic, Sounds and Effects by Dexter Thomas. AI Seaplane Bases Scenery by Brad Allen.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5fil3bydmve6sf0/Misty%27s%20Caribbean%20Air%20Seaplane%20Bases%20Scenery_Effects_Sounds_Traffic.zip?dl=0

Step #6. Optional MCA Custom Aircraft Repaint files by Klaus Troeppner. Klaus created some great looking paint schemes in Misty's Caribbean Air Adventures colors. There's a default Maule M7 repaint as well as three payware models that will show these repaints in the simulator. You must own those payware models to see the custom paint schemes.

Carenado Cessna 185
https://www.dropbox.com/s/go0lvd53lk66fwj/Misty%27s%20Caribbean%20Air%20Carenado%20C185.zip?dl=0

Default FSX/P3D Maule M7
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ien3yxyhokxuxk/Misty%27s%20Caribbean%20Air%20Maule%20M7.zip?dl=0

Milviz Bell 407 Helicopter
https://www.dropbox.com/s/toqstyqen5enh5r/Misty%27s%20Caribbean%20Air%20Milviz%20Bell%20407.zip?dl=0

Tongass Fjords X DHC2 AI Aircraft
https://www.dropbox.com/s/szed5tr9elj8ogl/Misty%27s%20Caribbean%20Air%20DHC2%20Beaver%20AI%20Aircraft.zip?dl=0

Hope you like this project and please share your thoughts here on our forum. Time to go swimming with some piggies!!

Brad
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 12:34:46 AM by Bradallen43 »

gregory.goodwin1

Re: Misty's Caribbean Air Adventures "The Bahamas" (Version 2 Updates)
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 11:04:25 AM »
Brad,

I tried responding to your gallen8 email and it bounced a couple of times.  Don't know if you got rid of it or if the server is just having trouble.

Here's the message:

Brad,

Sorry I've been so slow to check this out, but I've been working over the last three weekends and haven't had much time to flighsim.  As usual, the scenery looks amazing. I scanned the Exumas and Turks and Caicos.  I loved seeing Parrot Cay airport all spruced up.  I had actually ignored it since it doesn't appear in satellite images anymore, but you've made it look great.  I would definitely fly there.   I'm sure I haven't seen everything you've done, but that's half the fun - to keep spotting new things. 

The only issue I saw was at Ambergris cay airport in the Caicos.  Some of the rocks overlap the runway.  I've attached a picture.

Hope all is well.

Best

Greg

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 12:16:45 PM »
Hey Greg,

I'm having issues with my email at the moment. I've been addressing this with the provider this morning so let me know if you received a message from me using my old email address.

As for the rocks, that's definitely not how they were supposed to look. Only thing I can think of is that I'm using P3D v4.5 and my terrain resolution is set at 5m.

Let me know if that helps.

Here's what it looks like for me:

A couple others from Big Ambergris Cay

Brad
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 01:11:14 PM by Bradallen43 »

gregory.goodwin1

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 01:15:19 PM »
My terrain mesh is generally set to 38m.  I was thinking that might be the issue.  I'll check it out.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 01:35:05 PM »
That's going to be the reason why. Set it to 5m and it'll look right.

Brad
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 10:57:59 PM by Bradallen43 »

Doc_Z

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2020, 02:28:37 PM »
I presume this add-on will not work in P3ds v5?

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2020, 12:33:59 AM »
Hello,

I’m sorry I don’t have an answer for you because I am currently using P3D v4.5. Maybe somebody’s able to help answer this question. I’m curious to know.

Brad

Rangerick

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2020, 04:00:08 PM »
RE: Ambergris cay airport in the Caicos

Looks Great and I'm puttering around down there now and can't find this one in "The Caicos" ???

There is an "Ambergris Caye" over by Belize ?

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2020, 12:32:09 PM »
If you have all the steps completed that were shown, you should have it. Check that you have Greg Goodwin's Bahamas Scenery installed and activated of course. MBAC is the ICAO code for the airport.

Doc_Z

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2020, 10:55:10 AM »
Anybody tried this is P3d v5?

Rangerick

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2020, 11:01:18 AM »
Re: MBAC

Found it.. thanks Brad !   

It wouldn't come up in Plan-G, but it was listed in the GPS.

FYI... I Looked the island up on-line and found out that I DEFINITELY could NOT afford to go there in the Real-World unless I mortgage my house or win a Lottery.  Ce La Vie  8)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2020, 01:23:56 PM »
Glad you found it. I like that island a lot in the sim. The Exuma Chain of islands is my favorite though. Try a flight starting from Eleuthera Rock Sound (MYER) then head to Norman Cay at MYXG. Then head down the Exuma Chain and make stops at all the small airstrips along the way. It's a blast. End your journey at Hog Cay (MYZ1)

Had a great time designing some enhancements along that route. Be sure to stop and check out Staniel Cay (MYES) then look for the swimming pigs on the island just NW of Staniel Cay too. Farmers Cay (MYE3) Little Darby Island (MYXF) and Lee Stocking Island (MYXE) will challenge your skills.

Brad

Doc_Z

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2020, 11:20:25 AM »
One more try...has anyone tried this in P3d v5? 

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2020, 12:26:11 PM »
Hi Doc Z,

I have v4.5 so I can't assist with this information but during design for this project, Dex Thomas worked alongside me on the AI creation and scenery usage and he used v5 and didn't report any issues that I was made aware of. If you could give it a go and see how it works if you'd like, then we'll know if it does or not for you. That would be very helpful.

Brad

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2020, 01:51:22 PM »
Seems fine in P3Dv5 so far..  but have flown only about half of the circuit.
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^