Author Topic: RTMM Add-on  (Read 5601 times)

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: RTMM Add-on
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2020, 11:38:39 AM »
The Add-on.xml directs which loads 1st.. Lower is first (or bottom up), in the add-on which is specified at 153 then higher loads so it is placed right above  - and both of these will load before scenery 154.

(Orbx central or Lorby's if you run - will probably set each to different layers and OC will create a backup of the original in the add-on folder - then create it's own xml file with two layers.. but this is where things can get messed up). 

For me sim, I want tongass to be loaded between layer 152 and right below whatever is at 154. (which would be one of the Orbx region entries (since Tongass is supposed to right below and Orbx Regions or Airports , but right above of any Orbx openLC landclass entries of you have openLC.   

Sometimes a double layer can mess things up - sometimes not.. sometimes it doesn't matter, but sometimes it sure does.

Just try it... Open the add-on.xml with notepad and alter the layer #.. then save then load the sim and see where it is is placed in your scenery library. (Then move it to another layer# in the xml.. and you can place items up or down in where is appears and gets loaded.. (But always work from the bottom up.. you're building a pyramid.. base to the top..  You can play with this stuff, - just remember that for your sim, 153/154 may not be correct.. all depends what you have below.. you actually might have to drop it down for correct placement.

Tongass Higher sits right above Tongass Lower.. and these two entries in the add-on must be layered(#) to be right below any Orbx regions and airports, but above any open LC items.. (Hence the exact same layer - so they sit together in the 153 slot).

Hope this helps understand some of the methology of layering - using the add-on.xml layer line. So the layer # is like one of stairs of the scenery library, even as the scenery.cfg file - each area/entry has it's level or stair. (All layers or levels start at the bottom and work up). 

And in the sim's scenery library, is the only place where you see all of the scenery entries plus all of the scenery add-on pieces together as it is directed to be layered.. Now the scenery lib entries (scenery.cfg) you can move around but not scenery that is loaded by add-on.xml - their layer # is hard coded in the addon.xml.  (then you play with that "hard coded" layer #  to get those scenery entries to fit in at the exact correct layer in the over all scenery library as viewed in the sim scenery lib.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 11:41:50 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Doc_Z

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2020, 10:46:45 AM »
I see that the complete installers are out.  I want to thank everyone for their obviously hard work and dedication.  Now to see if it works  :D

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2020, 01:34:14 PM »
Thanks Doc_z -  post here last night.  ..  and of course they work! lol

Norm

Doc_Z

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2020, 04:03:22 PM »
I meant whether my installation skills would work!!  I do have a problem: I'm getting  a warning when v5 starts saying there are multiple objects with the same name. These are the AI Simobjects in the Tongass add-on folder and the same ones that are in the v5 root folder.  Should I delete one set?  If so, which one?

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2020, 05:44:35 PM »
Of course you would be getting duplicate simobjects. You get rid of your duplicate  ai' simobjects entries that are in your simobjects folders..(they are aircraft.cfg title names) .. once done you won't have the duplicate simobjects errors.

Might take a boo at the user guide documentation.. it's all in there.

Doc_Z

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2020, 05:57:33 PM »
Passed pver that part.  Other than the AI thing, all is wonderful.  Thanks again.  Even Heidi in the A2A Cub thinks the scenery is beautiful.

Doc_Z

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2020, 06:09:17 PM »
Are the updates for the BWEP airports  listed in the NOTAMS a few days ago included or do they need to be done?

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2020, 07:15:54 PM »
All up to date..version date in the doc file. It says 07.28.2020. Which means that all the scenery is up-to-date including that date
. And up to that date matches Doug's dates in the maintenance logs at the top of the scenery page. The all-in-one files include all the latest versions of all the RTMM scenery pieces.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 04:41:27 PM by nbrich1 »

aguiar

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2020, 02:53:57 PM »
Thank for all your work on this.  I've been waiting for this so I can get RTMM into v5.

I've downloaded and installed RTMM sceneries using the addon xml method, I loved it and just want to thank you all for all the effort.
Cheers

Francisco Aguiar
Francisco Aguiar

MTN1794

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2020, 02:01:09 PM »
I want to add my thanks too!  Such a great improvement and it worked great.