Author Topic: RTMM Add-on  (Read 5591 times)

YoYo

RTMM Add-on
« on: June 03, 2020, 10:26:31 AM »
Any news about „ COMING SOON - Exclusive for P3D 4.5+ A SINGLE addon for all RTMM locations”?
Id like to install it to P3Dv5 HT1 (or HT2 soon) :) so Im waiting still (I didnt install TF or RTMM yet to v5).
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 10:28:46 AM by YoYo »
Webmaster of www.yoyosims.pl

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: RTMM Add-on
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 01:56:09 PM »
Yep, is is an complete "all-in-one" RTMM Add-on scenery package  for P3Dv4+ and P3Dv5+.
(One 2.7 gb zip file) and when extracted expands to a total of 8.06 gb and contains all of the libs as well as all the add-on scenery pieces.

Rod is working on the RTMM AI traffic piece that will create/generate some AI simobjects so that the AI traffic will work and there is some documentation to word smith but other than that the add-on is done.

(But to generate much of the RTMM Ai traffic - Tongass is a prerequisite). So have to get Tongass in first.
(And make sure you follow the required updates in Tongass done for use in P3Dv4+v5 as it pertains to the Terrain.cfg entries, the simobjects models bringing them up to FSX Native models).

Are you planning to put Tongass in as an add-on? or conventional?  Just wondering how most might might be doing in P3D v4 + v5. (I have build my own add-on.xml so if anyone wants to set it up as an add-on in a normal structure, then can pass/post an add-on.xml file.

Norm 
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

YoYo

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 06:12:09 PM »
Thx for reply.
I didnt install TF yet. In the last time I installed for v5 Global AI Ships Traffic v2 as addon and works great but for Tongass as I remember its necessary to do some of changes in scenery.cfg of P3Dv5 so here it could be a problem (and specyfic insert point of ORBX sceneries). So perhaps conventional method is better still for TF I suppose.
Webmaster of www.yoyosims.pl

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 09:18:43 AM »
Either way works fine YoYo -  Tongass fits right between Orbx OpenLC and ORBX Regions/Airports.

(Conventionally - you would set the lower Orbx insertion point for OpenLC to be place below Tongass Lower).

Xml method for Tongass is not hard - but have to use a layer line # on the scenery entries to place the two tongass entries at that correct location because it is has to be placed in body of or within the scenery order - (It doesn't sit on top or at the bottom).

For correct display, the two tongass entries go exactly between OpenLC and the Orbx Regions & Airports right above those two tongass entries- for my scenery content the scenery layers tongass lower and higher would fit in at (That is 153 from the bottom) so in the xml the layer line reads: <Layer>153</Layer>
But your layer line might be different to fit the the correct location so just a matter of specifying the layer # in your own layer line.

Norm

aguiar

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 05:08:15 PM »
Yep, is is an complete "all-in-one" RTMM Add-on scenery package  for P3Dv4+ and P3Dv5+.
(One 2.7 gb zip file) and when extracted expands to a total of 8.06 gb and contains all of the libs as well as all the add-on scenery pieces.

Rod is working on the RTMM AI traffic piece that will create/generate some AI simobjects so that the AI traffic will work and there is some documentation to word smith but other than that the add-on is done.

(But to generate much of the RTMM Ai traffic - Tongass is a prerequisite). So have to get Tongass in first.
(And make sure you follow the required updates in Tongass done for use in P3Dv4+v5 as it pertains to the Terrain.cfg entries, the simobjects models bringing them up to FSX Native models).

Are you planning to put Tongass in as an add-on? or conventional?  Just wondering how most might might be doing in P3D v4 + v5. (I have build my own add-on.xml so if anyone wants to set it up as an add-on in a normal structure, then can pass/post an add-on.xml file.

Norm

Hello,
Any news about the all in one RTMM scenery package? I've been waiting for it.
I haven't insttalled Tongass in V5 yet, would like to put it in as an add on and would greatly appreciate if you could share your add-on.xml file
thanks a lot

Francisco Aguiar
Francisco Aguiar

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 07:02:16 PM »
Coming soon.. but now two add-ons: one for P3Dv4x and a different one for P3Dv5 due to the different elevation adjustments and the different airport database in P3Dv5 as compared to the tables in P3Dv4x and lower. This required additional customizations to some scenery pieces for use in P3Dv5 - and are not compatible with P3Dv4..so two different add-ons.

Both the RTMM Add-on for P3Dv4 (any version) and the RTMM Add-on for P3Dv5 are complete and are in final beta testing this week. Expect to release these add-ons here on the RTMM site next Saturday (August 1st).

The RTMM add-on includes a full user guide, ai traffic, scenery switcher plus a section in the guide on how to setup tongass as an add-on, terrain.cfg tongass entries, scenery order/layering, insertion points etc. etc. Much more info coming soon.

Note: the RTMM add-on for V4 as well as V5 requires tongass correctly installed and in it's folder structure. More details on this later in the RTMM add-ons guide.

In the meantime when I get to my PC will post a tongass fjords x add-on.xml file here (Text as well as a zip containing the XML file). If you install tongass to an fsx dummy install folder then move all the folders to your add-ons folder under a master Tongass Fjords X folder- and maintaining that installed folder structure in the sub folders then add-on xml can be used as a guide containing all of the required entries.  Will probably have to update the path of the entries in the add-on.xml to match your actual default documents\Prepar3D V5 add-ons folder but not hard to do (edit with notepad). Anyways will post the add-on as soon as possible.

Norm

aguiar

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2020, 04:51:52 AM »
Coming soon.. but now two add-ons: one for P3Dv4x and a different one for P3Dv5 due to the different elevation adjustments and the different airport database in P3Dv5 as compared to the tables in P3Dv4x and lower. This required additional customizations to some scenery pieces for use in P3Dv5 - and are not compatible with P3Dv4..so two different add-ons.

Both the RTMM Add-on for P3Dv4 (any version) and the RTMM Add-on for P3Dv5 are complete and are in final beta testing this week. Expect to release these add-ons here on the RTMM site next Saturday (August 1st).

The RTMM add-on includes a full user guide, ai traffic, scenery switcher plus a section in the guide on how to setup tongass as an add-on, terrain.cfg tongass entries, scenery order/layering, insertion points etc. etc. Much more info coming soon.

Note: the RTMM add-on for V4 as well as V5 requires tongass correctly installed and in it's folder structure. More details on this later in the RTMM add-ons guide.

In the meantime when I get to my PC will post a tongass fjords x add-on.xml file here (Text as well as a zip containing the XML file). If you install tongass to an fsx dummy install folder then move all the folders to your add-ons folder under a master Tongass Fjords X folder- and maintaining that installed folder structure in the sub folders then add-on xml can be used as a guide containing all of the required entries.  Will probably have to update the path of the entries in the add-on.xml to match your actual default documents\Prepar3D V5 add-ons folder but not hard to do (edit with notepad). Anyways will post the add-on as soon as possible.

Norm

Thanks a lot
Francisco Aguiar

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2020, 10:25:21 AM »
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
    <AddOn.Name>Tongass Fjords X Scenery Package (FSADDON)</AddOn.Name>
    <AddOn.Description>Tongass Fjords X Scenery Package (FSADDON).</AddOn.Description>

<AddOn.Component>
   <Category>Scenery</Category>
   <Path>Scenery\world\scenery</Path>
   <Name>World Elevation Tongass Fjords</Name>
        <Layer>4</Layer>     
     </AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>
         <Category>Texture</Category>
         <Path>Scenery\world\texture</Path>
         <Type>WORLD</Type>
     </AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>
    <Path>FSAddon\Tongass_Fjords\Tongass_Fjords_Lower_Priority\scenery</Path>
    <Name>Tongass_Fjords_Lower_Priority</Name>
         <Layer>153</Layer>
     </AddOn.Component>   

<AddOn.Component>
         <Path>FSAddon\Tongass_Fjords\Tongass_Fjords_Lower_Priority\texture</Path>
         <Type>WORLD</Type>
     </AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>
     <Path>FSAddon\Tongass_Fjords\Tongass_Fjords_Higher_Priority\scenery</Path>
     <Name>Tongass_Fjords_Higher_Priority</Name>
          <Layer>153</Layer> 
     </AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>
          <Path>FSAddon\Tongass_Fjords\Tongass_Fjords_Higher_Priority\texture</Path>
          <Type>WORLD</Type>
     </AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Effects</Category>
        <Path>Effects</Path>
     </AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Sound</Category>
        <Path>Sound</Path>
     </AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>
        <Category>SimObjects</Category>
        <Path>SimObjects\Airplanes</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>
        <Path>SimObjects\Boats</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>
        <Path>SimObjects\Rotorcraft</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>

</SimBase.Document>

(Again might have to adjust your layer # to match your sim entries. (Tongass has to sit right between ORBX Regions and airports , and ORBX Global OpenLC.)

aguiar

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2020, 11:23:47 AM »
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
    <AddOn.Name>Tongass Fjords X Scenery Package (FSADDON)</AddOn.Name>
    <AddOn.Description>Tongass Fjords X Scenery Package (FSADDON).</AddOn.Description>

<AddOn.Component>
   <Path>Scenery\world\scenery</Path>
   <Name>World Elevation Tongass Fjords</Name>
        <Layer>4</Layer>     
     </AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>
         <Path>Scenery\world\texture</Path>
         <Type>WORLD</Type>
     </AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>
    <Path>FSAddon\Tongass_Fjords\Tongass_Fjords_Lower_Priority\scenery</Path>
    <Name>Tongass_Fjords_Lower_Priority</Name>
         <Layer>153</Layer>
     </AddOn.Component>   

<AddOn.Component>
         <Path>FSAddon\Tongass_Fjords\Tongass_Fjords_Lower_Priority\texture</Path>
         <Type>WORLD</Type>
     </AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>
     <Path>FSAddon\Tongass_Fjords\Tongass_Fjords_Higher_Priority\scenery</Path>
     <Name>Tongass_Fjords_Higher_Priority</Name>
          <Layer>153</Layer> 
     </AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>
          <Path>FSAddon\Tongass_Fjords\Tongass_Fjords_Higher_Priority\texture</Path>
          <Type>WORLD</Type>
     </AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Effects</Category>
        <Path>Effects</Path>
     </AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Sound</Category>
        <Path>Sound</Path>
     </AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>
        <Path>SimObjects\Airplanes</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>
        <Path>SimObjects\Boats</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>
        <Path>SimObjects\Rotorcraft</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>

</SimBase.Document>

(Again might have to adjust your layer # to match your sim entries. (Tongass has to sit right between ORBX Regions and airports , and ORBX Global OpenLC.)

Thank you Norm
Francisco Aguiar

Doc_Z

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2020, 12:42:04 PM »
I'm not quite up to speed on this type of xml.  At the moment, I have Tongass installed in v5 in a folder in the root directory called FSAddon and loaded into the sim through the scenery library method. What is the process to install it as an xml?  Rename the folder?  Move it?  Where does the xml file you put up  go?  In the add-ons folder in Documents?

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2020, 01:13:32 PM »
You have a conventional tongass setup so best just leave it like that hat.. if it's working and correctly setup.

Doc_Z

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2020, 01:43:43 PM »
Fine.  What happens when the new RTMM Add-on comes along and I want to add RTMM to my v5?  Do I use the xml method?  And leave Tongass as is?

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2020, 05:41:01 PM »
Yep.. the add-on is XML add-on for P3Dv4 or P3Dv5 but tongass can be left as is..( we use tongass to create ai traffic in various scenery pieces but Rod has built a new ai traffic installer to work with the add-ons as well as also works with conventional setups...   so in other words conventional tongass setup is fine with the RTMM add-on OR now a Tongass install setup as an add-on is also fine..

More details of all this stuff will follow this coming week.

Norm

Doc_Z

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2020, 06:55:42 PM »
Thank for all your work on this.  I've been waiting for this so I can get RTMM into v5.

Garry

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2020, 08:42:09 AM »
Hi Norm
Can you tell me why Tongass lower and higher entries are both layer 153, please?
I would have thought they would be layers 153 and 154?

R7 5800X RTX4070ti 12gb 32gb 3200 DDR4 Corsair 110h v2  34" UW 1440p 100hz  1tb SSD-OS 1Tb M2 Cambridge 5.1 audio Honeycomb A + B TM pedals Corsair K55+M55 Seasonic 750w plat