Author Topic: misty hop #6 ,Exploring the Queen charlotte islands.  (Read 4303 times)

WeDGe

• You cant take it with ya
misty hop #6 ,Exploring the Queen charlotte islands.
« on: April 20, 2011, 01:33:59 PM »
I thought it would be nice to check out this often overlooked area. I never once  evenchecked it out in the Mistys of old, but here in RTMM and pac fjords we have some interesting places to explore..
we,ll meet up at Sandspit airport CYZP thursday at 9pm EST (0200 zulu ) all i know right now is you,ll need Floats or an amphib for the first half as there are mostly water landings in this area and we,ll switch back to wheels for the second half....scenerys you,ll need installed are as follows.

Fairfax Lake Campsite.
Jedway bay seaplane Base
Moresby camp  "or is it camp moresby"
Mt Matlock Cabin
Prayer Lake cabin
Sewall Lodge
Yakhoun Lake Cabin.

server info
FSHOST RTMM server ip = 64.22.78.67  port 24100
Teamspeak 2 RTMM server ip =64.22.78.67:8777
the password to join both fshost and teamspeak is " rtmm2011 "

zipped plan g and fsx flight plan attached at bottom of post

Flight plan screenshot

wedge

[attachment deleted by admin (old)]
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 12:35:55 PM by WeDGe »

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: misty hop #6 ,Exploring the Queen charlotte islands.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 03:27:57 PM »
Well sounds like a good itinerary to me and a great chance to try the RTMM servers for real for the first time.
Need to check TS to make sure I have the right setting for 'our' server setup.
Wedge,
When you say Flight Plan and details to follow do you mean a Flight Plan that we can download for the sim?
I have all the RTMM scenery installed and working so I am ready!!
0200 Z Floats dry!
Later,

Spud

WeDGe

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 11:35:19 PM »
hey ya spud , i was going to try and upload the plan g flight plan but not sure how, we,ll see or i was thinking of using vectore and distance for some of the locations so we have to look for them..part of the fun  ;D yes.....late tonight i,ll finalize the routing and post a screen shot...see you at 0200 zulu thursday night..thats 9am friday mourning for anyone in perth  ;D wedge

WeDGe

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 04:20:11 AM »
sorry folks .my internet connection was down so now that its 4am est i need to get some sleep..i have the flight plan finalized and will post it when i wake up in the mourning .the only scenery addon not needed is the fairfax lake cabin scenery ...why ? because when i try and unzipp it ,it says the file is corrupted ..other wise, hold on to yer arses ,its gona be a wild flight..later wedge :o

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 09:48:09 AM »
Wedge,
must have been a bad download, I have it and it installed just fine.  Grab it again from the download section and retry as it is just a single .bgl file for scenery with the various .jpg and flt. pln files along with it.  of course the scenery is just a couple of tents with a campfire.  Keep the speed down the lake is not that big.
 8)
Later,

Spud

WeDGe

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 12:11:47 PM »
thanks spud ,got fairfax lake camp installed , turns out my computer was blocking it for my saftey lol.
i updated the original post with the screen shot of the plan G flight plan..i.ll try and upload the actual plan but havent figured out how to do that yet....Time to stock the fridge with some beer for the flight ,see you at 0200 zulu my usuall flight buddies cant make this one so i hope some of you new RTMM members can make it..cheers WeDGe ;D

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 01:02:42 AM »
That was fun.  It was very challenging for me to try to fly, and type, and eat my dinner, all at the same time.  I noticed Spud remedied that by just "not typing".  Thanks Wedge and Spud for the flight.  Here's some of the pics from the trip.
(ps-I got TS2 working, I just needed a different install file than what I had. I logged on to the teamspeak server with no problem.) 

[attachment deleted by admin (old)]
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 01:11:17 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P