Author Topic: RTMM WayPoints Project  (Read 11823 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: RTMM WayPoints Project
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2020, 04:19:11 PM »
Update 05.30.2020

I fixed all of the problems I found. Much work was actually done on the Location Information Table updating the waypoints from the 2019 update. Also, the locations from Vancouver Project were not on the table, those are now included. The Rtmm WayPoints.zip folder is now ready for download.

Let me know if you see any problems. If you downloaded before ... DELETE the folder you have first ... do not OVERWRITE! Names were changed and you could get duplicates.

Doug

Doug

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2020, 08:38:21 AM »
The WayPoint program is now fully functional, a new zip button and readme button were put on the scenery page. A new waypoint R571A was added for "CIRP R and R Lodge" ... which is a part of Soule Glacier but needed its own waypoint. CIRP R & R was also added to the location table.

Winstanley was in as an xml, that was fixed to become a bgl.

There may be some small things here and there, let me know if you encounter a problem.

Doug

kaha

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2020, 10:47:20 AM »
Works like a charm!

I assume it's intended that the waypoints are not visible on the map?

Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

Vincederio

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2020, 01:11:50 PM »
The WayPoint program is now fully functional, a new zip button and readme button were put on the scenery page. A new waypoint R571A was added for "CIRP R and R Lodge" ... which is a part of Soule Glacier but needed its own waypoint. CIRP R & R was also added to the location table.

Winstanley was in as an xml, that was fixed to become a bgl.

There may be some small things here and there, let me know if you encounter a problem.

Doug

Hi Doug

Just to say that I still found 2 xml files. R444A and R565A. Otherwise, I try some flights. See you
I keep my "windows" wide open
See You

Approaching the Lower Paridise Lake Cabin USFS.
Life in the cabin. Ça marche nickel........
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 03:05:04 PM by Vincederio »
un bel avion est un avion qui vole bien. M.D.

Doug

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2020, 03:02:14 PM »
Vince ... got both xml's fixed. A new zip folder is posted, noted on RTMM WayPoints maintenance log. (Remember all, when replacing the RTMM WayPoints with a new one ...be SURE to delete the old one first. In this case, if you were overwriting, the old xml would remain in your folder.

Karl ... the only show on the map when it is your "added destination" into the GPS. As soon as you have it added as your "direct" waypoint from your GPS, then the "R" number will show on your GPS at the destination.

Doug

Vincederio

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2020, 03:11:30 PM »
Pas de problème, Doug
and again thank you for everything
un bel avion est un avion qui vole bien. M.D.

kaha

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2020, 03:49:30 PM »
... the only show on the map when it is your "added destination" into the GPS. As soon as you have it added as your "direct" waypoint from your GPS, then the "R" number will show on your GPS at the destination.

Doug

That's perfect!

Thank you,
Karl

Doug

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2020, 03:53:32 PM »
Trollers Cove Cabin had the wrong longitude ... fixed now. So the RTMM WayPoints needs a re-download and re-install (delete the old one first) ... see Maintenance Log.

For those of you following this, we will have corrections like this until everything is OK. So be checking the Maintenance Page and watch for a RED RTMM WayPoints there and note the date.

Doug

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2020, 08:43:10 PM »
New RTMM WayPoints is "up" with several corrections - see maintenance log for details.

Doug

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2020, 10:41:56 AM »
I'm flying from location to location using the new waypoints. As a flight planner, I'm using Little NavMap. When I select the next waypoint, I am able to "edit" that waypoint in LNM and put the R number in. It then shows up on the location name when Little NavMap is on. This is helping me keep track of the cabins I fly to and have "checked". Also when done, it may give me an "export" folks could use to have all of the locations "numbered" for waypoints. I'm actually flying "over" them, making sure they are where they should be, then I look at LNM for the next nearest location and put that one in and fly to it.  I'm finding an error here and there, but most seem to be ok.

Doug

Doug

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2020, 11:42:17 AM »
Waypoints working nicely. Flying to the cabins north of Sitka, you can just go from one to another, don't even have to land. Good way to check out the accuracy of the waypoints, no changes needed today.

Doug

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2020, 09:13:31 AM »
Still flying the WayPoints. Correcting as I go.  I'm also changing the "icon" for all of the RTMM entries to the little brown cabin (see pic). You can see also the "R" number for each one I have visited. I have to actually visit them all (which is fun), to make sure the waypoint is correct. You can see the dotted line flight route I took to "find" the waypoints.  I've cleaned out the many duplicates I had in Little NavMap ... seems every time you hit it with a CSV file, it "adds".  When finished, I'll have a CSV file for all of RTMM for Little NavMap that should be very accurate.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2020, 09:28:24 AM »
Running like a well oiled machine. You're amazing.

Hope your family is safe and staying healthy. Thanks for all you do Doug.

Brad
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 06:05:17 PM by Bradallen43 »

kaha

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2020, 04:50:02 PM »
....When finished, I'll have a CSV file for all of RTMM for Little NavMap that should be very accurate.

That's really, really nice then!

Karl

Doug

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2020, 08:37:11 PM »
Just posted the latest update. There’s a new pdf for table and updated waypoints folder to download. This will take some time to get it all correct, but flying from cabin to cabin is fun. Sometimes I don’t land, just do a low pass to spot the cabin and make sure the waypoint was working. I’m cleaning up some little things along the way too, still some doubles in the database, occasional misspelling, even a cabin not on the table yet. I’ve found a couple of them. I usually leave the autopilot off, so I’m getting a lot more stick time.

I’m really impressed with Little NavMap. Still trying to figure out how the database has collected all the duplicate waypoints. I miss the “place aircraft at position” that Plan G had, but everything else looks great.